Introducing Swine Guild RU!

Howdy NEAR herd! I would like to formally introduce you all to a new sect of Swine Guild, Swine Guild Russia! Three individuals- @haenko, @YoNota, @Ralfusha came forth and proposed they use their meme-making skills to continue making and sharing content under the Swine Guild umbrella for NEAR’s Russian community!

To start, they will be making and sharing 10 memes a week and sharing them on their Twitter account: @SwineGuildRu

As we mentioned in our July end-of-month report, we not only plan to expand our services to more facets of the NEAR community, but we also aim to expand our reach to members of the community and those outside of it seeking an inclusive crypto environment. One clear path for us to make this expansion is through generating memes and content in more languages other than English. As the founders of Swine Guild RU pointed out, different cultures and languages have their own unique senses of humor and ways of communicating ideas. As a NEAR Guild, we deem it extremely appropriate and boarish to support and foster any kind of community growth, and we consider it our duty to reach as many corners of the global network as possible with our memes.

Please help us to bring more attention to their content and support this effort to bring more awareness to NEAR and it’s amazing ecosystem! As our great great great ancestors once said, “Pig, pig pig!”

Love you all,
Coyote

4 Likes

Good morning! Dear Cayotte! I got a claim from one of our community member that one of his meme was used in Reddit (your guild got a payment for that) without his permission. Can you contact with him about it?

TG @isaevmay

Ps: I’m a middleman, so please contact directly with the author.

Hi @coyotefugly and Welcome to the Swine Guild RU. Eager to see your creative work! Thank you for contributing to the development of our Ecosystem.

2 Likes

Swine Guild does not run that Reddit account. We were not responsible for the use of that meme and we were not compensated for the use of his meme. 100 NEAR is a large sum, we don’t even get paid that much to make one meme. Other than our monthly payment for our work as a guild, we don’t receive compensation for each meme we make and we don’t limit our services based on how much NEAR we make per meme. It doesn’t work this way. He should put a watermark on his work to be sure he will get credited, and anyone who doesn’t want their memes to be shared without their permission should make that known. Memes are meant to be viral pieces of media that everyone should have access to, unless the creator specifies. I will message him this as well.

1 Like

Dear Coyote, did you or sue , or your guild get any payments from near Reddit team for memes? Just Make sure that I got you right. Thank You

Dear @Grace who is running Reddit account? They used the meme without permission. Thank You

Correct, we did not get any payments from the Reddit Team for any memes that were used on Reddit, and we don’t ever get paid from the Reddit team for memes.

Tapping in @JosePerez from the Reddit Ops team (cc: @JMaenen) to respond to the above so there is confimation this all has been resolved.

And so cool to see the expansion of the Swine Guild, and welcome to the ecosystem, Swine Guild Russia!

2 Likes

Thank you @mecsbecs for giving me the opportunity to be clear on this point. The Reddit team has never paid Swine Guild for using their memes, because that’s not how memes work. I think it’s important to note that @Dacha is just throwing around baseless conspiracy theories at this point. It is difficult for me to see how this behavior benefits the growth and development of the ecosystem.

Dear @JosePerez @JMaenen did you guys read the post about meme above ?

Have a great day!