DAOrecords - FUNDING PROPOSAL FOR April/May - 2023
- DAO introduction
DAOrecords has been active in the NEAR ecosystem since 2021 and is focused on creating tools for musicians to mint music NFTs. You can find our DAO on Astro here and our DAO Introduction here.
- Why team is best for the funds
Over the years we have had a variety of team members participate in different aspects of DAOrecords. Currently our core team consists of @vandal (Founder), @ottpeter (Developer), @cryptovaibhav (Developer) with @masiaone (Creative) playing a supplementary role.
- Achievement information about the DAO
Twitter - 8,439
Instagram - 1,404
YouTube - 263
Twitch - 99
Discord - 349
Near Social - 35
Telegram Main - 96
Telegram Broadcast - 175
AstroDAO - 10
In 2022 DAOrecords has tested out a variety of engagements, from Metaverse events with SoundSplash and MetaJAX to our involvement in IRL events like NEARcon 2022, Music Matters and M1nted conferences, while we build out our core product. Here’s one of our recent event collaborations in Malaysia.
We’re in the process of updating our informative website - https://www.daorecords.org/ and recently released the beta version of our storefront - https://www.daorecords.io.
Since we launched our Alpha in May of 2022 with SoundSplash we have released a number of iterations of our custom “drop pages” as you can see with our latest release with MetaJAX.
We are still in our Private Beta phase as we continue work on our Console (backend Dashboard) and our StoreFront. Up to this point, through our FonoRoot Music NFT minting system, we have released over 70 songs.
Proposals Created - 153 // Council - 3 // 763 NFTs minted on Mintbase // Over 20 Metaverse events done in 2022
DAOrecords has been at the forefront of putting NEAR on the map when it comes to Music and Music NFTs. Our presence has been felt at NEARcon in 2021 and 2022 and we continue to represent under the NEAR protocol banner while we are in build mode.
Currently, to complement our development phase, we have decided to do more on-ground activities in order to create awareness about Web3, specifically focused on Music and what DAOrecords has to offer, as well as focus on Onboarding to make it easier for Artists to convert their fans to Web3.
Through this proposal we want to engage artists who have already released music on DAOrecords and provide a tool for them to use to onboard their fans.
- General DAOrecords Roadmap
By the end of Q2 2023 we aim to complete our Console (Dashboard) and focus on Onboarding the labels and artists we have been communicating with. Targeting the South East Asia and African markets along with US and Europe. We have some key partnerships ready to be announced once we’ve completed the Console.
- DAO’s Milestones for proposal
Description: Mission: Onboarding [Phase One]
To build a simple onboarding tool to equip and empower our current base of 20+ Artists with the aim to increase their Music NFT sales and onboard more of their supporters to join them on their Web3 Music journey.
This tool will be available to all future DAOrecords artists.
Help solve some of the problems with onboarding to NEAR
Increased use of NEAR technology
Activities & Timelines:
- Create Bounty to build V1 of the DAOrecords “Onboarding” Dapp using Keypom (Week 1)
- Post Bounty and promote it (Week 2)
- Select Bounty winner (Week 3)
- Hold “build sessions” with Bounty winner (Week 3 & 4)
- Create visual elements for Dapp (Week 1)
- Deploy Testnet and run tests and debugging (Week 2 & 3)
- Deploy on Mainnet (Week 4)
- Incentivize Artists to use Dapp through (Week 4 onward)
- Marketing support for Dapp & Artists using Dapp (Week 4 onward)
- Build Bounty for developer - $2,250
- DAOrecords Website integration - $250 (optr.near)
- Project Management - $750 (vandal.near)
- Creation of visual elements - $250 (vandal.near)
- Creation of User Guide & FAQ - $150 (vandal.near)
- Artist Engagement for use of Dapp - $250 (masiaone.near)
- Artist usage bounties - $500
- Marketing campaign - $500 (A4A & Pr3sense)
- Server/Storage - $100
Target Wallet: daorecords.sputnik-dao.near
- What is the goal of the DAO’s objective?
The overall goal is to create an easy way for DAOrecords artists to onboard their fans and generate more Music NFT sales. At the same time we want to engage the artists to use more “tech” created on NEAR and assist them in the process.
More specific to this proposal, the goal is to create the first version of a tool that DAOrecords can offer current and future Artists and then move forward introduce new functions and integrations over the coming months.
- Number of Artists to use the Dapp
- Number of NFTs sold as a result
- Feedback and engagement from the Artists using the Dapp
- Roadmap to reach the goal
Onboarding Dapp V1
- Over April & May 2023 we plan to build V1 of our Onboarding Dapp.
- Explore additional NEAR ecosystem integrations through partnerships.
Onboarding Dapp V2
- In June 2023 we aim to implement an update to our Onboarding Dapp by introducing Near Social integration with another bounty to build a Widget and encourage more people to use Near Social.
- Introduce a referral system so that fans and supporters can be rewarded for helping Artists in onboarding and generating new sales.
- In Q3 we plan to develop another tool for artists to use IRL at events that will enable them to sell their NFTs through our “Phygital Cards”.
- Testing these cards at IRL events.
- How is the longer term goal divided into milestones making the DAO reach there?
The objective is always onboarding, whether its new artists or fans/supporters, regardless of the support via Grants. Of course, with support we will be able to move forward according to the plan and continue to collaborate and integrate various Near ecosystem projects into what we are building.
Just to reiterate, we want to build a complete set of tools for Artists and Labels, which includes tools to generate more sales and engage collectors.
- What will the community or the team members’ role be?
Team members will be engaged in the whole process of the creation of V1 of the onboarding Dapp, then once finished we will engage the artists and help them to use it.
Total request number: $5,000 (USDc)
DAO on-chain address (target wallet): daorecords.sputnik-dao.near