[Introduction & General Report] Project Ops - Concierge Team

Hey pioNEARs,

I hope all of you have had a great start to 2022! Despite the difficulties with internal restructuring, January was a very successful month. We were able to help many projects with onboarding on the Near Blockchain and joining our Community.

Team Introduction

The Concierge team is about helping the community grow, so we have multiple teams like the following: Guild Ops, Project Ops, Gen Ops.

In our case, our team is on the Project Operations, so we are helping project leaders and teams share tips, insights, connecting with guilds or other projects, finding contributors or developers, basically, we are in daily communications with the projects on the ecosystem, the successful ones already listed on AwesomeNear and others that are on their first steps.

Our team from the Project Ops is composed of @LarryLang, @HaiVu, @FritzWorm, and myself.

Activities

We run weekly syncs called “What’sBrewing WedNEARsday”

Reach out to projects, guide them, and offer help with contributors, development, marketing, funding.

Update our spreadsheet with all the projects organized by categories following the AwesomeNear arrangement, where we have all kinds of links, contact info, notes of our meetings, and different tiers A, B, C, D.

Establish connection with grant team, guild to support projects:

• Biz on Near Dao (@chronear), Ecosystem team (@Marcus) for the grant application & verification
  • Open Web Sandbox (@FritzWorm, @Anatasia), Near Design Guild (@kcpesce), Near Insider (@near.insider)

In the end, we build meaningful relations with the projects in the Near ecosystem.

Goals

• Be recognized as a helpful team by the community, from helping several projects to achieve success

• Improve evaluation process for projects, possible with an on-chain solution similar to app.nearguilds.com

• Also, about our next steps, we are working on documentation for Projects, following the lead of Guild Ops.

• Better communication with the marketing team, and to clarify that I wanna give an example: One of our tasks is to help projects with marketing, which until recently included the Marketing Activation link that projects could use to get more exposure in the Near ecosystem. However, this was shut down without warning. We have been encouraging projects to use the link for the last few weeks to get more exposure, but projects will now be disappointed, but what I find even worse is that we told them to use the link even it got already shut down.

Achievements

DeFi

Project Category Help Detail Next Steps
Fusotao Octopus Dapp, Defi Help to listed the project on awesomenear.com Follow up KOL/Influencers/Airdrop campaign with Near Guilds, AMA with NearVietnam
Wannaswap Defi, Launchpad Help to conduct AMA with Near Discord/ Moderate Telegram, Discord Launchpad & support their IDO projects
Bluebit Defi, Yield Optimizers Recruit a designer from OWS for their marking Prepare MKT plan for coming to IDO
Nearmint Defi, Launchpad Help to conduct AMA, Connect with Near Vietnam Finalize pitch deck, follow up their marketing plan
Metapool DeFi Found and setup up a team for Designs and Illustrations Farming Parties/Ambassadors

Infrastructure

Octopus Dev tool Support design for Octopus, Marketing for their appchains Follow up to deliver results for app chains
Debio-Myriad-Reality Chain Octopus Dapp Help to listed 3 projects on awesomenear.com AMA Near global, NearVN, airdrop campaign, design support
Open Forest Protocol Infrastructure Building OFP VN community - making 4 medium articles, 10 tweets Conduct Feb plan
Datality Oracle Helped them get listed on AwesomeNear Community Awareness

