Welcome to HypeDAO please introduce yourself

Please give us a small description of yourself and your art.
Link whatever art you feel will get us HYPE to get to know you!

We have contests lined up for our artists and developers and with your help, we can cater more to the things that YOU like.

• How long have you been arting?

• What do you specialize in when it comes to arting?

• Do you have any future goals for art?

Do you have any art that you want for us to see?
LINK IT!!!

The more we know about you the more we can start getting activities ready for everyone.

We want this community to be all-inclusive, and we want these forums to be a safe space for an artist that doesn’t feel any place belongs to them.

3 Likes

So I’ll go first and provide alittle bit about myself

My real name is Keon but everyone calls me Zexon or Zon. I got into art seriously around 2015. I have Sickle Cell Anemia and no I don’t have a job because of that so this is my main job and my main priority. I wish to one day be able to get off of government assistance using my art and my abilities around art so this opportunity that I was given has been such a great step in the right direction.
My art is usually about Geometry and color, mostly abstract and alot of my art is relative to how I feel or felt at the time of me doing it. I mainly compose my art using Adobe Illustrator, and I call myself a Vector Artist because of it. I actually went to school for graphic design before I decided to drop out because they weren’t teaching me things that I didn’t already know.
I dropped out in 2018. In 2020 I discovered NFTs and I’ve been in that world since. Finding NFTs changed my life cause it was a different way for me to get my art out to the world, and in the process, I’ve met alot of amazing people that ended me here.

I hope to hear about some of your amazing journeys. I think it’s interesting how we all can do something different but end up in the same spot.

This is one of my most favorite most HYPE pieces i made about Sickle Cell Anemia.

5 Likes

Hey there! I am Max, this crazy project was my idea but I cant take all the credit… let me explain.

I started NFTs in November and quickly realized the overhyped artists and collectibles would forever outpace us regular artists. So I started a twitter DM group for a friend’s drop and named it #NFTHYPEGANG. The objective was to work together to compete properly with the attention of the big-shots. The group became a lot more than a hypegang… it became a family of artists who knew they had a safe place to share their ideas, feelings, concerns, ask questions, and so on. We’ve since grown to occupy over a dozen DM groups that are almost entirely at capacity. The communities have led to probably hundreds of sales, countless friends, and a much stronger community. The natural next step was to form a DAO. We chose NEAR because they align with us philosophically.

A little more about me personally – I’ve always done art. I painted as a kid (thanks mom), experimented with photography and ceramics as a teenager (thanks Somerville High School), got into Photoshop and Generative Art in Flash in my late teens and twenties (thanks weird websites). Largely I was a musician first – I play keys/synths, didgeridoo, harmonica, lap dulcimer among other things. Art was for therapy, and occasionally for profit as I am always hustling something.

As far as artistic specialties go, I’ve been focusing on broad-pen calligraphy for about 4 years now and Its basically my obsession artistically. I am far more of an artist than a designer, despite going to school for “web design and development.” I also work in Blender quite a bit, as well as Photoshop, After Effects and various compositing tools.

My goal as an artist is to be recognized for my signature style and to be regarded as one of the most significant creators in cryptoart. Short of that, I just want to keep having fun innovating, building art community, and making regular sales.

I live in Boston, but its expensive here and I’ve never lived outside of a city, so I’m actually looking at moving to the country somewhere, perhaps upstate NY where I can breathe fresh air and have neighbors who actually say hello :joy:

I’m currently working as a front-end developer for Charged Particles, an NFT+Defi platform and I couldnt be happier about it. I just got the job, and before that, art was my full time job since November when I went ALL IN. I’m still all-in, I just have a steady income now.

Please check out my TryShowtime profile to see how all-in I’ve gotten!
I have an awesome collection and tons of creations over at Paras as well!
I am always looking for new friends on twitter so please come say hi.
You can browse my art on Instagram a bit more easily than on the nft platforms.

So freaking glad to be here! Or should I say HYPED!

5 Likes

I’ve been making art since I was 2, so 1984.

I see my role as an artist as the modern day equivalent of the band playing on the titanic’s deck as the ship sinks. A stimulating antidepressant for these dark times. My work is an answer to things that already exist.

I do many things. Sculpture in a variety of media, also drawing in pen, marker, pencil, and charcoal.

My future goals are to start selling. I don’t usually do commissions. So gallery, NFT, Etsy, whatever. Folks always want to buy my work. I just have to get on the ball.

I’m about to turn 39.

I live near Grand Rapids Michigan USA. I have no desire to move at this time.

