RMT: April 16 - May 4th, 2022 BI-Weekly Reddit Mods Team report - 10K+ members

April 16 - May 4th, 2022 BI-Weekly Reddit Mods Team report - 10K members

Hi everyone, we are extremely happy that we managed to reach 10.000 members on our Sub-reddit, it’s a very important number for us since we are getting closer to our current Q2 Goal which is 15K.

Congratulations!

We’ve also announced it on the sub and got a lot of traction!

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/nearprotocol/comments/udvh8c/weve_just_reached_10k_members_thank_you_open_ama/

Number wise, we grew by around 852 members in the past 2 weeks, which is an increase of 9%.

Talking about numbers, last year around this time we had 729 members, and now we are sitting at 10,233! A HUGE INCREASE OF 1303%.

cat wow GIF

On the last report, we mentioned that we were hosting the first AMA (hosted by reddit mods team) with Clarian North, co-founder of Tamago music.

The event went very well more than 80 questions and a lot of interest was shown by our community, more AMAs to come very soon.

LINK: https://www.reddit.com/r/nearprotocol/comments/u4d4lg/near_rmt_presents_ama_01_hosted_by_clarian/

New ongoing updates:

• Reddit rebranding and WIKI Creation
  • Live Chat implementation
  • New events.
  • AMA w/ @FritzWorm

main tasks which were covered:

• Interact with various posts that members liked and engaged with.
  • Daily Managed the Moderation Queue & Mod Email
  • Lead reddit mods & tracked their performance
  • Managed the SUPPORT THREAD WITH FAQ & provided support
  • Removed cross posting feature since it made the Subreddit way to spammy and full of non-valuable content (online internal projects are whitelisted to crosspost)
  • Took actions against people that did not follow recent rules changes.
  • Scheduled weekly calls with the reddit mods team & discussed on future goals and various KPI(s)/performance.
  • Creating contents like news, articles or discussion for members to interact with.
  • Managed AMAs.

Top posts/threads for the past 2 weeks:

1. https://www.reddit.com/r/nearprotocol/comments/uaswtx/where_to_buy_near/
  2. https://www.reddit.com/r/nearprotocol/comments/udvh8c/weve_just_reached_10k_members_thank_you_open_ama/
  3. https://www.reddit.com/r/nearprotocol/comments/uhn73n/behold_the_usn_wars/

@bailey12

Overall Summary:

• Working hours: 12 hours per day, 7 days per week.
  • User supports: 3 case per day on Reddit, 3-4 case per day on Telegram
  • Complete Channels-ops tasks

Daily Task

• Moderate Reddit
  • Support Users with problems
  • Contents/Article creation to engage with community
  • Managing activities on Reddit such as Contests, AMAs
  • Help others Mods on different platforms such as Telegram, Discord….
  • Finding/Organizing more engagement activities to getting news users/traffics to the Reddit Platform
  • Working with other partners.
  • Running channels-ops tasks
  • Shillin/promoting NEAR on other subReddits and Forums

Highlight

• Managing well activities/contest on Reddit for #MemeMonday, #WedNEARsday, #NFTFriday with 30 entries in total and along with the AMAs event bring in total of ~600 members to the Reddit growth
  • Moderate and Banned all Rule-violate Users

Goal for Quarter 2, 2022:

Achieved 15k members on NEAR subReddit

Organizing more event and activities

Strengthen up internal communication and organize as a whole

@mukuls9971

Regular Tasks:-

• Daily interaction & encouraging users for posting good content.
  • Regularly checking moderation Queue & Mod Email
  • Managing Gen-ops tasks.

Highlights:-

• Contesting SatNEAR poll/topic day every Saturday.

• Successfully accomplished first-ever AMA on Reddit.

• Daily posting content/articles for better engagement with the community under the name JOIN NEAR TODAY!

Goals Achieved:-

We are now a family of 10k plus members on Reddit.