NFT

Mintbase NFT Connect with Legal Guild, Helped find designer and video content creator Community Awareness
3XR NFT Helped with marketing, 1 Medium article, Tweets Community Awareness
Naksh NFT Helped with marketing, Helped them with Grants program Community Awareness
NPunks NFT Helped with marketing Community Awareness
NEAR Art NFT AwesomeNear Updating Profile
ITSMYNE NFT Technical Support Finding an Aurora Dev
Nativo NFT NFT Marketing Exposure Community Awareness
Fayyr NFT Partnerships Helping to find Charity organizations
Near Tiger Academy NFT Helped with marketing Community Awareness
Higgs-field NFT Technical Support Finding a Blockchain Dev
ManuFactory NFT Marketing Helping get listed on AwesomeNear
Picipo NFT Helping with Marketing Plan AMA after the launch (about the end of Feb), Write blog article 1-2 weeks after the AMA (about mid-March)
Illust Space NFT Helping with Marketing Plan AMA for end of March/beginning of April
MetaFighter NFT Helping with Marketing Getting them listed on AwesomeNear
Endemic NFT Helped find Designer for their Platform Plan AMA after the launch (beginning of April), Write blog article 1-2 weeks after the AMA (end of April)
Art Frontir NFT Helped them get listed on AwesomeNear, Helped them with Marketing, Get listed on AwesomeNear Helping with the launch of their Game in March, Community Awareness
DEIP Protocol NFT N/A Plan AMA after main net launch or at testnet, Send info about Office Hours, Search for Podcast/Media publisher in Near Ecosystem, Connect with Stars Guild, Send MA link, Find out about Whiteboard Crypto influencer
The Auction NFT N/A Find NFT projects/artists to launch on The Auction, plan pre-pre launch event with beta testers, Connect with artists via OWS, Send MA link, Plan AMA after launch in April
RenaissanceDAO NFT Introduced to Marketing Activation link, Introduced to Near Grants program Community Awareness
500 Seasons project NFT N/A Help them get listed on AwesomeNear, Help them find right contact on international Guilds for Marketing purpose
TORA NFT Introduced to Near Grants program, Helped to get listed on AwesomeNear Plan AMA in Q2, Find a blockchain game DEV, Community Awareness
Pumpopoly NFT Marketing Get listed on AwesomeNear
NAGMI NFT Introduced to Near Grants program, Helped to get listed on AwesomeNear Plan an AMA
Mintick NFT Marketplace Encouragement, connections within the community Building team
Billionaire Bulls NFT Found contributors for them from the OWS, Helped with Marketing Community Awareness
Venix NFT Found a development team from the NCD list Reach out to NFT projects to collaborate with
Raikumu NFT Found a development team from the Near University Grant Approval

Gaming

Cryptoheroes Gaming Helped with Marketing Strategy, Distributing 1 Medium article Community Awareness
Shroom Kingdom Gaming Helped with Marketing Plan AMA
MetaPlan Gaming Helped them apply for an AMA on Discord Write an article on Medium

We are certain this will be a NEAR year, just as we celebrate the beginning of it with full joy, and are looking forward to our growth this year.

Cheers :clinking_glasses:

14 Likes

wonderful work you’re doing out there @Project_Ops thank you guys @Kemal @LarryLang @FritzWorm @HaiVu

I have a request from you guys. Let’s push projects to make Community Airdrops especially the newly onboarding ones.
our Ecosystem should reward old community users more in this regard. this will also attract A LOT OF long term $Near holders from outside of the Ecosystem.

• this Airdrop Event shouldn’t be announced forehand ( if the project is looking to attract new followers they can run another campaign, we are willing to help you know @Project_Ops and @Channel_Ops.)
  • Near staking requirement must be required.
  • stats.gallery may be used to reward most active Ecosystem users too

some of old Ecosystem projects already did such airdrops but I think we should also request new projects to do such events too! I strongly believe that not only community but also the project will also benefit from such campaigns.

@Community-Squad @marketingdao-council @erik.near :up:

7 Likes

Solid work, Project Ops Team! Looking forward to connecting with you all and learning from your experiences!

8 Likes

@Kemal love to work with you buddy, you are a Machine! Great report :rocket:
For the record: AND u made one of the best spreadsheets in the whole world :star_struck: from the Community team @jlwaugh can be our witness :stuck_out_tongue:

@LarryLang @HaiVu partners you make me to love to spend time here, always good vibes, VERY GOOD ideas, pro-active, awesome work, really cant believe how lucky I am for being part of the Project Ops team.

Big hug U all, cheers :beers:, and

7 Likes

Hey buddy. Thanks for introducing me

4 Likes

Literally doing all the heavy lifting, huge props guys - keep it up!

6 Likes

That’s a great idea @KriptoRaptor! I was actually in talk with some projects about giving out some whitelist spots. I will take that into the next meeting with the team and I think we can work something out there.

How can you see if a member is old? Or do you have to manually check that in Combot? I know that Combot also has an XP feature that rewards active members. We could use that to filter those.

4 Likes

Thank you, buddy, and I also love to work with you and the rest of the team as well! @FritzWorm @LarryLang @HaiVu aised_hands:

4 Likes

Thank you for such a detailed report for Jan also the detailed spreadsheet you’ve made, I learned a lot from you @Kemal!
And thanks for shedding the light on our teamwork through @FritzWorm initiative!
Also the positive working vibe, always ready with a strong connection within Near ecosystems from @LarryLang!
It’s such a pleasure to work with you on this journey!

Also, @chronear, @near.insider, @kc_sollano, thank you for supporting us, and look forward to tighter cooperation in the future!

Besides, the Project Ops team wanna have a deeper collaboration with the Ecosystem success team, Marketing team, Human Guild to have a mutual understanding of your scope of work and better collaboration.
Can you help to tag the right person @FritzWorm ? :smiley:

@KriptoRaptor Personally I have 2 projects so far wanna do the airdrop, and we will have a meeting today with Project Ops to brainstorm the process.

