[CLOSED] Writers/Storytellers to create for the Meta Campfire 1st Edition: thriller/horror stories theme

So amazing, that’s gonna be great :dancer:t4:

It will be an honour to be part of NEAR Metaverse Magazine #6, May Edition!

Thanxxx!!!

2 Likes

20 min to the event everyone!! :smiley:

1 Like

See y’all in the Metaverse :partying_face:

3 Likes

JUST INCASE YOU MISSED MY STORY ON THE METAVERSE, HERE IT IS!

9TH JANUARY
(Written by Roxy The Entertainer)

8th January…
The next day is meant to be my roomies traditional marriage ceremony, I couldn’t wait to be there. I mean, everywhere was buzzing, I could see everything on the internet. He had a bachelor’s night and almost all our old boys would be there. I couldn’t wait to meet Keezyto, Ray Katinns, Henz, Kokoli, and a good number of them.

Lenix, the celebrant had been calling me. He wanted to make sure I will be there the next day to grace his occasion; for real, why won’t I be there? Do you want Lenix to poison me or bury me alive? :grin:

That day, I just came back from the village, with my newly acquired Lexus 330 ES. I need to go show off too, you know. Atleast I was not fooling around after 5 years of finishing from Uni.

That night, I had a call with my cousin, Ochiwar. He said he will be there too. That he would like to join me, since I was going. Ochiwar knew Lenix through me, he was visiting us when I was staying with Lenix.

9th January…
I woke up sound and healthy, after a stressful journey from the village. Mum said she wanted to cook, that I should go and refill the gas cylinder. I drove off that morning, and decided to go check my four tyres first. Since I have a 3 hours journey same day. From there, I went to buy some kilos of Chicken for Mum. On my way, I was stopped by Nigerian police on check point. I know the would stop me when I saw them. Imagine seeing a fresh young boy with dread in a clean Lexus ES 330. I stopped, and they asked me where I was coming from and where I was going to, and I told them I went to buy foodstuffs for my Mum. “Where are your papers?”, one of them asked, and I brought out the papers. They checked it and it was complete. “Your driving license nko?” the other one asked, that was when it done on me that I left it ahome. “I leave am for house, Oga. I no know say I dey go far” I replied. "Park well, the first police officer motioned me. Ah! not this morning! I parked well and they asked me to give them 50,000 Naira, or else I’m going to the station. I said I can’t, rather let’s go to the station. Knowing fully well, I can make call and my brothers will bring the papers to the police station.

When we got to the police station, all eyes were on me as if they just caught a “Yahoo Boy”. I came down, stayed beside the car and my mind went straight to call my brother-in-law who was an Inspector in same station. I called him, and he said I should give the phone to the police man, which I did. During the conversation, I was just hearing “Yes Sir!” After the call, he gave me back the phone and frowned his face, “so you no go find us something”, he muttered. I went inside the car and gave him 2,000 Naira and he was very happy. Then I drove off.

From the police station, I headed to the filling station, to go and fill the gas for my Mum. On my way, I met my cousin, Ochiwar, who was supposed to go to the traditional marriage with me. He was heading to our family house. He was very happy to see the new car, and he asked me to come down for him to drive. I was happy too. Then we went to fill the gas, and from there back to the house. Ochiwar had been driving for over 10 years.

When I was dressing up for the traditional marriage, my trouser’s zip cut. I was very sad. That was my first time of wearing that trouser, and the last time too. My mind started messaging me not to go for the traditional marriage any more. I said no, this must be a wrong message. My brothers were dressed and ready to go with me, I can’t come and tell everybody we can’t go again. I fought with my conscience, and insisted we must go. If I don’t go, Lenix, the celebrant, will hate me all his life.

Ochiwar insisted he will drive, beside he’s the oldest driver amongst us. I said no problem. Four of us entered the car and cruised!

The journey was smooth and fun. A journey of 3 hours, Ochiwar finished it off in less than 2 hours, we had some breathtaking moments though :face_with_hand_over_mouth: but we got there safe, and on time. Let the fun begin!