I used to have a retail day job but my goal has always been to make art my main occupation.

3 Likes

Hello! So excited to get into NFTs and meet the community! I’ve been watching the NFT community for about a year, but I didn’t want to get involved until I learned about NEAR. I’m an artist with formal training in sculpture, but I sold everything I owned a few years back and now I’m doing digital art. Mostly. When I was doing sculpture I worked with metal doing welding and bronze casting. I’m also trained in couture fashion sewing so I used a lot of textiles in my art. I still have my sewing machines and I’m moving into an art studio next week so I can set them up and start making wearables again. I also worked as a photographer and videographer years ago, and I’m starting to do a little bit of that work again with my camera phone lol. I miss working with metal, but I don’t see myself getting back into that. I’m much more motivated to spend my time working in new media and NFTs.
I have a bunch of art that’s ready to mint into NFTs and I’m just looking for the right place to put them. I thinking maybe mintbase? I have a small collection on https://paras.id/kodandi.near/collection I also have some animated gifs that are not yet NFTs in a virtual gallery https://longcovidwearehere.com/ I just applied for an artist residency to improve my gif making skills. I need to improve my animation and coding skills because my animated gifs are not quite capturing my vision for my art yet. There’s so much to learn and do. I want to get in on all the fun.
And I don’t know if HypeDAO is interested in gallery shows, but my art studio has a nice shared gallery space that I can use. If there’s ever any interest in showing art in a physical gallery in Oakland California USA let me know and I can make that happen.

3 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m Tim/TBurd and am lucky to be connected with the HYPE DAO! I’ve been a studying/working photographer since 2005 and have been on the Web3 train since Sept. or October of 2020.

I enjoy video, editing and photoshop but am also experimenting with AI programs and collaborating with other artists.

My time is pretty dominated down here in South Texas with a sailing charter I operate but I stalk the HypeGang Chat as much as possible and love the energy, support and insight from our peers.

MOST all my links to work are on my website and my most recent project is with https://HaveANiceDay.wtf where I minted 100 hits of NFTLSD via teh LSDAO.

I enjoy the NEAR community and think it is waaay underrated! Thanks for reading and I hope to get to know each of you better!

Kakaaaaaaw - Tburd

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Yuloo, and I’ve been a photographer for 25 years. On and off over the years I’ve experimented with other mediums including painting, jewelry making, fiber arts, and writing, but I always come back to photography.
I have about a million goals for my art. First I want to help my family. My dad is well known in our community for being the photographer for the local newspaper that my grandfather started in 1947, taking wedding photos, class photos, working with local athletes, and doing every type of event you could imagine. I’d been helping him develop film since I was a small child, so when I was a young teenager he gave me my first camera and I, like my dad, joined any and every school activity and organization that would give me the opportunity to take photos. I’d like to pay him back in some way for sending me on this magnificent journey though the camera lens. He never made a living off his photography, it was always a side income, even though he probably poured more than he made into his equipment. I’d like to be able to help him afford to retire as well as create a more financially stable future for myself and my family while doing something that I love.

Since discovering the NFT community I’ve been inspired by the artists around me and I’ve fallen in love with digital painting and enjoyed collaborating with other artists on projects that include my photography, pixel art and digital paintings. I can’t wait to see what other mediums and joys I discover during this exciting period in art history.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

my name is Erik and I would consider myself a technical artist. I’m having a background in computer sciences, but always played around with technology in order to express myself artistically. I think my journey started when I made interior collages from print magazines as a child, which eventually led to my first drawings in Microsoft Paint on Windows 95. Maybe it started with being allowed to use my grandpas old east-german / russian computer, a Robotron A5120, to learn my first programming language. I guess, curiosity brought me here in any case.

Maybe I had an unsteady journey so far. It includes web development, building software and hardware for music production, video editing and mapping in performing art projects, AI development for dance productions and engineering of compilers for smart contract languages. But I hope the usage of technology and the analysis of the impact being my main artistic practice that holds it all together. Sometimes I feel like doing too little solo projects, but working with great people, helping realize bigger ideas, is all I could have ever wanted.

And since I’m eager to not only build infrastructure for Web3 communities, but actually take part in them, engaging with the HypeDAO felt almost natural. Thank you @mxjxn for guiding me here :slight_smile:

Since I can only post 2 links to my work, I’m picking these:

• Costa Compagnie, an independent artist group based in Berlin
  • Deep.Dance, dance production (a complete choreography, created by an artificial neural network)

I’m always happy to chat :slight_smile:

1 Like