Simply put, the Marketing DAO Vertical was created for the purpose of unifying and improving the allocation of funds for more marketing-focused projects and in line with an overall funding strategy for Multi-Vertical DAOs.
PLEASE NOTE that the Marketing DAO Vertical is meant to support COMMUNITY-DRIVEN Marketing Campaigns and does intend to replace the Internal Marketing Efforts by NEAR Inc., NEAR Foundation, and other companies affiliated with NEAR.
- Growth Hacking
- Social Media
- PR and Paid Media
- Merch / Swag
- Other paid marketing efforts
(or a combination of any of the above)
- Create a new topic and make sure :
- It is posted under the Marketing Category.
- It contains both the
- The post title begins with [PROPOSAL] (e.g. [PROPOSAL] July 2021 Social Media Moderation budget for X Guild). Your post title should also give a brief overview of the project you’re proposing.
- Post Specifics :
- Guild name (if applicable)
- Funding scheme: Monthly / Quarterly / Milestone-based etc.
Detail all marketing-related activities you hope to perform over the aforementioned timeframe. Be as specific as possible, and include the following information per activity:
- Expected impact and value you foresee for the NEAR ecosystem / community
- How will you measure its impact and success?
- Aside from you, how many people do you foresee to being involved?
- Estimated timeline and milestones to be achived
- Links to similar, previously funded forum proposals (if applicable)
- Please include payout related information at the end :
- Total requested amount in USD and NEAR (price based at the time of posting)
- NEAR wallet ID
- Wallet owner’s Name
To avoid complications, before filing your payout request, please wait for your proposal to be updated from [PROPOSAL] to [APPROVED].
- Go to the Marketing Sputnik DAO.
- Choose: Create New Proposal > Payout
- Attach your APPROVED forum post link.
- Add a brief description of the proposal. You can also reference the council member who approved or was consulted prior to the payout request.
- Indicate the payout in USD (in the description) and add the equivalent in $NEAR in the payout field. Please add a screenshot of the token price (from coingecko or coinmarketcap) for verification purposes in a comment on the originally approved Forum post.
I’m new or an existing Guild transitioning to the DAO verticals, how do I know if I’m writing my proposal correctly?
As this is a fairly new DAO, I’m more than willing to hear your questions and clarifications. Please reach out to me here (@jcatnear) or schedule a Calendly with me so we can go over your project together! This may also help get your proposal approved by the council faster.
What if I just have an idea and not a fully-realized proposal?
WE LOVE THOSE! Just start a topic with [IDEA] in the title and use the
ideastag to share it around. It would be great include as much information as possible on the idea so other members are more likely to engage with it.
Is there a maximum budget/limit per proposal?
There is no hard limit or maximum budget for a proposal. However, for the first few months, we highly encourage anything above 2000 NEAR to be discussed with any of the council members before a proposal is submitted.
Our stance on reimbursement requests:
We are working towards the new process of filing everything in advance so project owners can get the resources they need to start their project ASAP. We highly discourage filing reimbursement requests unless previously instructed by more than 1 member of the council.
How long do I have to wait for funding?
We’ll do our best to check the Forum daily for any new proposals but please give the council within 7-14 days to get it approved/funded.
For Guilds looking for extra hands:
Once you receive funding and find out you need more manpower, we highly encourage you to use the Marketing category as a space to outsource one-off marketing-related work! Just start your topics begin with [BOUNTY] and have the
bountiestag to get others informed!
Accepting Bounties posted on the Forum
As of now, let’s keep all conversations related to accepting and submitting work for bounties within the corresponding forum topic. This is to keep everything transparent for the security of both parties and for council members to be informed (and can step in as needed).
Opportunities as an Individual:
If you want to start your own guild, you can start here.
If you need additional support, reach out to me (@jcatnear) and any of the other council members.
Work in Progress:
- Proposal Templates and Budget Ranges based on the projects we support
- Additional instructions based on the proposed payment scheme (monthly, quarterly, milestone-based, etc)
- Guides for accepting bounties
- How to get your expected sum
- How and When to Follow up
- What if you aren’t funded
- So your Marketing Proposal got funded… (Reporting Milestones and Measuring Successes)
- Creating your own DAO under the Marketing Vertical
- Social Media and Community Guides
- Community Squad Bounties
- Featuring Guilds with projects funded by the Marketing DAO Vertical