8 Likes

ah. What I mean by ‘old community users’ is that the ones been involved with the Ecostem and have been staking Near for some time.

as for airdrops its easy: if you are announcing it forehand and putting a deadline letting everyone to join you simply are rewarding everyone (mostly airdrop hunters with a lot of bots) not community users.

it’s easy to identify ‘old users’ for developers. they can derive that data on chain.

1 Like

looking forward to it :+1: You guys are already doing awesome job. Achieved some goals in a short amount of time. I believe doing so (if possible running a weekly call) will help our Concierge initiative become more successful. @jcatnear

2 Likes

Hello Hello :hatching_chick:

As decided as a team. We will start sharing on this thread our weekly reports, beginning by this monthly report =), let’s go:

We are using app.connecteam.com to keep track on our activities:

• 189 hours of work from 10/02 to 10/03
  • 3 - 6 meetings per day
  • Support for 10-20 users per day
  • 9 hours / 5 days per week
  • Moderation and other community-related activities (Telegram & Discord)

Here is a table showing the main projects assisted the last month:

Projects:

Name Help Detail Next Steps
Pixeldapps Cryptoheroes: Sharing Ideas on how to grow their community with the help of OWS Community Growth
Meta Pool Guiding actions from the designers of the Marketing team Follow up Ambassadors Activities
Billionaire Bulls Helped them to build their Community and with NFT Club running a Twitter Spaces Building Connections
Bet Ranch Horses Helping them with their first steps building community Web Launch
Mintick Finding Dev Team Start development
NEAR P2P Meeting with Sasha from Learnnear for Testers Mainnet Launch
BlockJobs Forked by a New Dev Team OWS Cross-Collaboration
Puzzle Game Appchain Helping Kim Zhao Wei to find Devs & Designers OWS Cross-Collaboration
Raikumu Follow up Discord & Marketing team
4myFuture As a Mentor and Advisor Mainnent Launch
Genorati As a Tester giving feedback Bot improvements

Side Quests

1. Together as a team with @KriptoRaptor we are looking for ways to help projects launch their airdrops in a way where the community is really involved and we avoid bots
  2. We wish to add the Forum into our scope as Concierge Team, to be more helpful around here, so I have been helping to create some slides to help the onboarding of the team into the forum
  3. Helped Daniel Fluf and Amber Marie to shape their NearSpace ideation, hopefully they will run an AMA soon (this month) with @chronear as host

As a connector point with the Guild Ops Team

I participate with them on several discussions, and help with the following Guilds:

NearCanada Explaining how they can make their next steps Marketing
Near Insider Helped with the Marketing Proposal -
NearArgentina Helped them as Guild Mentor Bootcamps & Meetups
Merchants Proposing Next Steps Create a council board
NearMexico Together with Argentina building bridges for cross collaborations Bootcamps & Meetups

Ideas / Proposals

1. Create a tag here for the Concierge Team - Thanks to @David_NEAR :white_check_mark:
  2. From the Project Ops Team, start to Run AMAs on Discord, Telegram, and Reddit with the Concierge Team - In process with the help of KriptoRaptor @Benz_Near @bailey12
  3. Review the options regarding the audit and review of the Guilds activities @Jloc

New Projects Onboarded

Our team received a total of 15 new projects this month into our spreadsheet thanks to the new form created by Kemo. Receiving the info of already onboarded projects like Mintick and Raikumo together with new onboarded projects like Atocha Protocol and NEARBallerz.

Pending for the next week

1. Organize a meeting with @King_Kunta
    [PROPOSAL] Adoption of NEAR

2. Forum workflow from the Concierge Team

3. First steps creating a big Dev Team fully capable of taking any external project and launch it in NEAR formed by the NCDs from Near Hispano in collaboration with @leamanza @josedlujan @jeph and Andres Dom

Cheers :beers:

8 Likes

Solid work, keep it up!

3 Likes

Good morning from Vietnam! :sun_with_face:

I’m Hai Vu, a member of the project ops team, in charge of supporting Aurora Defi projects, the Octopus network & their app chains, also other infrastructure projects as follow:

Here is my stat on app.connecteam.com to keep track of the activities:

• 236 hours of work from 10/02 to 10/03.
  • Moderation, support for 10-20 users per day on NEAR Discord and other related communities.
  • 9.8 hours / 6 days per week (one extra day for project support).