@jiten123321

Overview:

• After the new schedule, I’m working on Reddit 4days per week which is around 32hrs.
  • Created and approve 3-4 posts per day.
  • Helping 4-5 people with their queries on Reddit.
  • Answers community questions.
  • Upvotes community content and posts.
  • Moderate each post and their comments every day.

Highlights

@simeon4real

Summary:

• Total working hours: 10 hours weekly

• User support (3-4) per week on Reddit

Tasks:

• Provide clarity whenever possible while supporting users.
  • Moderate the subreddit - approve posts and comments keeping the subreddit clean from spam contents.
  • Administrative tasks include checking the mod mail and mod queue whenever there are any entries.
  • Share NEAR-related content to the community (Including the monthly explorer, data platform, and developer tooling.

Goals for the remainder of Q2 :

Since reaching our goal of 10K members in the NEAR subReddit, my goals for the remainder of Q2 have been slightly updated.

• I would still play an active role in our subReddit goal: achieving 15K community members and beyond.
  • Become more actively involved with the subreddit plus spend more time on the subreddit even in my free time.
  • Active participation in organizing/managing more events and activities to bolster overall subreddit growth whenever possible.
  • Work on sharing/discussing some community/technical content of NEAR.

@Jloc

During the past two weeks, I reviewed the post on Reddit from my shift and interacted with many people onboarding and providing support. Unfortunately, I had some problems with the platform that wouldn’t let me connect at some points, but it is solved now, so let’s jump into the highlights.

CONTENT CREATION

Reddit Wiki page (in progress) for Guilds/communities establishment and guidelines. Also adding information about ecosystem verticals and funding proposals process.

On-Chain Community Ops presentation. Spreading the word about new workflow, reach, and contact points to provide guidance and support.

Concierge team outreach spreadsheet, I collected a DB of projects, influencers, and channels the concierge team can use to promote activities on every channel and expand our reach to other chains and communities.

AMA’s

Scheduled AMA with NEAR P2P, a project already on the main net that has received two grants and, most recently, funding from a VC. They need support building community.

Scheduled AMA with NEAR Venezuela to discuss community management and multitasking communities as service providers.

Scheduled AMA with an upcoming Launchpad based on NFT promotions (Free Horses)

Pending confirmation on an AMA for another NFT charity project called Fayyr. I already made an AMA with them on Discord, and now we are moving to Reddit.

SIDE QUESTS

Following up on Legal Guild content distribution on Reddit.

I am working on a collaboration with Atocha for a game-related post on Reddit.

Proposing to schedule a weekly community guide contest on Reddit to promote building the support database on the platform.

As already mentioned, the following are the highest priority goals we currently have for this quarter.

• Reach min. 15.000 members

• Implement new bots and moderation rules. (some bots have been already as per today, such as “spam obfuscation filter” “spam filter” to reduce recent spam attacks)

• More engaging contests and airdrops

• At least 1 AMA per month

• Live Chat Thread

• A Revamp of the whole look of the Subreddit, starting with description and various links

• Creation of NEAR REDDIT WIKI.

A Special Thanks to our reddit mod team and our family, the @ConciergeTeam .

Stan :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The report is showing that the growth is pretty consistent and climbing up​:chart_with_upwards_trend:
:clap:t2:Congratulation to @RedditTeam :heart:

1 Like

WOOT! Congratulations everyone on achieving yet another feat. 10K used to be a level we hoped to achieve for several months and we had to put in some work to ensure that the goal was accomplished - A huge shoutout to @stanisnear, @bailey12 and the entire Reddit-ops team. So proud of all the work we do in @ConciergeTeam :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

cc @marketingdao-council @MktngDAO_Advisors

Thanks for the thorough and detailed report!

1 Like

Great work @stanisnear :+1:

Awesome achievement @stanisnear! :clap: :white_heart: I know how hard it is to build a Reddit channel, that only works with good campaigns, educating the community, and hard work. Keep it up! :muscle:

I appreciate the feedback buddy, thank you :slight_smile: