Guild Name: NEAR Malaysia
Guild Leader: Antonio (gonemultichain.near)
Guild SputnikDAO Address: soon™
Guild Location: Malaysia
Win the minds and hearts of all 32 million Malaysians, spreading the adoption of NEAR and blockchain technology in the country along the way.
2. Who is this Guild intended for (the kind of membership you’re looking to recruit / the intended audience you’re looking to reach with your activities)?
Any Malaysian is welcome to join the guild and be as active as s/he wishes. A more complete list of skill-sets sought will be published in the near future (pun intended).
Other non-Malaysians are welcomed to collaborate, advice, and support the project. We are aware of dozens of existing country-level guilds out there, and we will benchmark and look for synergies as much as possible.
Here is a brief socio-demographic study to understand why a Malaysian guild is imperative for NEAR:
Malaysia ranks #12 in terms of % of population aged 16-64 with cryptos.
As you can see in the graph above, other South East Asian (SEA) countries like Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, and Philippines rank very high too. All these regions have well-established guilds already:
The SEA region has history of weak currencies that steadily devalue themselves against the US Dollar, plus elevated levels of corruption. Add to that the fact that all these nations’ population pyramid are very young, and you have the perfect cocktail for mass crypto adoption.
Zooming in, the biggest age brackets (16 to 40 years old) are those best positioned for fast crypto adoption. They will be our main priority:
It is therefore imperative to position NEAR in the region!
3. What kind of value is your Guild planning on delivering / Why should someone participate?
For beginners / newcomers, we will be the nudge they need to get started in NEAR and in the blockchain. We will mainly rely on
- the great work done by NEAR University…
- social events
For experienced crypto enthusiasts (there is no shortage of crypto communities in Malaysia, we will be the empowering launchpad to foster innovation in the country. See screenshots below:
4. How can community members join your Guild?
4. About the Guild leader
I will present myself before giving more details on how I intend to carry this expansion.
In crypto, everybody can have an idea; what matters is the execution. I am doxxing myself here and now, to make very clear I am serious about this undertaking.
I am a 28-year-old industrial engineer with a double degree in engineering and economics, having worked in the aeronautical industry in France, USA, and now Malaysia.
I am member of different organizations: Toastmasters (Communication & Leadership training), Project Management Institute, MENSA Malaysia, Malaysian Business Angel Network (MBAN)…
This is my boomer profile / CV in Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/antoniomoralescordoba/
Moving to blockchain, I collaborate with several crypto projects in different fronts:
To affirm this love relationship with NEAR, this St Valentine’s day (a.k.a tomorrow !) I will be participating in two NEAR certifications :
I therefore believe I have the good blend of technical skills, communication, leadership, and connections (both on-chain and off-chain) to make this Malaysian guild succeed. Most importantly, I have the will and the motivation
5. Next steps & Guild Goal KPIs
Here is a rough roadmap, with what has been done yet and what is yet to be done:
• Onboard more people into the guild (designers, devs, community moderators…)
• Organically grow Twitter & TG groups
• Benchmark other guilds around the world (Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Venezuela, Hispano, Turkey…)
• Leverage on the existing Malaysian crypto-related groups in TG and FB, see screenshots below
• Get advisors (currently: @FritzWorm and @Mayur)
• Collaborate with Open Web Sandbox (OWS) together with @Sofia_Alum and team.
• Run a contest + poll to choose a logo for NEAR Malaysia
• Run a poll to change the name (NEAR Malaysia, NEAR2u, myNEAR… ? )
• Get a website
• Explore together with NearPacific the opportunity to launch a HUB for Malaysia
• Register our Guild in SputnikDAO
• Collaborate with @vandal @judeKIL @netunoblu in its LIVE event in March
• Collaboration / AMA / gathering with Octopus Network, whose founding team is Malaysian.
• Collaboration / AMA / gathering with ACCESS (Association of Blockchain in Malaysia).
• Launch a live event with the purpose of increasing the KPIs below:
Guild Goal KPIs
- Number of Malaysians registering a NEAR wallet.
- Number of Malaysians registering to a NEAR University course.
- Number of Malaysians participating in the ecosystem (as developers, entrepreneurs, etc).
Feel free to share any feedback with us!