Bogota Hack Node

We are really excited to have the opportunity to host a Hack Node in Bogota, the capital city of Colombia, one of the leading countries in cryptocurrency adoption in Latin America. There´s a lot of great talent over here and we would love to attract some of that talent to be able to contribute to the growth of the NEAR ecosystem and start creating a community around it in Colombia.

For the event we will have the collaboration of a high caliber dev. He is CTO at a fintech startup from Mexico (this startup was one of the chosen by Ycombinator for the 2020 batch - w20) currently with 300K + users and growing exponentially. He is going to be a speaker at the event. We will decide the topic of the talk once we know what the recorded talks NEAR will send us are about. He can give a talk about his experience building startups in Latin America, DeFi or about Rust if needed.

We will host the event on Saturday August 28 from 10am to 2pm at Radisson Bogotá Metrotel. Budget for food, drinks and equipment is already included in the budget of the Venue. This will be $1000 for up to 50 people *Payment required in advance.

We would love to give a small souvenir to every participant (a small notebook and a pen with NEAR´s logo) and also have a couple of banners for the event. The budget for this is $140 (quotation for 40 participants)

Operations stipend $1,500. A couple of collaborators and me will work on the promotion and logistics of the event.

Organizers: $2,000 ($1,000 for each organizer). We are two organizers for the event: the developer that is also going to be a speaker and me.

Total expenses for the Bogota Hack Node: $ 4,640

Looking forward to making the NEAR community grow in Latin America and contributing to the hackathons coming later this year as well.

3 Likes

Hi @Grace , according to the instructions, here is the post to request the first payment for the Bogota Hack Node.

DAO already set up: SputnikDAO

Please let me know if you require any other information.

2 Likes

Hi there :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you so much for answering the call to lead a Hack Node! Your proposal is great, and I’m excited to support you in building the NEAR community in Bogota.

To cover any expenses up front, you are welcome to submit a payout proposal to the Community Squad DAO. Just be sure to make the target your DAO address (bogotahacknode.sputnikdao.near), and include a link to this forum thread in your proposal.

How To Submit a Proposal

Coordinate with the Hackathon Guild

Led by @theChosenOne and @pransh:

2 Likes

Hi @jlwaugh ! Thanks a lot for the guidance and support! I´ll submit the payout proposal right now.

1 Like

@Grace @jlwaugh
Payout proposal for first payment submited. Here is the link: SputnikDAO

1 Like

Hey @andresdavinf,
Your proposal looks good. Can you please schedule a call with us(Hackathon Guild) so we can understand how we can help you host a great event: Calendly - Pratik Parmar

Hi @Grace ! I hope you are doing great! According to your instructions here is the recap:

Appoved Budget for Bogotá Hack Node: $4,640

Already received 560N corresponding to $2,493 as follows:

Screenshot of total $NEAR received on August 18 (560N):

240N sent on the same date (2021-08-18) to the other organizer and speaker at the event (corresponding to the $1,000 for each of the organizers as stated in the forum post of the Hack nodes)

260N sold the same day (2021-08-18) plus 65N sold on august 23 for a total of 325N sold. (approx.$1,493) .

We have then 325N sold + 240N sent to the other organizer = 565N spent ($2,493)

So $4,640 - $2,493 = $2,147

Balance: $2,147

I´ll be waiting for your approval to then proceed to create the proposal in the ecosystem development DAO.

Thank you once again @Grace !