[PROPOSAL] Application to be Council for Regional Community DAO - Irving Cancino

Hello NEAR Family
I am excited to get to know myself more deeply and to be able to apply for the RC DAO council, some of you may know me from my active participation with the Open Web Academy, where we focus on sewing silicones and promoting the technology of near

Who are you?

I’m Irving Cancino, in the IRL world I’m a project manager for technology projects specializing in e-commerce and software development. I have been teaching technology classes and courses for 5 years such as robotic programming and artificial intelligence in traditional educational systems, I am a Google level 2 teacher and a blockchain technology enthusiast. Since 2019 I have tried to filter and facilitate content about crypto technology and have brought it to my students.
Since March 2021 I have been involved in the NEAR ecosystem and since June 2022 I have been working 100% with @openwebacademy, where we build solutions and educate about the NEAR Protocol.

What is your experience?

• I have an NCA certification (NEAR Certified Analyst) | Learn more
  • I have an NCP certification (NEAR Certified Professor), certification that gave me the competence to design learning experiences in classrooms and communicate about NEAR’s Blockchain technology. | Learn more
  • I collaborated in some outreach activities of NEAR Hispano, now called Nativo Crypto Hub
  • I designed together with the Open Web Academy team 3 workshops/certifications to teach about AURORA development, NEAR video game design and NEAR protocol architecture.
  • I was a participant in the past NEAR Stake Wars to mount nodes | View playlist on Youtube
  • I coordinate the past and current maintenance activities of the validator node of the Open Web Academy in NEAR. | Show more
  • Participation in multiple global hackathons of NEAR
  • Experience in the organization of 3 NEAR + AURORA hackathons in Mexico (Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, Monterrey)
  • +10 meetups in different cities of Mexico about NEAR
  • 1 year without interruptions of digital content creation about NEAR, a great majority of this with the support of @marketingdao-council

Any skill?

I consider myself a proactive person, with vision and very meticulous in carrying out processes, I am also an organized person. It is easy for me to speak in public and I have the ability to analyze from various perspectives.

Goals

Spanish is the second language spoken by birth in the world, which makes LATAM a region of great adoption.
I have the objective of making visible and demonstrating at a global level the construction capacity of Spanish speakers, in addition to promoting the creation of new solutions based on NEAR.

How are you involved with NEAR and the blockchain ecosystem in general?

• I currently coordinate the operations of Open Web Academy, a community of builders based on NEAR and AURORA technology and with presence in multiple LATAM countries.
  • I am an active member of this forum.
  • The open web academy and I actively collaborate with projects and communities such as Reality NEAR by Javier Bamabera, Perennis by Cristian aldazaba and @Do0k13 , Nativo Art, Burrito Batlle, Aurora latam with @Turco, NEAR Argentina wiht @leamanza, NEAR Mexico with @josedlujan and Bancambios wiht @osc.near
  • We are currently active with @anmatig, Meta Pool ambassador in Colombia to promote the proposals of his region
  • We actively collaborate with Meta Pool through @Butneversaved
  • In turn, the open web acadmey, the main community that I represent, is developing Nomination, the validation nomination system that is about to launch the NDC, led by my colleagues @cloudmex-alan and @grex

Where is your house?

Guadalajara Mexico :house::taco: :mexico:

What communities do you represent?

Continent: North America

Why are you a good candidate? Why should people vote for you?

Currently and for 1 years I have been dedicated full time to the promotion of NEAR technology and the growth of communities that use this same technology in the Spanish language.
Together with my team, we have the necessary connections to expand the use of NEAR in Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela.

Explain your strategy for developing regional communities.

• Establish common objectives and balanced work plans
  • Offer virtual and face-to-face spaces for learning the NEAR Protocol, with a focus on people without experience in Crypto
  • Provide advice, mentoring and incentives for the development of new projects and dapps.
  • Offer a massive communication channel for the promotion of new ideas and a launch of projects by and for the community
  • Consolidate decentralized autonomous organizations around the projects.

Please let us know of any expectations regarding your time commitment and compensation.

My time commitment and compensation can be flexibly aligned to the needs of the NDC. This without exceeding 40 hours per week.

Please disclose any potential conflicts of interest and feel free to be creative.

Currently I do not have any conflict to carry out my proposals, I consider collaboration really important, so I am open to working and building together with any interested party who shares a vision.

21 Likes

My full support for @irvingcong application!

A long experience working with the community from Latino America.

4 Likes

Hey Iving… Good to see your post mate…

Very solid one.

Wish you the best of luck…

Kindly post in the Tg

2 Likes

Someone with a lot of experience driving the growth and adoption of Web 3 in Latin America :ok_hand:.
All the support and best of luck :heart:

2 Likes

The experience speaks by own :man_office_worker:, i think you could do a great job !, Hope you can get this application to continue doing great things around Latam! :earth_americas:

2 Likes

I can’t think of anyone better to make this possible​:ok_hand:. All my support with you, let’s keep working to make this community bigger.:muscle:

4 Likes

Your abilities, experience, and personality are perfect for being a council member and helping to grow the Web 3.0 Latin America ecosystem.
I offer you all my support and wish you good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you all. :mechanical_arm::mechanical_arm:
Due to the location of Mexico, this proposal was modified for North America, but our work for Latam continues for all of Latam and all the enthusiasts in the world

4 Likes

More than a year working with @irvingcong, I think he has all the experience to do the best in our region, hopefully you’ll see all the good things he can implement, also this is great for all the Hispanic Community, I’d great to see that!

2 Likes

Hi Irving, all my support and appreciation for the hard work you have done to date for the Latin American community. :fire: :muscle:

4 Likes

Congrats for all the spaces, your trajectory and your application @irvingcong !

3 Likes

Thanks, @Cristian. I cannot forget that you and @luzmargaritas supported me to take my first steps in NEAR :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

I have had the opportunity to work with him and he has always shown responsibility and commitment in what he proposes.
I think he will play a great role representing the community

3 Likes

I agree with you always acting proactively in the community

2 Likes

That’s right, I think he will play a great role

2 Likes

We are actually having a roll-out strategy for NEAR adoption in Mexico and this would match and help, as only if we work together we can reach adoption and compete with the other “Rustchains” rapidly gaining territory in Mexico.

We have a program to grow adoption starting with the Mexican Web3 community, Web2 and Web2.5 communities to make adoption on the Streel level, We have Several collaborations on the pipeline with remarkable and world known Artists and Brands, Universities, Enterprises and Institutions.

We recently did a call with @irvingcong, who offered us support for our #BOS Workshops to give an introduction to our network of Developers. We are about to publish the event, mentioning the support from @openwebacademy

Also as it seems NEAR Mexico is completely idle from 16 months, we proposed The @MexicoHub.near

Which is a Cluster for everyone to join and contribute to grow the NEAR Protocol all around Mexico. Everyone is welcome to collaborate in this initiative. Please DM for Collabs, Synergies and agreements.

Below the Mexico NEAR Hub Twitter account

https://twitter.com/nearmexicohub

4 Likes

Yes please let’s all connect and work togehter on this.

4 Likes

Irving is amazing!

Consistently blown away by his professionalism and ability to execute! Mexico ecosystem is thriving thanks to his contributions to that team.

I believe Irving could draw on his extensive experience to make RC DAO a great success and help other regions grow

5 Likes

My support to @irvingcong !!! He is the ideal candidate due to his commitment, qualifications, and experience with the adoption of Web 3 in LATAM :heart:

1 Like

We have a robust database of developers we want to onboard to BOS and NEAR.

We have been working with #Bancambios to host side-events.

We look forward to activate a #BuidlersClub within the Software Developers Community in Mexico, as we have been doing around the world.

3 Likes