Project Proposal: Planting A.I.R
Studio Space & NFT Onboarding for Artists from Low-Income Backgrounds
As a part of our continued objective to support the creative community in Lisbon, we (Arroz Estudios) are launching a project to give free physical studio space to digital artists from low-income backgrounds. This proposal is an application for funding support to onboard the artists into the world of NFT’s and the NEAR network.
This project will build on our progress into the crypto art sphere after we recently co-founded chain based collective Art Progression Now (with Mintbase, Keyko and others) and hosted the Rare Effect Vol1 exhibition. The outcome of the project being that each artist will create a series of NFT’s on the NEAR network and the Mintbase platform. These will be eligible for selection in upcoming Art Progression Now exhibitions and event series.
The program, called ‘Planting A.I.R’ (artist in residence) will go through a 3-week open call phase in which we will appeal to our target audience of digital artists who did not have easily available access to learning materials during their education. The open call will request information on past work, educational background, artistic field, portfolio, project proposal, detailed project schedule, CV and motivational letter.
After the open call we will select approximately 5 artists, to undertake a 4-8 week residency over the total project duration of 16 weeks. The selection criteria will be based on; fit within the educational criteria, quality of artwork, fit within digital arts and commitment to the artistic profession.
During the residency, each artist will document and publish their journey using an online blog (medium of their choice), the blog will be made available to the rest of the NEAR community so other creatives can benefit from the lessons learnt over the process and be included in the report of the project.
As a part of the program we will offer:
- Studio space
- Learning resources
- Equipment & Materials
- Career support & development
- Workshops (with our studio holders Art Progression Now)
- Exhibition opportunities (inside the studios and with Art Progression Now)
NEAR, Mintbase and APN branding will be present on the promotional materials. Reports into the promotional campaigns, open call and residencies will be produced as a part of the project.
I would like to ask for 1600 $NEAR Tokens for the following tasks
- Reserve of physical space for the residencies (16 weeks period)
- 2 or 3 people to review the proposals and conduct the selection process
- 2 or 3 people to facilitate the residency (tasks including onboarding, guidance and support through the project timeline, giving access to contacts and learning from the association)
- Onboarding on to the NEAR network and Mintbase NFT platform
- Workshops and lessons on digital and crypto arts provided by blockchain based collective Arts Progression Now
- Equipment to facilitate the creation of high-end digital arts
- Budget for physical materials for the artists to use during their project
- Kick-off meeting with Arroz studio management team 24/02
- Introduction to Createbase team and working group formed 03/03
- Review and submission of the application 11/03
- Open Call launch 17/03
- Review of open call 5th - 9th April
- Contact successful applicants and interview 12 - 16th April
- Begin Program 19th April
- Exhibition phase [at end of respective placements]
- Closing of program, retrospective and report delivery - end of August
Info document: http://bit.ly/ArzGrl0321
Dynamic Sardine Associação [Non-profit Cultural Association]
Av Infante Dom Henrique, AAFC, Lisboa 1900-320, Portugal
NIF/ VAT #: 515273686
Voting and quorum thresholds:
<2K$ - 1X Yes - no minimum quorum (* quorum defined as min number of members needed for the vote to be valid)
2-10K$ - 2X Yes - no min quorum
10-30K$ - 3X Yes - min quorum 4 of 7 - 4X members should vote in either direction
Above 30K$ requires Erik or Illia’s additional approval (Head of NF/Chairman of NFC)
Above 100K$ requires NEAR Foundation Council approval