[APPROVED] Dandelions and Honeybees DAO - March 2022

[PROPOSAL] NFT Pollinator Garden Gallery March Budget

PROJECT:
Create an NFT Pollinator Garden Gallery to (1) educate people on how to support pollinators; (2) demonstrate efficacy of web3 platforms to disseminate solutions-based environmental education; AND encourage more ecoactivists/ BIPOC activists to join the NEAR Community.

CONCEPT:
Design a series of NFTs featuring lifeforms found in garden ecosystems and display them in a web3 gallery. The NFTs represent a pledge to support the pollinator population (honey bees, monarch butterflies, bats, etc.) in real life and in web3. Each NFT represents an insect/element of a healthy garden ecosystem and features facts about neonics and toxic pesticides/herbicides, resources for sustainable seed companies, green pest/weed control, and a pollinator friendly planting guide. The NFT Pollinator Garden Gallery will inspire collabs with ecoactivists/ BIPOC activists, introduce them to the NEAR Ecosystem and web3, demonstrate web3’s potential as an effective platform to teach sustainability and a potential funding source for community projects.

MARCH GOALS:

1. Develop strong working understanding of NEAR ecosystem;
  2. Draft copy for three NFTs, Pollinator Pledge, educational materials (neonicotinoids, GMO seeds, etc.), sustainable gardening resources;
  3. Design and mint three NFTs
  4. Onboard 2 new members to Dandelions and Honeybees DAO, introduce them to NEAR ecosystem, provide navigation support in collaboration with Primordia DAO, EXEDAO;
  5. Digitally document my journey with the goal of generating a Creatives-friendly web3 navigation tool in collaboration with Primordia DAO, EXEDAO and others;
  6. Support local bee-friendly projects.

MARCH BUDGET: $2000
|$1200 - NFT Pollinator Garden work

$400 - Web3 Navigation Tool Design and Development [PROPOSAL] Dandelions and Honeybees, Web3 Navigation Tool, March 2022
$250 - Council Work: Introduce and Integrate People into NEAR Ecosystem onboard 2 members; assist 2 people with creating own DAO, project proposal support -
$150 - Beekeeping supplies for local community project
veils, natural sting support

Thank you!

6 Likes

Hello there!

It’s so awesome to see you jumping into the ecosystems and submitting your first proposal! I love all of your ideas and am so happy for you to be on this journey of onboarding into Near.

There are a few formatting shifts I see could change here;

1. Including who the council members are
  2. Including your AstroDAO address (dandelions-and-honeybees.sputnik-dao.near)
  3. Separating each project into different forum posts that can then be linked to this overall proposal
    • For example; Designing a Learning Tool & the NFT Pollinator Garden Gallery seem like different projects. If you could make separate posts explaining these projects in depth and then linking them here for organization that would help stay in alignment with the proposal format! Very small budgeted tasks & council work don’t need their own post.

A few good examples can be seen here, notice how they have separate projects linked to different posts:

Also, here is a guide that includes a template for proposals as well:
https://gov.near.org/t/guide-how-to-submit-a-funding-proposal-to-the-creatives-dao/2225/7

5 Likes

Thanks for those suggestions! I’ll resubmit my proposal by tomorrow.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Also just a note, you can edit the proposal directly here instead of resubmitting (if that’s what you meant!).

1 Like

Hey @dandelionshoneybees this proposal looks great. Such a nice initiative!
I was just wondering, who would be designing the NFTs? Would it be an open bounty for artists or do you have somebody already lined up for this?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback @ted.iv
Honestly, I am a neophyte when it comes to this whole process, as many are. You excellently phrased a question that’s come up for me as I architect this project.
I am an artist and have ideas of how I want the NFTs to look, but know that actualizing them is currently beyond my tech skills. (However, I do plan on learning how to design and mint.) Yes! I think it’s best for me to offer an open bounty to find artists that complement and add to what I’m conceiving, while also vetting from my known community. My vision is that this will be an ongoing project, so I anticipate collabing with many folks aligned with the vision.
Once again, so thankful for this very relevant feedback!

1 Like

Awesome! Very helpful knowledge. Thanks!