We danced, ate, and took some wine. As well met some old friends. It was such a great re-union. We had mad fun! :grin:

When we wanted to leave, the MC, my very good friend volunteered to pay for a hotel room for me. He said we still have to club same night. I said no, not to worry. I have to be in Lagos the next day. So, we had to be on our way. Ochiwar on the starring again. Though we warned him to take it easy this time. But… :disappointed_relieved:

On our way, the car stopped, and we had to check it. A wire was touching the battery; yet, I did not notice the sign. What a bad omen!

30 minutes later, we were playing songs and having fun inside the car. I was in the front seat, pressing my phone. And four of us had our seatbelts on. The next sound I heard was “Blood of Jesus! Blood of Jesus!”; immediately I passed out. Deep in the realms of the spirit, I was whispering, “I will not die, I will not die”, I could feel my fainted voice. I knew the car was summersaulting. I could count like 6 times, but we rolled from our lane to the opposite lane, and the car was upside down, when it landed. The tyres were already out and rolling, the glasses were shattered on the road. The environment became so calm, the car was filled with black smoke. I didn’t know if I was dead or alive, until I heard a sound at the back. My nephew, Daniel, was removing his seat belt. “Wow! are we still alive?”, I muttered slowly. I removed my own seat belt and came out, at the center of the road. Everybody on the road rushed after me, as if I just came out from a very hard fought wrestling. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I looked at the car, and looked at my nephew that came out, “what about the other two?”, I asked myself. They both were still fighting with their seat belts, I observed. I wanted to rush to the car to get them out, but the road users held me. I had a swollen leg. Moments later, one came out and the other followed.

The road users were shocked. They couldn’t believe we came out by ourselves alive. A trailer driver said he had concluded we were all dead. That he saw everything and was matching the break so that he won’t hit us. The car was stained with blood, all around. The road users helped to jack up the car from the road. And a driver volunteered to take us to the hospital for check ups, Incase of internal bleeding. We left everything inside the car, and took only our mobile devices. We headed over to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital, the nurses gave us beds and gave us some drugs to take; others received injections and drips too. I was still in shock and feeling so tired. As I was on the hospital bed that evening, a lot of things were going through my head. The police case that morning, the trouser zip, the car stopping. I had the signs not to continue with this journey; why did I disobey?

We had some food, but I couldn’t sleep that night. Stayed awake till early morning, and finally slept off.

10th January…
I woke up and made up my mind we were going home. I told them to take me to the scene of the accident. When we got there, I couldn’t believe we came out of this alive.
I told them to call a toying vehicle to take the car to a nearby mechanic. When we got to the mechanic shop, he said we have to sell the car in parts; which I agreed.

We lodged in the hotel that day and continued our journey back home with a public transport, the next day.

I can’t forget 9th January, 2021

WALLET:
roxytheentertainer.near

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I just read my full story at the voxels, here it is for anyone who might have missed.

Tittle : “CREATURES OF THE NIGHT”
Original Story Writes by : Igor Moura (IMA)
Near ID : igormoura.near
It’s time to move once again. And don’t get me wrong, I do embrace change: new air, new places, new faces, new conversations, new food and… New creatures!

Last night I saw the quickest and probably one of the biggest spiders I’ve ever seen. I also saw a cockroach trying to eat my junky sweets, while I was still trying to understand the complexity of that huge spider. On my second night in the new home, a brand new small apocalypse: lightning and thunder everywhere, fear in the air and in the eyes of the dogs. Electricity was cut down about twenty times, but nothing as fearful as that spider, genetically modified and with the ability to run as fast as a quick look between us two.

I feel like an invader of an occupation intended to the strange animals, inhabitants of a well known isle located in the northeast of Brazil. I need to establish some kind of communication with these little beings. In a comparison with my past experiences, some of them are big as hell. And while I tell you this crooked story, I observe the biggest moth in the world fly around my room, producing a small spectacle of lights and shadows. It’s very late and I think about the creatures of the night. I’m alone and the silence of the late hours makes me think about the creatures of the day, the sun and the natural lights, enjoyable beings that roam around noisy sound systems in summer houses rented with festive purposes. These creatures of the day tend to be cute and beautiful, with the obvious exception of the flies, while the night crowd lack physical beauty, provoking fear and loathing, since most of them are part of the collective unconsciousness, inspiring repeated horror stories for centuries. And well, I guess this is one of them.

