[CLOSED] Writers/Storytellers to create for the Meta Campfire 1st Edition: thriller/horror stories theme

How gruesome and graphic can i make it? i grew up on stephen king and old slasher films… i don’t wanna go too far lol

3 Likes

As long as you’re respectful and keep NEAR guidelines in mind, I think is all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow amazing 3d vixel art. :star_struck: this gonna be awesome story telling day ever :heart_eyes::star_struck: Im so excited to hear it.

2 Likes

Woodward Forest-Lich
wolfwood.near

My story:

• Entropy -

Then the blinding flash of white… not blinding bright, though brightly shining white it was. The blinding was intensity, the radiating hue of what was waving into my pupils felt inescapable to my nerves. It was the searing ache you get from not listening to adults as a child when they warn not to gaze at the sun, except the sun itself was penetrating my sockets.

I opened my mouth to react, but it wouldn’t budge. Except I felt the reaction of every fabric of my flesh - from my tongue to lips to the throat itself - burning as if grazed by flames. Nerves squealed, saliva dried up by the drop, my vocal chords thrummed erratically and yet didn’t move at all. I made no noise but could sense the paralytic, chaotic vibration.

My skull was a veritable fissure. It was every scrape and injury and illness. All the long nights, overly early mornings, and stream of bad decisions ever made… all rolled into one. Every neurological and physical sensation of discomfort in the history of my life rolled itself into one ballista, and devastated my mind with unrelenting fury.

The misery of the uncertainty and endless barrage of it all lasted for what felt incalculable hours… Then, color. Clarity. I was still in my room. Still standing. Still it looked…falling. I hadn’t died yet…

(…)

2 Likes

Here is my Submission “Thriller/Horror Stories”
Tittle : “CREATURES OF THE NIGHT”
Original Story Writes by : Igor Moura (IMA)
Near ID : igormoura.near

It’s time to move once again. And don’t get me wrong, I do embrace change: new air, new places, new faces, new conversations, new food and… New creatures!

Last night I saw the quickest and probably one of the biggest spiders I’ve ever seen. I also saw a cockroach trying to eat my junky sweets, while I was still trying to understand the complexity of that huge spider. On my second night in the new home, a brand new small apocalypse: lightning and thunder everywhere, fear in the air and in the eyes of the dogs. Electricity was cut down about twenty times, but nothing as fearful as that spider, genetically modified and with the ability to run as fast as a quick look between us two.

I feel like an invader of an occupation intended to the strange animals, inhabitants of a well known isle located in the northeast of Brazil. I need to establish some kind of communication with these little beings. In a comparison with my past experiences, some of them are big as hell. And while I tell you this crooked story, I observe the biggest moth in the world fly around my room, producing a small spectacle of lights and shadows. It’s very late and I think about the creatures of the night. I’m alone and the silence of the late hours makes me think about the creatures of the day, the sun and the natural lights, enjoyable beings that roam around noisy sound systems in summer houses rented with festive purposes. These creatures of the day tend to be cute and beautiful, with the obvious exception of the flies, while the night crowd lack physical beauty, provoking fear and loathing, since most of them are part of the collective unconsciousness, inspiring repeated horror stories for centuries. And well, I guess this is one of them.

Ok, this is just the introduction of my story, new creatures will show up if I get the chance to reveal them, at the campfire. Good luck to you all and may the spookiness prevail!

5 Likes

hello everyone, 24 hours for bounty closing.

1 Like

This bounty is now closed.
Good luck to everyone.

3 Likes

Here is the list of winners, classified and chosen by the council :smiley:
All the 8 winners are getting a NEAR NFT as a reward, the 25 DAI, a wearable and if they want, their stories will be published on the NEAR Metaverse Magazine #6, May Edition.

Selected:

@BigM007 , @Dabbie3229 , @gabrielfelipejacomel , @Purpledots , @ImJami2017 , @Roxy , @wolfwoodShinji , @igormoura

These below are the top 3, that are already welcome-listed to the next edition. You’ll get an extra special NFT of the welcome list after the event. 3rd place was a tie, both will get the spot!

The people that weren’t chosen this time are welcomed to join us, share your story after the selected if you want and still get the marshmallow wearable that everyone that attends the event will get :slight_smile:

We’ve loved all the stories and it was very hard to choose. Thank you all for participating!
We see you tomorrow, May 22nd (Sunday) at 7PM UTC on our Voxels parcel, click the link bellow.

Metaverse DAO - NEAR Metaverse Connection Center - Voxels

10 Likes

Thank you for selecting my story. I’m so excited :grin:

Meet you at the Metaverse :tada:

4 Likes

ow, great to know I am among the top 3! thank you for enjoying my story, I’ll see you all tomorrow!

4 Likes

do i HAVE to read it? the beginning and end of the story are… dark. less scary more disturbing lol

will the next edition be horror related too? same time next month?

2 Likes

You are not forced to but It would be nice if you could read or ask someone to help you if needed, typing is not the same, but if necessary we can try.
We haven’t decided the date yet, it should be around the 19th, same time :slight_smile:
The theme also will be voted, we’ll probably ask for a theme suggestion from the top 3/4 selected

2 Likes

Wow my story is choosen :star_struck: thank you so much. Im on the 8 winners :hugs:

2 Likes

This is absolutely amazing. Thank you guys for selecting my story.

2 Likes

Congrats to you sir. For being in top 3rd place :hugs::blush:

3 Likes

Thank you my friend. Congrats too

3 Likes

I was picked as third, thanks for that.
When is the reading taking place today?
@becopro

3 Likes

I’m grateful I got chosen n

4 Likes

I will be in the event by 7pm UTC Live. I’m so motivated. I can’t hold my joy