Defi Projects:

Fusotao Support conducting AMA on NEAR official telegram, NEAR China, Vietnam and Octopus Vietnam/ Connect with Near Stars Guild for KOL in VN, JP, KR/ IDO platforms connection Community Awareness
Wannaswap Support conducting AMA NEAR official discord/ Connect with other projects for their IDO platform/ Connect with Metapool for new pools/ Retweet Teammatch feature on NEAR VN Connect for new pool & IDO projects
Bluebit Support recruiting new CM, grant applications/ Connect Near Insider for MKT IDO smartpad, nearpad Follow up for execution & IDO
Bastion Cooperate with NEAR VN, NEAR Insider for marketing about token launching, pre-mining/ Apply for grant, register AMA Follow up grant application, AMA process
Mutant Swap DEX Help recruit CM, Devs/ Check Proximity grant status/ Connect with IDO platform Nearpad,SmartPad Support marketing coming IDO
Rubic Exchange Help listed on AwesomeNEAR/ apply for AMA on NEAR Partnership announcement with NEAR
Aurigami Cooperate with NEAR VN, NEAR Insider for marketing Followup for IDO
Polaris Finance Instruct apply for grant on NEAR, Aurora, Proximity/ Coop with Near Insider for mkt Followup for grant application
KEYFI Support applying for grant on Aurora, Proximity & Received Aurora grant Waiting for KYC grant, then partnership announcement, listed on Aurora.dev, AwesomeNear, AMA
MyConstant Seeking for NEAR partnership as using $NEAR as collateral for lending/borrowing on their dapp (establlished since 2019, +70 assets listing) Asking with Todd, Kendall, Cronear and waiting for feedback

Infrastructure Projects:

Octopus Cooperate with NEAR Insider, NEAR VN for marketing/ Support marketing OCT appchains (Debio, Myriad, Fusotao
)/ Become Ambassador to strengthen OCT awareness in VN market Follow up execution through weekly meeting & Community Awareness
Debio-Myriad-Reality Chain Support conducting Airdrop program in NEAR VN twitter, AMA Near global, NearVN, airdrop campaign, design support
Open Forest Protocol Building OFP VN community - making 4 medium articles, 9 tweets Conduct Mar plan - recap ETH Denver
Dante Connect them with VCs for seedround Follow up application process

Achievement & Side quests

*Connect with NEAR Vietnam, NEAR Insider to support for projects marketing, while waiting for retweet function of NEAR Protocol.

*Connect to have meeting with Kendall (Proximity), Todd (Ecosystem success) for grant process checking.

*Support NEAR Insider guild making marketing proposal.

Barriers

*Require to get feedback (weekly basis) from the Grant team (NEAR, Aurora, Proximity) about the grant application process and grant authenticity.

*Need a meeting to cooperate better with Grant teams, and not overlap each other.

*Require the retweet function for projects on NEAR Protocol, NEAR blockchain Twitter.

*Need a process for partnership announcement for other Defi projects on other chains to come to NEAR, AURORA.

Cheers :beers:

5 Likes

Thanks for that comprehensive update on how things have evolved over the last couple of days. I must say you, alongside other members of the project ops team have delivered nothing short of excellent work :slightly_smiling_face:.

About this, I don’t know how feasible it would be to retweet tweets from all projects building on NEAR?

4 Likes

Could ve something to discuss with the Marketing Team / Advisors ? @David_NEAR
If there is the possibility for a form to be filled with the tweet, and then the team decide if retweets or not.

3 Likes

Since I’m not sure of the current criteria, there’s no way to be sure but that’s an interesting idea worth exploring, @FritzWorm .

1 Like

Hey guys, my Name is Kemal and I’m in charge of NFT and Gaming projects, but also help projects in other categories. As of today, I am in contact with 62 projects in the NEAR ecosystem.

We have decided as a team to share weekly reports under this thread, beginning with this monthly report.

We are using app.connecteam.com to keep track of our activities:

I am in contact with 62 projects in total.
From 10/02 to 10/03 I’ve worked 220 hours (10 hours/5 days per week)
I have approx. 3-5 meetings per day.
I support ~15 users per day
Moderation and other community-related activities (Telegram & Discord)

Here is a table showing the main projects assisted the last month:

Projects

Gaming

Project Help Detail Next Steps
Cryptoheroes Community Awareness Helped find Brand Ambassadors
Shroom Kingdom Community Awareness Plan an AMA
MetaPlan Community Awareness Plan an AMA
ManuFactory Helped get listed on AwesomeNear Community Awareness
MetaFighter Helped get listed on AwesomeNear Community Awareness