Apparently humanity evolved out of fear, but I need to tame this fear manufactured in the halls of my pulsating mind, and this fear I feel now by just telling you this story about the creatures of the night makes me remember of that raging dog who stared at me in a farm, while I was trying to lose my virginity in the middle of the woods, back in the 90’s. That story is long, but the main aspect that I want to achieve was that moment of deep fear. I was naked, by the side of a girl recently met, both static and petrified, on the brink of greater danger. I looked straight to the raging dog that had found us and that at that moment was barking fiercely. I looked at him and I established a nonverbal dialogue with him, shook the girl’s hand and asked her to stay still. Those were eternal seconds where possible tragedies pass like flashes of a frenetic nightmare. But thankfully, the big dog got away and that was enough for us to find a safe shelter.

And as if the well known or even prehistoric beings like lizards and crabs weren’t enough (I haven’t mentioned them before, but they are here as well), I just read an article on the local newspaper about the existence of a family of dark monsters that has terrified the inhabitants of the island where I currently reside. Apparently, these furry and alien-looking beasts are only seen in deserted and poorly lit streets, which are common scenarios in these parts. It remains to be seen whether I will also be able to establish some kind of communication if I meet them on a late night walk. At least on this occasion, I will be dressed.

I ask all the saints around here to protect me from all this, while I continue to communicate with the creatures of the night, whenever I see them again. After all, it’s just like they say, if you can’t beat them, join them.

Wish me luck!

3 Likes

It’s 9:00 p.m. Sona came in drenched by The heavy rain, back from her routine hectic day at work, so tired and exhausted all she needed was recuperation. She quickly undressed all her wet wears, soaked them in a bucket of water, and without bathing she jumped into bed. Wow I am so tired Sona said staring at the ceiling, but I need to have my bath so I can fix something and eat. She was still contemplating until she fell asleep.
Is 7 a.m. in the morning, and the alarm rang repeatedly when Sona quickly jumps out of the bed, oh! I’m late for work she lamented as she ran into the shower room to have a cold shower without minding the cold weather.
Knock! knock!! knock!!! Who is there she asked, it’s me Eric replied from the door. Oh I’m coming give me five minutes she pleaded.

Eric is a handsome, tall and well mannered guy in the neighborhood. Who have always had interest in Sona but always bashful to declare his interest since their high school days. Eric’s Elegance is jaw-dropping, his looks is always enchanting especially with his curly hair, his round glasses, he’s well iron pants and shirts accompanied with the fragrance of his perfume that sends a welcoming feeling to anyone that came across him. A Dashing young man very rich and inviting.

4 minutes later Sona dashed out of the shower room, with her towel tied round her chest, her skin tone was as shiny and glamorous as the early morning brightness, her legs without spots or deformity, her hair wiggled gently as she grabbed the door handle, paused, took a deep breath and gently opened the door. Indeed Eric is at it again, extremely handsome as he has always been.

Good morning to the most enchanting, gorgeous, attractive, alluring and most beautiful creature in the whole wide world exclaimed Eric…

Oh my goodness, Eric!Sona called out astonishingly, oh no this is not you, Eric! No way, with a tiny smile and tear of suprise in her beautiful eyes, she was swallowed up shock but a sweet one…

Eric quickly Drew her closer held her hands with a warm smile on his lovely face and whispered good morning my angel, with a consistent stare into her alluring eyes, Eric asked calmly can I touch your lips with mine?
Irresistibly Sona grabbed his face and kissed his so passionately.
Wow this is the best day of my life Eric acclaimed while Sona smiled profusely, with her arms hung on Eric’s shoulder happily but still astonished.

