- Link to previous proposal (June/July 2023)
- Link to Report for previous proposal
- Wuipod is available on Youtube and on all major podcasting platforms.
- Current proposal: 6 episodes x US$1,000ea = total US$6,000
Wuipod just reached a new milestone: two year anniversary since it was launched under the Silicon Craftsmen Guild back in 2021. Since then, there’s been many lessons and the podcast has evolved and grown in different ways. Thrilled to be able to continue doing what I love and to be able to co-create value for the ecosystem in such unique ways.
Acknowledging that MDAO has released updated KPIs and areas of focus for the month of September, I encourage everyone to go read our last report where we share how each pod for that period has been contributing to these goals. For this proposal, in general:
- Wuipod is fighting tooth and nail to reclaim and establish NEAR as the Builder’s Blockchain. By having long form conversations with top tier developers and builders where we get to go deep, we are unlocking a ton of insights and lessons that are valuable to builders at any stage. Fostering a sense of community and belonging - this is where ambitious people go to feel at home.
Increasing numbers of active Users and Transactions (On-chain onboarding, On-chain engagement, On-chain participation in ecosystem dApps)
Wuipod has been a pioneering on several fronts.
- Two Shard Dog Links: Wuipod & Proof of Spice have close to 1000 claims and are enabling us to engage audience and easily onboard new people (free wallet creation, custom onboarding flow that redirects to Youtube or prompts user to share on Twitter, etc.
- Additionally, my personal shard.dog/avb has also been 'time-stamping who is building on NEAR for the month of X’ since March 2023. A unique collection of NFTs to show off builder prowess and loyalty during the bear. Net promoter of Shard Dog in ways that have inspired many others to also adopt the tech.
- Both Wuipod and AVB are among the most active accounts in NEAR Social. Both have been setup with Wormhole so that all twitter posts with the hashtag #BOS automatically posts on NEAR social, providing a constant stream on unique content that often includes images, etc.
- Wuipod is a proud community partner of BOS HACKS - hackathon aimed at training and increasing number of BOS Components.
Increasing the number of people educated about NDC governance, BOS and active projects in the ecosystem
Wuipod has been providing a valuable platform for candidates to elevate their profile, share their vision and goals.
- We’ve been actively promoting these NDC candidates and podcasts
- We have scheduled two more candidates as guests and will be fast-tracking the recording and release time to be within the Election Period.
- Proactively invited Marieke to join the conversation
We are requesting a budget of $1,000 per podcast, reflecting a slight increase from our previous proposal to accommodate enhanced production quality and content optimization. The breakdown of the budget per podcast is as follows:
- Sourcing and Scheduling Guests: Active management of guest acquisition and scheduling to ensure high-quality interviews and diverse perspectives.
- Researching Guests and Topic, Notes + Agenda: Up to 2 hours dedicated to conducting in-depth research on guests and their projects, preparing detailed notes and agendas for engaging conversations.
- Recording Podcast: Up to 2 hours for recording each podcast episode, allowing ample time for in-depth discussions and capturing valuable insights.
- Editing Podcast: Approximately 4 to 6 hours dedicated to post-production editing, ensuring seamless audio quality, removing any unnecessary segments, and enhancing the overall listening experience.
- Distribution: direct messaging relevant parties for amplification, maximizing the reach and visibility of each podcast episode.
- Promotion (Clips): We have engaged freelancers to create engaging clips from the podcast episodes. This includes both promoting the current episodes as well as covering the backlog of previous episodes that have already been funded.
It is also worth mentioning that we are recording several of these podcasts in person while attending Coinfest in Bali, visiting Paras HQ in Jakarta, and attending NEAR APAC in Vietnam. All of these travel expenses are incurred by me personally.
6 podcasts x US$1000ea = Total Requested US$6,000
The proposed eight podcasts include:
- Ep. 51 - Web3 isn’t a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free Card for Making a Sh*t Game w. Hugo & Jon, @ PlayEmber (Released 29/08/23)
- Showcasing project building on NEAR.
- Masterclass in Product, making data-driven decisions, mobile gaming as an industry.
- PlayEmber is the third largest project by daily txs, web2 to web3 onboarding Case Study
- Ep. 52 - Life Happens When People are Bored Together w. Mike Purvis (Estimated Release 06/09)
- Early NEAR Core, current Cosmos contributor.
- Incredible technical insights on everything from building products to communities.
- He’s been one of the most cited people in former podcasts, as a mentor to many builders on NEAR, etc.
- Ep. 53 - Riqi, Paras/Arkana/Akoma (Recorded 04/09)
- Showcasing Paras news projects - Arkana (100k users!) and Akoma (advocating to have them deployed on NEAR)
- Ep. 54 - Kendall, Proximity (Scheduled recording - 06/09)
- Podcast requested and scheduled after reading his Ignas Defi interview. Among other things, we will be covering Data Storage on NEAR from EVMs and Cosmos chains (MEGA HOT. NEXT BIG THING AFTER BOS).
- Ep 55 - Cameron Dennis, Banyan Collecting (Scheduled recording - 07/09)
- Excited to cover all things BOS
- Cameron is running for NDC, will be releasing this podcast as part of his candidacy.
Additionally we are also planning to record in person with David Weinstein and the Meteor Wallet Team in NEAR APAC (plus anyone else we get the chance to catch!).
We’ve also received in-bound request from Aurora and NEAR Horizon that we will try to accommodate as soon as possible.
Many thanks for all the support to date. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Also always looking for guest recommendations.