[PROPOSAL] NEAR Korea DAO Community Meetup: A Buidl.asia Side Event during ETH Seoul Week, June 2023, South Korea
Guild Name: Near Korea DAO
NEAR Protocol Korea DAO Twitter(1.6k users): https://twitter.com/NearKoreaDAO
NEAR Protocol Korea DAO Telegram chatting channel(0.8k users): https://t.me/NEARProtocol_KoreaDAO
NEAR Protocol Korea DAO Telegram announce channel(0.7k users): Telegram: Contact @NEARProtocolKoreaDAO
Near Korea DAO (Near Korea DAO | Near Social )
Core member Jaden: Near Social
Core member Kailey: Near Social
Core member gryptoguru: Near Social
NEAR Protocol Korea DAO members:
CoinEasy: Telegram: Contact @coiniseasy (4.9k users)
크립토 도서관: Telegram: Contact @gachi2job (10k users)
코인같이투자: Telegram: Contact @WeCryptoTogether (21k users)
BQ: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXwcm91Ebpsn_2Qx1lguTZw (5.5k users)
멘탈관리소: Telegram: Contact @jaysonchart (1.9k users)
Detailed what we have done: (Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases. )
Overview of Previous Meetups :
- NEAR Korea DAO x Korea blockchain week in 2022:
NEAR Protocol Korea Meet up collaborate with Korea blockchain week 2022 (notion.so)
2. Near Korea DAO x Busan Blockchain Week in 2022 event: NEAR Protocol Meet up with Blockchain week 2022 in Busan (notion.so)
- Workshop Collaboration: Nuri Lounge x NEAR Protocol Korea DAO on NEAR Protocol
Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.
Marketing Type: Real Life Events
Funding Scheme: One-time
Initiative Summary : This proposal seeks to secure funding for a Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO) community networking event to be held in conjunction with Buidl.asia and ETH Seoul Week in South Korea, June 2023. The event aims to facilitate knowledge exchange, foster collaborations, and strengthen the DAO community within the thriving Asian blockchain ecosystem.
Our marketing strategy involves leveraging the influence of our Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), who will aid in promoting the event through their respective channels. This includes social media posts, blog entries, and potentially webinars or live Q&A sessions to generate interest and provide more information about the event.
By using our KOLs, we aim to reach a wider audience, raise the profile of the event, and ultimately encourage more participants from the blockchain and DAO communities. This approach not only falls under event marketing but also incorporates aspects of influencer and content marketing.
Expected Impact and Value : The proposed DAO community networking event is expected to bring significant benefits to the NEAR ecosystem and community.
Knowledge Sharing: The event will gather professionals, developers, and blockchain enthusiasts, providing a platform for sharing ideas, experiences, and skills. This can lead to better use of the NEAR protocol and stronger DAO development within NEAR.
Networking: The event will provide opportunities for networking and potential collaborations between NEAR community members and other DAO participants, possibly leading to partnerships or joint projects.
Visibility: By holding the event in conjunction with Buidl.asia and ETH Seoul Week, we will raise the profile of NEAR within the broader blockchain community.
Community Growth: Showcasing NEAR’s potential and its vibrant community can attract new members, contributing to the growth and diversification of the NEAR community.
Influencer Engagement: Our KOLs will help us reach a broader audience, including those who might not yet be familiar with NEAR, bringing new interest to the NEAR ecosystem.
Increase NEAR BOS Usage: We want more people to use NEAR BOS. During the event, we’ll have workshops and sessions explaining how to use it and the benefits it provides. We aim to get many attendees to sign up and start using NEAR BOS.
Boost IAmHuman Verification: We want to verify as many new NEAR users as possible through IAmHuman. We’ll have a dedicated booth at the event to guide attendees through the process. To encourage participation, we’ll hold an airdrop for those who complete the verification at the event.
How this Helps NEAR:
- NEAR BOS Sign-ups: By getting more attendees to sign up for and use NEAR bOS, we increase its adoption. This helps grow the NEAR ecosystem.
- IAmHuman Verifications: By assisting attendees in getting verified on IAmHuman, we ensure that more users are verified humans, strengthening the security and integrity of the NEAR ecosystem.
Promoting NEAR’s Features:
- Easy Sign-up and Onboarding: We’ll show attendees how easy it is to sign up for NEAR using just their email and guide them through the onboarding process.
- NEAR’s Cross-Chain Capabilities: We’ll highlight the benefits of NEAR, including its ability to work with other chains like Ethereum, allowing users to enjoy the speed, low cost, and scalability of NEAR while avoiding being stuck in one ecosystem.
- Use of NEAR Components: We’ll encourage attendees to use NEAR components to build their own apps, highlighting the community-built components available and how they can create their own apps from scratch.
In conclusion, this event aims to not only strengthen the NEAR community but also to encourage the adoption of key NEAR projects like NEAR BOS and IAmHuman, which are crucial to the growth of the NEAR ecosystem.
Metrics for Measuring Success : To gauge the effectiveness of this event and its impact on the NEAR ecosystem and community, we propose the following success metrics:
Attendance Rate: Measure the number of attendees at the event. A high turnout would indicate a successful marketing campaign and interest in the NEAR ecosystem and DAOs.
Engagement Metrics: Analyze the level of interaction during the event - number of questions asked, discussions initiated, and contacts exchanged. This can provide insights into the depth of attendee involvement and interest.
Post-event Surveys: Conduct surveys to gather direct feedback from participants. This could cover their overall experience, learnings from the event, and their perception of the NEAR ecosystem.
Social Media Engagement: Monitor the number of likes, shares, comments, and mentions related to the event on different social media platforms. A spike in these metrics could indicate heightened interest and awareness.
Influencer Engagement: Track the reach, engagement, and sentiment of posts from our KOLs related to the event.
Partnerships Formed: Monitor any collaborations or partnerships that arise as a direct result of networking at the event. This might take a bit longer to materialize but would be a strong indicator of success.
By carefully analyzing these metrics, we can understand the event’s impact and apply these learnings to improve future initiatives.
Estimated Timeline and Milestones :
Week 3 (Mid-May):
- Announce the finalized event schedule to the registered attendees and the broader community.
- Ensure all speakers, facilitators, and key participants are adequately briefed and prepared.
Week 4 (Mid to Late May):
- Conduct final testing of all event-related technology, troubleshoot any issues, and ensure everything is set for a seamless virtual experience.
- Send out final reminders to attendees, providing details about the event’s schedule, platform, and other necessary instructions.
Week 5 (Late May):
- Conduct a final push in marketing, leveraging KOLs, social media, and other channels to maximize event attendance.
- Finalize all event materials, including presentations, handouts, and interactive session resources.
- Prepare the team for real-time event management, including handling potential tech issues, managing the flow of sessions, and engaging with attendees.
End of May:
- Complete the final review and make any last-minute adjustments as necessary.
- Prepare for the event kick-off.
previously funded forum proposals : [APPROVED] Near Korea DAO Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - Marketing / MarketingDAO - NEAR Forum]([APPROVED] Near Korea DAO Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget)
Funding Details :
|USD $920||Venue (Half day)|
|USD $1,600||Event management - 4 staffs total(120 hours total (Prep), 7 hours total (event)|
|USD $850||Pushing in marketing, leveraging KOLs, social media, and other channels to maximize event attendance.|
|USD $400||Goods (T-shirts, 2 Banners, Stickers, Eco Bags, Printing)|
Total requested amount in USD: $4,000
NEAR Wallet ID: coineasydao.near
AstroDAO account ID: nearprotocolkoreadao.sputnik-dao.near
Wallet Owner’s Name: Seung Hyun Lee