[CLOSED] INA Supports your Super Powers 3

Hello Sisters!

INA DAO is actively advocating for greater female representation in the crypto art scene, especially within the NEAR ecosystem, recognizing the potential for this space to empower women. As female artists ourselves, we are well aware of the various challenges that come with pursuing creative endeavours, such as time management, financial constraints, and finding suitable spaces to work in.

Therefore, we are having another artist in residency program where we’d like to help you develop your superpowers freely. This will involve:

• Financial aid of up to 2100 USD in stable coin (divided for a maximum of 3 participants - approximately 700 USD per artist) - meant to be used for materials, space renting, etc.
  • An art exhibition at our 2 metaverse virtual galleries, 1 floor per artist.
  • Be featured on our social media and our NFT stores.
  • Guidance from our team of visual artists.

In this third edition we’ll support up to 3 female artists on their residencies, provided you:

1. Link a portfolio/profile with your recent works.
  2. Provide a detailed description of the project you wish to work on and how it is relevant to this space.
  3. A budget of how this money will be spent as well as a timeline.
  4. Follow us on our social media to support us.

Please fill in this Google form and leave a link in the responses below for transparency. We decided to use the forms this time because we are trying to onboard more women artists from outside this ecosystem.

The deadline for submissions is April 10th midnight UTC.
Projects will be chosen by April 12th midnight UTC.
Final work of chosen participants must be submitted by May 26th midnight UTC.
The gallery show/opening will be June 1st 17:00 UTC at our Near Hub and Cryptovoxels galleries.

Please note that we will only select female/identifying as female artists, and projects that raise awareness about the feminine, in accordance with INA’s values and identity.

Super Powers 3 open call no link

If your superpower fits this call, please feel free to apply!

You are welcome to drop a message in our Telegram any time in case you have any queries. You can also find us on Instagram and on Twitter

Looking forward to your submissions!

:blue_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: INA DAO :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart:

15 Likes

this is a project i’ve had my eyes on for a while now, glad to see super powers 3 in motion :muscle:t5:

here’s my entry:
Ina Supports Your Super Powers - Third edition

:crossed_fingers:t5:

1 Like

ok, that link doesn’t seem to be working - let me look into it

Hi @GeminiRising is there no slot for disk jockeys?(Djs)

Good to see something like this in motion, our female counterparts deserve to be seen as equals in the space!

6 Likes

we will be having an open call in May for the DJ

1 Like

yes i copied the form but i don’t think it’s possible to get the answers in a public link. i think you can only see the responses on the backend. let me know if you see my response and if you want me to share a different link here (like my portfolio)

1 Like

We have your application, we just want to have others be able to see it for transparency. We will be posting a link with all proposals as we get them.

submitted an application to participate in the residency, thank you for this opportunity.

here is my proposal for transparency:

3 Likes

Hello, beautiful people. Super excited to be back with this incredible opportunity. INA’s work makes me feel happy and willing to be part. I sent a beautiful project with my friend @tauina, I hope you like it and can support our LUTA.

Project description *
LUTA: The proposal is about immersion in writing, voiceover reading, audio producing and AI visual arts. Tau Ina poetizes, L reads, edit and creates AI images for the “Heycu” texts. Both produce and execute the project. The idea is to create at least 5 1/1 mintable works (text, image and sound) and also produce physical stickers so artists can capitalize on both web3 and irl (physical product are a legacy and will be used as a crowdfunding prize or sale at alternative art fairs and make It self sustainable). Each nft sold, comes with a set of all stickers, also creating a utility for It. It will be needed to onboard the profile [luta.near]. Audios can also be made available on a specialized platform, such as a podcast interview with the artists. For the exhibition, create an interesting space where people can feel immersed in the arts, the theme is real PWD and trans lifes. There is the possibility of negociate to open the exhibition in a real art space as well, if sync agendas and as a counterpart, talk about cryptoart and offer new onboarding artists to the DAO. Luluca L is a non-artist, neurodivergent, gender fluid person who is struggling with their degenerative physical disability. Tau Ina is a trans woman struggling to survive in the country that kills the most LGBTQIAPN+ people in the world (Brasil, so works will be written and read in Portuguese, as a statement). Both still creating. Together in the atelier residence they share, they has this idea already in progress (13 “heycu” are ready) just waiting for resources to produce. So, the opportunity is unique and they really need the incentive to start this new project. The justification for the LUTA action also involves supporting creativity in addition to the difficulties trans and disabled people face on a daily basis. How can we keep work interesting on emergency situations? How can we keep alive, people who are slowly given up? LUTA means fight in portuguese and also is the first two letters of the names of the artists, marking the debut of this collab duo Luluca L and Tau Iná, the union of these two superheroes! Their power is to resist.

Project budget *
Artists fee: Tau $200 / L $200.
Executive production: $100.
Atelier maintenance (electricity, internet, rent): $50. Printing and mailing stickers: $150.
Total budget: $700

Portfolio *
@LulucaL:
luluca_l.near

@tauina:
tauina.near

To know more about us, you can see profiles here at forum and in our social media links.

We are available to sart the residency time as soon as possible and negotiate delivery as DAO needed.

Tnx a lot.

:heart:
L.

3 Likes

Greetings Ina sisters! super amazing project we got here; delighted to be part of this residency program.

My entry proposal:

:innocent:

4 Likes

Hello, INADAO team. I have just completed my registration and I would like to express my gratitude for the opportunity you are providing for women artists.