NFT

Project Help Detail Next Steps
Cryptoheroes Community Awareness Helped find Brand Ambassadors
Shroom Kingdom Community Awareness Plan an AMA
MetaPlan Community Awareness Plan an AMA
ManuFactory Helped get listed on AwesomeNear Community Awareness
MetaFighter Helped get listed on AwesomeNear Community Awareness
Mintbase Helped find a Reddit moderator via OWS Community Awareness
Paras Helped plan an AMA Community Awareness
Higgs-field Helped find a Dev via OWS request form Waiting for launch to plan next steps
Naksh Community Awareness Community Awareness
NEAR Art Helped update profile on AwesomeNear Plan an AMA
The Gorilla Squad Helped get listed on AwesomeNear Community Awareness
Endemic Community Awareness Community Awareness
DEIP Protocol Plan AMA after main net launch or at testnet, Send info about Office Hours, Search for Podcast/Media publisher in Near Ecosystem, Connect with Stars Guild Plan an AMA, Help with IDO strategy, Community Awareness
TORA Helped find a Dev via OWS request form Plan AMA in Q2, Community Awareness
Mintick Helped with writing the proposal, Marketing Strategy Community Awareness
ZoneART Helped them to apply for Near Grant Community Awareness
RenaissanceDAO Helped apply for Near Grant Community Awareness
NAGMI Introduced to Near Grants program, Helped to get listed on AwesomeNear Plan an AMA

Side Quests

• Translating article from English to german for Learn Near Club
Summary

Was ist das NEAR-Protokoll? - Google Docs

NEAR Konto - Express Leitfaden - Google Docs

Die 7 wichtigsten NEAR NFT-Projekte - Google Docs

NEAR-Protokoll und Polygon - Google Docs

NEAR đŸ€ Ethereum - Google Docs

NEAR-Protokoll und Solana - Google Docs

Difficulties

• Missing communication from the Grant-Team about the grant process.

• Shutting down the Marketing Activation program for the Project Ops team.

• Missing communication channels (Twitter, Medium) to announce partnerships, events or projects that have a higher Tier.

• Decentralization is important for a blockchain to be secure and scalable. For an enterprise, however, it is not. It complicates and sometimes even blocks our work, as it takes days, sometimes even weeks, to find a contact person and get feedback from them.

Ideas / Proposals:

• The Marketing Activation Funnel was, in my opinion, not only one of the best ideas I have seen in the marketing space but also one of the biggest advantages we had as a Layer 1 project over other blockchains. By supporting the projects in our ecosystem with content creation and reach, we supported the whole NEAR ecosystem. So I would like to propose to reactivate the Marketing Activation Program.

• We need an organizational structure with contacts from every department and hierarchy so that we can contact about certain issues. I think it is also important to have at least one person from every department to whom we can escalate if things are not going well.

6 Likes

It shouldn’t be for every project, but at least for projects with a high Tier status. I am in contact with projects with millions $ of funding, building wonderful products, and gaining a lot of traction, but getting no mention from NEAR. We have to find a solution for that.

3 Likes

Howdyy , so my name is Larry and I were dedicated to help Defi projects on the NEAR/Aurora ecosystem. So far, I have contacted about 20 projects under these categories.
And as a moderators, I have achieved some of these stats so far:
178 hours of work from 10/02 to 10/03
Support for 10-15 users per day
8 hours/ day per week
Moderation and support mostly on Telegram channel

And down here is a table showing the main projects that I assisted the last month:

Projects

Ref.finance Supporting with moderation, support on the creation of Vietnamese Version for the platform Continue to support in term of moderation
Cheddar Support with hiring a Rust Dev Help with Brainstorming token use cases
FlappyProtocol Instruct apply for grant on NEAR Follow up grant application, AMA process
Hasbon Rocket Instruct apply for grant on NEAR Follow up grant application, AMA process
GoNEAR Instruct apply for grant on NEAR, Support in channel moderation Follow up grant application
Sat.is Instruct apply for grant on NEAR Follow up grant application, AMA process

Difficulties

• Method for the approach of Project Ops team so far is us DM projects on the project community channel. Although this procedure is easy to be done, but not that scalable as the more projects come to NEAR/Aurora the harder it get for us to reach out
  • Missing communication from the Grant-Team about the grant process.
  • Shutting down the Marketing Activation program for the Project Ops team.

Proposal:

• Bring back the Marketing Activation program - since support in terms of marketing from the NEAR Protocol can be a huge upside for projects.
  • Composing a framework for further collaboration with Proximity/Aurora/NEAR Grant
  • Permission to access and perform further support behind this typeform for projects onboarding: Get your idea built on NEAR - as we can help sort out the tier and demands/requests before handling/redirect them to the right resource and we would be more than happy to support
7 Likes