USDT sent from NEAR BINANCE not Delivered

Hello Near community.

will love to know if USDT sent to binance can be recovered after contacting binance support recovery fee seems to be $500 BUSD can the NEAR support do anything about this?
Normally the NEAR wallet rejects such address what’s the reason behind the token not being delivered from NEAR to BINANCE?
Thanks guys awaits all response
@David_NEAR and others

Hi @Alphaflex,

The first thing that jumps out is the “recovery fee” of $500 BUSD. Please double and triple check if you are talking to the legitimate customer support of Binance. They shouldn’t be asking for money to help you, under any circumstances.

Secondly, the issue wasn’t the address, but the token.
There is USDt (NEAR native) and USDT.e (wrapped). I presume you sent the latter (wrapped), which is not supported on Binance.

If you haven’t done so already, please check Binance’s Incorrect Deposits FAQ section.

If Binance doesn’t recover your lost funds, I’m afraid there is nothing anyone can do.
I’m sorry for your loss, and hope you’ll turn this into a learning experience - that might protect you from losing more in the future.

Lastly, opening a thread on the Governance Forum might not be the most appropriate place and way to bring forth an unfortunate situation like that.
In the future, please consider utilizing our Discord or Telegram channels.

2 Likes

Yes it’s the official support directly from their app.

What I sent was bridged USDT.

I took complain to telegram nod said only binance can assist after seeing the fee thought I should post here to get more information on the why it wasn’t delivered.

thanks for your response

1 Like