- Link to last approved proposal (June/July 2023)
- Link to last proposal, closed (September 2023)
- Link to report for last approved proposal
- Wuipod is available on Youtube and all major podcasting platforms
- 6 episodes x US$1,000ea = Total $6,000
This proposal includes four episodes for previous months that have already been released and the standard four episodes - one per week - corresponding to the month of October. The current pricing is a reflection of the last funding proposal for September being closed. Expected future proposals, at the standard 4 episodes per month, are expected to be ~$4,000.
It has been very challenging to keep up operations after September proposal closed. We are spending considerably more money to attend ecosystem events such as NEAR APAC and NEARCON (booked in advance) than what we are asking for the actual content we produce.
Below is our breakdown on how the pod is addressing the most recent KPIs published by MDAO in September.
Acknowledging that MDAO has released updated KPIs and areas of focus for the month of September, I encourage everyone to go read our last report where we share how each pod for that period has been contributing to these goals. For this proposal, in general:
- Wuipod is fighting tooth and nail to reclaim and establish NEAR as the Builder’s Blockchain. By having long form conversations with top tier developers and builders where we get to go deep, we are unlocking a ton of insights and lessons that are valuable to builders at any stage. Fostering a sense of community and belonging - this is where ambitious people go to feel at home.
We are leading in spreading the KEY narratives to the wider community:
Increasing numbers of active Users and Transactions (On-chain onboarding, On-chain engagement, On-chain participation in ecosystem dApps)
Wuipod has been a pioneering on several fronts.
- Two Shard Dog Links: Wuipod & Proof of Spice have close to 1000 claims and are enabling us to engage audience and easily onboard new people (free wallet creation, custom onboarding flow that redirects to Youtube or prompts user to share on Twitter, etc.
- Additionally, my personal shard.dog/avb has also been 'time-stamping who is building on NEAR for the month of X’ since March 2023. A unique collection of NFTs to show off builder prowess and loyalty during the bear. Net promoter of Shard Dog in ways that have inspired many others to also adopt the tech.
- Both Wuipod and AVB are among the most active accounts in NEAR Social. Both have been setup with Wormhole so that all twitter posts with the hashtag #BOS automatically posts on NEAR social, providing a constant stream on unique content that often includes images, etc.
- Wuipod is a proud community partner of BOS HACKS - hackathon aimed at training and increasing number of BOS Components.
- We have also been invited to be a partner on an Account Abstraction hackathon that is in the works. This is all extra time we are dedicating to the ecosystem without any remuneration attached to it.
Increasing the number of people educated about NDC governance, BOS and active projects in the ecosystem
Wuipod has been providing a valuable platform for candidates to elevate their profile, share their vision and goals.
- We’ve been actively promoting these NDC candidates and podcasts
- We have scheduled two more candidates as guests and will be fast-tracking the recording and release time to be within the Election Period.
- Proactively invited Marieke to join the conversation
- Introduced the Follow Up Series, a product focused twitter space where we host previous podcast guests to talk specifically about their new accomplishment (i.e Mintbase Wallet Release: actionable insights for builders).
- Held impromptu, timely spaces for community to be able to meet and discuss the most pressing issues surrounding the elections and NDC. A town hall to increase awareness, participation and enhance trust.
This proposal includes the following:
- Cameron Dennis, Banyan Collective - Recorded, Scheduled Release Sunday 8/10
- Ken Jon - NEAR Horizon (Recording scheduled 6/10)
Plus two more - currently in talks with Meteor Wallet, Nearweek and a couple others to arrange scheduling (which can be quite time consuming and confirming a guest can often take weeks + many reschedules).
- Alpha announcement of Open Sourcing of Minsta
- Insights into the Pagoda Open Source library that made Mintbase Wallet possible (ahead Pagoda’s own release of FastAuth SDK!)
- Brainstorming ideas that have evolved into brilliant minds getting together and working towards an Account Abstraction Hackathon (DM for alpha)
- Alpha into an upcoming Tekuno wallet?
- Aim to break down walls between communities, provide more visibility to NEAR Balkans initiative
- Insights into the business requirements of large corporate deals and the ways in which Tekuno is leveraging Calimero
- 12 hours before elections ended, we jumped in hot to follow the lead of possible shenanigans on-chain regarding elections
- Systematically shared all the resources available to analyse and directed people to whistleblower program (2x submissions after the space)
- Had an opportunity to provide the floor to many community members to express a variety of things
- Created a strong, resilient sense of excitement around elections
- Followed up by an official ‘Viewing Party’ from NDC, of which I was also a speaker
- Dissected the ‘rough draft’ of Q4 Budget for NDC produced by Blaze and Kaz (currently for viewing of candidates only)
- Casted a light on many dubious line items
- Were able to get a community pulse on where the priorities should be around spending
- Strengthening the community by making them feel heard, and providing hope - we have an opportunity to get rid of all the excesses and wastefulness of GWG.
Let me know if you have any questions. I am grateful for the support provided til now and looking forward to creating great content and doing everything I can to grow the ecosystem.
We are requesting a budget of $1,000 per podcast, reflecting a slight increase from our previous proposal to accommodate enhanced production quality and content optimization. The breakdown of the budget per podcast is as follows:
- Sourcing and Scheduling Guests: Active management of guest acquisition and scheduling to ensure high-quality interviews and diverse perspectives.
- Researching Guests and Topic, Notes + Agenda: Up to 2 hours dedicated to conducting in-depth research on guests and their projects, preparing detailed notes and agendas for engaging conversations.
- Recording Podcast: Up to 2 hours for recording each podcast episode, allowing ample time for in-depth discussions and capturing valuable insights.
- Editing Podcast: Approximately 4 to 6 hours dedicated to post-production editing, ensuring seamless audio quality, removing any unnecessary segments, and enhancing the overall listening experience.
- Distribution: direct messaging relevant parties for amplification, maximizing the reach and visibility of each podcast episode.
- Promotion (Clips): We have engaged freelancers to create engaging clips from the podcast episodes. This includes both promoting the current episodes as well as covering the backlog of previous episodes that have already been funded.
6 podcasts x US$1000ea = $6,000
Let me know if you have any questions. I am grateful for all the support provided to date and I am looking forward to creating more great content and doing anything I can to support the ecosystem.
I can also be reached on telegram (@guatopori) or by Twitter DMs.
Proposal Updated 25/10 - reduced scope to 6 podcasts and removed twitter spaces bringing down total to $6,000.