And after a few minutes of romance, Sona asked, Hey lover boy, how did you do this? She continued, I have always known you to be an introvert, what triggered your moral to voice out? And Eric began; I have been in love with you starting from the first day we met in the high school, I watched you everytime and enjoyed everything you do.
I noticed my heart skipped a beat first time I saw you in class. I will often think about you, and many times at home I’ll call my favourite sister Sona accidentally cause the name alone strikes a spark in my heart. Eric continued, I am an ambivert personality, usually I am always in my introvert mood whenever I am around you but I’m extrovert at home with my siblings around.
Eric continued, you remember the times you came to school and you saw your desk decorated with flowers and some love notes, I did all of that.
Do you remember the day you lost your school fee and a stranger met you and gave it back to you, that stranger is my favourite sister and I called her to help you.
Remember Ken the bully? Back then in school I was the reason he was expelled because I saw him bully you. I saw the day he threw your bag out from the class window I was watching everything, when I got home I reported the incident to my dad the principal he got him expelled.
So you see, it’s been a long time I’ve not got this feeling Eric said and today I beat my fears to come tell you.
Before now each time I try telling you this, I lose my balance, please Sona be my Queen. Eric said in a subtle voice. Sona, still feeling unsure at the whole incident. She couldn’t help but said yes to Eric, and Sona continued indeed dreams come true Eric my dream man is now my true Love. She heard a knock on her door, she went to open the door with feelings of excitement, to her greatest fright she saw Eric standing outside her door with a flower, she couldn’t imagine the scenes… Oh my God what is going on. She ran into her room immediately just to figure out there’s no one there and She fainted.

dabbie3229.near

2 Likes

Here is my complete Story Entry “Thriller/Horror Stories”

Tittle : “THE PEEP”
Original Story Writes by : Jami2017
Near Wallet : jami2017.near

It was night before the rains come, Gel prepairing bed for sleep. Their room was small and crowded, she called her young sisters and brother to sleep next to her. “Father must be drunk coming home so better sleep early before he caught us by not sleeping this afternoon” Gel said to her young brother and sisters. But her young sister give’s a pounty face by disliking to sleep early.

The house is a bit dark and no light because of blockout. The sky started thundering and soon tiny rain drops fall. Gel’s and his sibling share in one room and sleep on the floor but his parents and very youngest sister sleeps in the living room. His father arrived from work and slightly drunk. “Your drunk again! What time now?! Its pretty late!, You supposed to come home early!..” Her mother shout’s while Gel hearing it inside the room.

Her parents keeps fighting until she knocked out to bed and fall asleep. In her deep sleep, she was surprised when she heard loud noise coming from thunder. The rain getting stronger and become noisy but her parents already asleep. A candle lights from living room were his parents sleeping was reflecting to her room that gives her a little brightness to see the entire surface.

Suddenly, she feel chills and took a blanket and cover her body. At the moment shes trying to sleep.,she glance at the side part of the ceiling were an open box shape is not covered. She can barely see the rain lightning outside keeps flashing repeatedly. When her eyes is about to close, she heard loud noise dropping from neighbors roof. And her heartbeat run fast as she thinks it was something drop heavy things in neighbors roof. “Thump” “Thump” as her heartbeats speak. “It must be a cat running around again?!” Gel’s thought, After minutes she ignored the noises and decided to sleep but barely couldnt sleep back because of heavy rain.

Her body covers in a thin blanket were barely can see the reflecting inside the room. Her eyes wondering in the side open part of the ceiling were she can see the lightning outside then suddenly she saw a movement. Her eyes widened and could’nt move. The heartbeats run fast and her body is terrified. She was starring at this movement like her body couldnt move. Wondering in her mind whats on the slightly open roof moving. As the lightning struck from the outside, she notice the form of this creatures like its human but the ears was quite long than to a normal human ears and heads are wricked. Her heartbeats run fast as she could’nt move or could’nt speak. Under in her blanket she was shaking terrified. “Why theres something moving in their?” ,"The rain is too heavy outside, even a thief can’t stand a chance to stay in outside, on the neighbors roof!? " Asking her self, thinking while terrifying. “Please don’t think, don’t look. Just sleep and forget everything”. Thought to her self and close her eyes deeply.

Its deem dark inside the room and the only lights that give her reflection was from living room so she barely can’t see the face figure of this creatures.
But then this creatures peeping do something that makes her terrified. He tried to entered his big arms in that open side ceiling like trying to reach out something inside the room. The arm hit the steel hanging in the ceiling that cause noises. Gel overheard and saw the movement that creatures trying to do, she grasps her chest trying to shout but her voice like its lock inside. “Ma… ma… !” Gel gasps heavily “Ma… ma…!!” .

The rain was too noisy at the time she was calling her parents. Her body like a steady rock that couldnt moved trying to scape from fears. Her heartbeats keep bouncing like a drum that she can barely feel the longer she couldnt speak the harder she can call for help. She can feel in her self it’s coming, the hands of that creatures coming to get her. So she made a way to fight her fears and call her parents “Mama! Papa!, there’s a monster on the roof!!!” Crying,shaking while screaming in the room.

The creatures quickly pulled his arm and ran and climbed into walls with barb wired , Gel’s overheard the noise of his running on the roof and jump into the bard wired.
After the creatures ran, she heard something rolling in the floor coming through in her bed. And the father woke up and ask her what happened. “What’s going on.?, Why your screaming and calling Us?.” Father told to her. “I saw something, it was dark i could’nt see the face, but a ahh i think it’s someone peeping in the open ceiling Papa!, It’s like a monster, Im scared! Pls leave a light here” Gel desperately saying. Begging, worrying that creatures might come back again. His father worried also but because he didn’t see it happens so he let the one candle light stayed light in the room to give brightness. Gel’s forgot about the round ball drop to the floor. And she sleep tight like nothing happen after that horrific event in his life.

In the morning she wakes up her head is heavy and headache., she barelly remember about what happens last night but the only thing she look was the ball that fell in the floor. She could’nt find it, she knew that the ball was actually drop and role coming from her. But she could’nt see were it goes now. She thinks that this thing was connected to that creatures.

3 Likes

Are you coming? Some people wrote the story on the chat or sent me to be read

1 Like

Aren’t you coming? were having the event yet

1 Like

@Dabbie3229 , @gabrielfelipejacomel , @Purpledots , @ImJami2017 , @Roxy , @wolfwoodShinji , @igormoura
Do you allow us to publish your stories on the NEAR Metaverse Magazine?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Unfortunatelly @BigM007 didn’t show up, so his prize will be shared among everyone that won. Each writer will get 28,5 DAI instead of 25 DAI.
Thanks to everyone for an amazing time and job well done! We’ve learned a lot today and the next event will be even better :smiley:

6 Likes

wow thank you miss @klarakopi . :hugs: event was really great. , i hope we have another event like this that i could stay up long. :worried: but im really greatfull for the story time happen that night. :grin: :hugs: thank you so much. :pray: :blush: i’d love to post my story in Metaverse Magazine #6 ,this is really fantastic. :star_struck:

4 Likes

@Dabbie3229 , @gabrielfelipejacomel , @Purpledots , @ImJami2017 , @Roxy , @wolfwoodShinji , @igormoura

You can ask your payout of 28.5 DAI on our Astro DAO
You can use the link to this comment as the approval on Astro DAO

Here’s an example of it :slight_smile:

Then:

5 Likes

Thank you so much @klarakopi

That was a great experience. Hope it gets better with time

3 Likes

WOw, i had problems logging in which expressed openly

Below is the screenshot of my complaint and please dont share my money

`

Have so much Fun yesterday. Happy that i could help Igor tell his history. Waiting here for more :star_struck::raised_hands:

6 Likes

hello @klarakopi ! The plus icon is not appearing for me…here is a print screen. What should I do?

1 Like

Hi @igormoura ! Check if you’re logged in with your wallet, some things changed on astro :slight_smile: If you keep having problems let us know

1 Like

Hi @BigM007 ! I’m sorry you had problems and couldn’t attend, but it wouldn’t be fair to the others that also had problems and talked to us on the DM, sent us their stories to be read and entered as anonymous when couldn’t log with their wallets, so I can’t go against the rules that everyone followed.

We will have another event next month and you’re welcome to send your story again and participate :slight_smile:

We wish all the best and see you next time!

I connected my wallet, but now it doesn’t show the option DAI, just the NEAR one.

2 Likes

That’s weird I just checked and all these options appear:

It has to be DAI cause the NEAR we have is for the Astro upgrade. This week Astro is going through updates, maybe that’s because of it.
Can you try again? The other writers send theirs, so I think it’s working. If you keep having this problem we will think of something, don’t worry.

1 Like