My proposal:

Project description and resume

Brazil is a country that harbors diverse cultures and ethnicities, resulting from the miscegenation that occurred throughout its history. The issue of race and cultural diversity is fundamental to the understanding of Brazilian identity and is a subject that has gained more and more space in different spheres of society. In this context, the project of ceramic sculptures that addresses the theme of race and miscegenation in Brazil gains relevance, not only as an artistic initiative but also as a way to foster reflection on Brazilian diversity and its importance for the construction of a more just and egalitarian society.

I am an artist and researcher who uses ceramics and visual arts as a tool for communication and expression of racial issues in Brazil. The project of ceramic sculptures on race and miscegenation in Brazil is an artistic initiative that seeks to explore the country’s cultural diversity through sculptures that depict people of different races and ethnicities. These sculptures will be exhibited in a metaverse, making the project even more relevant and innovative.
Through art, I hope to contribute to a more conscious and sensitive dialogue about ancestry and racial diversity in Brazil, as well as stimulate reflection on the country’s racial and cultural plurality. My research focuses on the relationship between art and society, especially regarding the reflection on social and cultural issues. Ceramics is a technique that fascinates me for its symbolic richness and its ability to express different concepts and ideas. Through ceramic sculptures, I seek to explore the complexities of Brazilian diversity and stimulate dialogue on important topics for society, such as racial equality and the valorization of Afro-Brazilian culture.
The Maneio project is a deep immersion into the ancestry of mixed and racialized family nuclei in Brazil, seeking to highlight the country’s rich racial plurality and its cultural and social impacts. As an artist, my research on ancestry is the guiding force of my trajectory in art because through artistic expression, it is possible to understand the paradigms that intertwine my existence as a woman, mixed-race, and Brazilian.
I am an artist who researches ceramics and visual arts as a tool for expression and reflection on Brazilian society. The Maneio work is a hybrid project, composed of two stages: clay modeling and video art. In the first stage, I use clay modeling to create sculptures that represent individual characteristics of a family nucleus. Each body part is molded separately - head, arms, torso, legs, feet, and hands - and then interconnected by a transparent thread, which constructs a single manipulable body, also known as “Marionettes.”
This process allows for a unique and detailed artistic representation of the diversity of races present in Brazil and how they blend and manifest in each family nucleus. Additionally, the second stage of the work, video art, allows for interaction with the sculpture in a virtual way, exploring new forms of artistic experimentation and immersion.
The ceramic sculptures that make up the Maneio work will be exhibited in a metaverse, representing an opportunity to expand the reach and accessibility of art, promoting cultural diversity and social inclusion. The exhibition in the metaverse allows people from different parts of the world to have access to the work, as well as providing a new form of interaction and artistic experience. The use of technology as a means of access to art is an innovative and inclusive way of democratizing access to culture and valuing Brazil’s cultural diversity.

Objectives:

1. Create a series of 10 sculptures depicting the miscegenation in Brazil, representing the country’s racial diversity and its complexities.
  2. Explore the technique of clay modeling as a form of artistic expression and visual communication of racial issues in Brazil.
  3. Use video art as a way to enhance the artistic experience and enable virtual interaction with the sculptures.
  4. Promote dialogue and reflection on ancestry and racial diversity in Brazil, contributing to a more conscious and sensitive society regarding racial and cultural issues.
  5. Encourage social inclusion and appreciation of Brazilian cultural diversity through the exhibition of ceramic sculptures in the metaverse.
  6. Expand the reach of art through the use of technology and new forms of exhibition, bringing the artwork to audiences from different parts of the world.

Project Schedule:

1st phase: Materials acquisition and sculpting
Research and selection of materials (clay, tools, wire)
Acquisition of selected materials
Creation of clay models
Sculpting of the sculptures

2nd phase: Finishing and final touches after firing
Firing of sculptures in specialized kiln
Cleaning and finishing of pieces after firing
Painting and final touches on sculptures

3rd phase: Recording and Editing of video art
Development of video art concept
Recording of high definition images of sculptures
Editing and post-production of video art

4th phase: Curation and Exhibition Design in the metaverse
Selection of location and platform for exhibition in the metaverse
Development of curatorial concept for exhibition
Virtual assembly of sculptures and video art in exhibition space
Opening of virtual exhibition and promotion.

So that you can have a more complete understanding of the project I intend to continue, I would like to share some photographs. These images illustrate the nature of the sculptures I will create for the exhibition, as well as details of the finishes and modeling techniques used. LINK: https://maneioportfolio.my.canva.site/

Budget for sculpture and video art project

1st phase: Acquisition of materials and sculpting

Clay and modeling tools: $200
Gas for high-temperature firings and ceramic furniture for the kiln: $300
Total for the 1st phase: $500
2nd phase: Finishing and finalization after firings

Glazes: $50
Tools for sculpture assembly (woods, fishing wires): $50
Total for the 2nd phase: $100
Total budget: $600

To ensure a smooth execution of all stages of the sculpture and video art project, I have set a total budget of $600, which includes the acquisition of materials, finishing and finalization, and video production. Of these $700, $600 will be allocated to the sculpting and finishing stages, while the remaining $100 will be kept as a reserve for any additional expenses

PORTFÓLIO ESCULTURAS: Artistic Portfolio
SITE:https://ramoselizaa.wixsite.com/ramoselizabeth
INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/ramoseliza/

1 Like

Hi dears, I’ve just sent my application. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your support! xx

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. We will be announcing the 3 winners within the next 24 hours.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,
We had a total of 10 proposals this time and they were all amazing!
Unfortunately, we only have enough to fund 3 projects, so it was an extremely hard decision for us. If you weren’t selected we urge you to try again next time.
The winners for this round are:

We will contact you all individually to get you started.

5 Likes