[PROPOSAL] Open Call for an Art Project "We Are Super Heroes"

Project/Council Members:

belzua.near

chloe.near

geminirising.near

tabear.near

Target: inaV2.sputnik-dao.nea

Project:

For our 3rd community art project, we are planning on doing something a bit different. We will be making a deck of cards called We Are Super Heroes. There will be 17 cards in total and we will be minting them as a collection on Paras. The We Are Super Heroes collection will reflect the many facets of what makes women super heroes. We are asking our community to create a piece of art of a female form, in a pose and attire that encapsulates her unique, super abilities. We are looking for more graphic, yet still artistic pieces, that are can be hand or digitally drawn or maybe even a collage. Please no photographs or gifs. We are looking for cohesiveness throughout the collection. In this case it is important to follow the guidelines of Paras;

A digital art card on Paras follows the format of real world trading cards which are in portrait with ratio 64 : 89. The maximum file size is 30MB.

We will be asking the community to post their pieces right here on Near.org. Once all the pieces have been submitted the community will vote on the 17 best pieces using Astro. Each piece chosen will receive a prize.

The council will then upload the limited collection (number tbd) to the INA DAO store on Paras and set them for sale at a reasonable collectible price of 1 Near each. As well, INA DAO will keep a collection for the DAO. The sale of the pieces will go directly to the DAO, as we cannot do splits on Paras. All resales will be split between the artist and INA DAO (75% and 25%).

Once again there will be a group gallery show and party, both in Cryptovoxels and NearHub.

Each piece chosen will receive $140 USD x N
17 pieces X $140 = $2,380 USD x N

Timeline:

••PLEASE NOTE, WE HAVE CHANGED THE DATES BELOW••

• Deadline for submissions May 13th midnight UTC
  • Member voting on pieces to be included (the council members will have the final say): May 14th to 21st
  • Minting of all pieces: May 22nd to 25th
  • Promotion of group show May 22nd to May 30th
  • Gallery show and party: May 30th
20 Likes

This is sooooo amayzing :star_struck:

4 Likes

Beautiful Project! I love the outlines :+1::relaxed:

2 Likes

Ill definitely join in this :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 entry per person??

1 Like

Lets goooo. Gonna join to this​:rocket:

4 Likes

You can enter as many pieces as you like, but we will only be choosing 17 in the end.

3 Likes

Copy :relaxed::relaxed: Goodluck to all Participants

2 Likes

Yay!!! I loved it!!! <3

2 Likes

nice idea, lets do it

2 Likes

I’d like to be a part of it. LFG :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::fire:

1 Like

Want to join too :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Please share your artwork right here on this thread. We will announce 17 winners after the May 6th deadline.

5 Likes

Work in Progress already​:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Deadline changed to May 13th!!

1 Like

Hi. Here it’s my submission :raised_hands::sunglasses:

[Edit] gonna need this one, Sorry guys*

Did one more

This bounty really motivated me and I’m creating a series of collage power cards for pinups exploited by sexism and machismo, resignifying the perpetuated image of sensuality and eroticism.

Thank you!

:heart:
L.
luluca_l.near

5 Likes

Here is one of my art works from
The Increadible Wulks a sci-fi comic book project that I’m proposing to develop. The story revolves around five women who suffered serious genetic mutations, in different circumstances, and ended up meeting in the city of São Paulo. Inspired by the world of Graphic Novels and films with female protagonist (such as Barbarella, Cleopatra Jones and A Mulher de Todos), “The Incredibles Wulk”, wanders between these worlds through characters who deal with their existential crises and their superpowers, in a way nonsense, in the midst of a city about to collapse.
The idea is to also make a version of this image draw by the artist @alinedaka. Inspired by the pictures and texts she will draw her version.

5 Likes

please remember that the para card ratio is 64 : 89, and the maximum file size is 30MB.

love this work, let’s draw it! :heart: :cherries: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I want to join too :hugs::blush:

1 Like

ups, I’ll arrange it asap! :stuck_out_tongue: