April 01-16 2022 BI-Weekly Reddit Mods Team report - Q2 Start
Hi everyone, Q2 officially has started, We set up a new workflow and goals that are already being followed by the Reddit Mods team.
We’ve officially launched our first AMA #01 with @clarian from Tamago Music, and we are expecting to host many more with various members within the ecosystem, we are planning to host at least 2 per month!
Also, a little spoiler, we might be working on a partnership with other subreddits ….
This will be the official template for our AMA series
- Interact with various posts that members liked and engaged with.
- Daily Managed the Moderation Queue & Mod Email
- Lead reddit mods & tracked their performance
- Managed the SUPPORT THREAD WITH FAQ & provided support
- Removed cross posting feature since it made the Subreddit way to spammy and full of non-valuable content (online internal projects are whitelisted to crosspost)
- Took actions against people that did not follow recent rules changes.
- Scheduled weekly calls with the reddit mods team & discussed on future goals and various KPI(s)/performance.
- Creating contents like news, articles or discussion for members to interact with.
As per the growth for the last 2 weeks, we had 595 new members, an average of 40 new members per day, an overall increase of 6.8%!
Here is the stats for as following pageviews
As per today we are sitting at around 48k views in 16 days with an average of 3k views per day, with these results we are expecting around 90k page views by the end of this month.
Top posts/threads for the past 2 weeks:
- Working hours: 10-15 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- User supports: 1-2 case per day on Reddit, 3-4 case per day on Telegram
- Complete Channels-ops tasks
- Moderate Reddit
- Support Users with problems
- Contents/Article creation to engage with community
- Managing activities on Reddit such as Contests, AMAs
- Help others Mods on different platforms such as Telegram, Discord….
- Finding/Organizing more engagement activities to getting news users/traffics to the Reddit Platform
- Working with other partners.
- Running channels-ops tasks
- Shillin/promoting NEAR on other subReddits and Forums
- Managing well activities/contest on Reddit for #MemeMonday, #WedNEARsday, #NFTFriday with 30 entries in total and along with the AMAs event bring in total of ~600 members to the Reddit growth
- Moderate and Banned all Rule-violate Users
Goal for Quarter 2, 2022:
Achieved 15k members on NEAR subReddit
Organizing more event and activities
Strengthen up internal communication and organize as a whole
- Contents/Article creation to engage with members closely.
- Solving users queries for smooth usage of NEAR various tools.
- Managing Gen-ops tasks.
- Working with other mods
- Encouraging & appreciating members for posting good content on Reddit.
- Helping members by sending 0.1 NEAR for creating wallets whosoever required.
- Running successfully Sat poll/topic day on every Saturday from mid-march.
Content /Article Creation :-
Helping members on a regular basis.
Goals for Q2 2022 :-
- To become a family of 15k NEAR members on Reddit.
- To give a start to #Share your story event with some exciting rewards to members.
- As part of my schedule, I’m working 15hr per week for moderating Reddit
- Posting 2-4 posts per day on Reddit.
- Helping users’ with their posts queries.
- Checking the Mod queue every day and approving relevant posts.
- Remove/report/delete irrelevant/spammy posts.
- Upvote posts to community people to motivate them.
- Sharing fresh news from NEARverse.
Bi-Weekly reports (April 1st - April 15th)
- Provide support for users.
- Moderate the subreddit - approve posts and comments
- Administrative tasks including checking the modMail and modQueues whenever there are entries.
- Share NEAR-related content to the community.
Goals for the remainder of Q2 :
- Play an integral role in reaching our subReddit goal: reaching 15K community members and beyond.
- Become more actively involved with the subreddit plus spend more time on the subreddit.
- Active participation in organizing/managing more events and activities to bolster overall subreddit growth.
- Improve internal relationships and sync with other Reddit-ops team members.
As already mentioned, the following are the highest priority goals we currently have for this quarter.
Reach min. 15.000 members
Implement new bots and moderation rules. (some bots have been already as per today, such as “spam obfuscation filter” “spam filter” to reduce recent spam attacks)
More engaging contests and airdrops
At least 1 AMA per month
Live Chat Thread
A Revamp of the whole look of the Subreddit, starting with description and various links
Creation of NEAR REDDIT WIKI.
A Special Thanks to the Reddit mods team and our family, the @ConciergeTeam.