FORMATTING UPDATE:

Council Members: dandelionsandhoneybees.near

(We currently are a council of one. Two people have confirmed that they will onboard. My community of activists is wary of web3, which is why I want to serve as a beacon and guide via my success. I do have a group of established Pollinator Activists who I am collaborating with)

Target Address: dandelions-and-honeybees.sputnik-dao.near

Current Balance: (NEAR): 5 N

Funding Period: March 2022, monthly

Requested Amount: $2000 USD in NEAR

Greetings Creatives DAO,

Dandelions And Honeybees DAO is new to web3 and the NEAR community, but super excited to be here! Here’s a link to our introduction, so you can learn a little bit more about our developing vision and goals, which shifts as we evolve:

NFT Pollinator Garden Gallery

Background information on the pollinator crisis:

Pollinators, especially honey bees, are the animals responsible for the existence of the majority of foods that we eat. If the pollinators disappear, we disappear. Starting in the 1990s, people observed large amounts of honey bees dying off- they called it colony collapse disorder. Many scientists of integrity blame seeds treated with toxic pesticide category called neonics along with other pesticides and herbicides for the widespread death of the honey bees. Unfortunately, companies such as Monsanto, now Novartis, have used propaganda, pressure and financial incentives to sway scientists, policy makers and beekeeper organizations to downplay the serious link between neonics and the decline of the pollinator population. As a result, pollinator populations continue to decline at an alarming rate.

For those who are interested in learning more, here is a link to an amazingly informative article written by Lee Feng in the Intercept The Pesticide Industry’s Playbook for Poisoning the Earth. It’s a long read. I have also reformatted it into an easily printable pdf doc Printer Friendly: The Pesticide Industry’s Playbook for Poisoning the Earth along with an accompanying doc with a numbered list of the 100 active links in the Intercept article The Pesticide Industry’s Playbook - Links Page.

Vision
Dandelions and Honeybees DAO supports our pollinators by educating people on sustainable consumer and gardening practices. Our vision is to generate a series of NFTs that represent pollinators and other elements found in a garden ecosystem. People who purchase the NFTs pledge their commitment to support the pollinator populations (honey bees, monarch butterflies, bats, etc.) by not buying chemically treated seeds and not using toxic chemicals in their gardens.

The NFTs are going to have a cosmic look and integrate sacred geometry, symbols, numerology, etc. Each NFT represents an insect or other element of a garden ecosystem and features facts about neonics and toxic pesticides/herbicides, resources for sustainable seed companies, green pest/weed control, and a pollinator friendly planting guide, as well as information about the lifeform represented by the NFTs they purchased. Owners will receive access to this information in text, audio and video format.

The NFTs will be displayed in a web3 gallery, the NFT Pollinator Garden Gallery. There will be an option to receive hardcopy versions of the NFTs and the Pollinator Garden Gallery will eventually be featured in “real life” exhibits as well.

I’m an artist, am collaborating with one visual artist so far, and plan to offer bounties to collab with additional artists, digital artists and web3 designers.

We realize this expansive vision contains many components and are creating a timeline that compliments and flows with the organic growth of the project.

Thank you for taking time to read this. Here’s to resonating!

2 Likes

I would love to get involved in this project. I have a background in flower preservation with eco poxy. Maybe I can make some specimen art for gallery

4 Likes

Thanks so much for this info!

Usually Creatives requires more than one council member but since you are new to the space and a pioneer for your community, if you can commit to onboarding at least one more council to the AstroDAO by April, I feel it’s okay! I will allow the other moderators @creativesdao-council & community to give their input or propose other solutions they may find aligned. I am also happy to assist in the onboarding process with you if needed.

6 Likes

@adrianseneca @dandelionshoneybees I agree, to get started out it can be necessary to just have one council member, but with a clear outline towards onboarding more council members as part of the plan, it’s ok with me

4 Likes

Beautiful! Thanks for adding more detail!

Next step is to place this information (along with all the budget information that will be needed to actualize this project; research & draft nft, design & mint, set up gallery) into a separate post that will be linked to the original above. You can create the separate post the same way you created this original one with a different title… something like “[Proposal] - NFT Pollinator Gallery”. The original one (where we are commenting can be something like; “[Proposal] Dandelions and Honeybees DAO March 2022.”

You can take a look at how other people formatted their proposals to include the links of their separate proposals in the comments above!

Hoping this makes sense… if not let me know! Happy to try to clarify better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @adrianseneca. I’ll take a closer look at the resources you shared with me! Much appreciation!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your flexibility!

Once again, thank you! April will not be a problem to onboard new members. Will certainly be reaching out for more support!

@neenTAE :raised_hands:t5: This is wonderful! I look forward to connecting soon!

1 Like

What is the best way for us to communicate?

1 Like

Hey @dandelionshoneybees thank you for the revisions and feedback.

Your proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, so it is approved by the Community Moderators. Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO astrodao [link: Astro ] so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guidelines: [New Process] Community Payouts

3 Likes

Hi @ted.iv Thank you so much!!! Will do.

1 Like