The ecosystem needs YOU

Hello Everyone,

Mark from your friendly Ecosystem Success team, reporting in. As we just hit our incredible milestone of 1 year on mainnet, activity in the NEAR ecosystem is heating up.

157 DAOS

1m+ Wallets

350k Daily transactions

91 Nodes

60 Nodes validators

200+ Ecosystem partners

423,037,368 NEAR staked

$80,409,490 TVL in DeFi

And let me tell you, from an Ecosystem Success perspective, we are onboarding many, many more partners and applications.

NEAR is undoubtedly awe-inspiring technology - who wouldn’t want to build on top of it?

• a highly scalable blockchain that is certified climate neutral,
  • built with future scalability in mind via Nightshade sharding
  • and, of course, has a ‘so simple your grandma can use it’ wallet experience.

All of this aside, NEAR could not have possibly achieved this growth without YOU - the users and community members who are all part of this fantastic mission to drive Web3 forward.

Sure, we know we are awesome, I hear you say. Thanks for reminding us.

The work is not yet complete.

We are only 1% of the way through our inspiring mission to bring P2P technology to the masses.

Some of you may not be aware, and some of you certainly are. The ecosystem success team’s sole responsibility is to make sure our partners within the NEAR family have the best chance to succeed - as they say, it takes a village to raise a child. The same is true of a successful Web3 application.

This is where you come in.

NEAR is unique because we have various DAOs and guilds providing services and advice ranging from the Legal to community to memes.

We do need more.

If you provide a service to a project building on NEAR, we want to help you create a business model that ensures that becoming a guild member is a worthwhile endeavour.

Not only because you are part of this inspiring journey we are all on together, but also because you can get paid for your valuable expertise.

When I first entered the blockchain space in late 2017, I was scratching my head to understand how I could get involved in the industry professionally, as I wasn’t technical at all. If the guild model that NEAR has built was around then, I could have found a way much quicker.

In working with the various partners and teams we are onboarding, it is apparent that they need assistance in the following areas.

Education - programs for legacy enterprises and users to learn more about the blockchain space

Token Economics (Tokenomics) - designing economics of the token and adding incentives to grow the initial user base

Token Launch - launching a token on chain

Exchange Listing and associated services - getting a token listed on an exchange, associated setup and marketing relationships.

Validation - a network of peers and other developers and founders that provide affirmation on business plans

Product and Architecture Help - Assisting to shape the product based on what is possible and user feedback on the product.

Development Help - Assisting with the development, from answering questions to direct help with developing parts of the application.

Hiring/Connecting People - Connecting founders to talent and with each other.

Attention - Visibility/Marketing services, from SEO to social media.

Community Building - Building a base of community members, which should be cross-pollination from similar projects.

We already do some of these things exceptionally well within NEAR - i.e. the Community Building and Fundraising; however, what is lacking is the model that ensures those doing the community building are rewarded accordingly for their efforts.

What is the call to action here?

If you are part of a guild that provides any of the above services, get your head down and start thinking of a business model that is repeatable and scalable. At the foundation level, we are working on various integrations that will assist with payment.

If you or anyone you know is interested in the blockchain space and can provide any of the skills listed above, feel free to contribute to any existing guilds or set up a new one.

Once these guilds are in place, the Ecosystem success team can pass projects to consume these valuable services, and the virtuous cycle of the NEAR ecosystem is sustained.

This post is about the art of the possible and better understand how we can work together for the greater good of the NEAR ecosystem, and ultimately the Web3 movement as a whole.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

38 Likes

Easily one of my favourite forum posts till date. Instant bookmark. Will be passing it on to folks not just within but outside the ecosystem as well. Thank you for putting it together @Nakameowdough

8 Likes

Wow, Amazing post.
Thanks for it.

2 Likes

Please can you help me understand better?

Hi There,

In the ecosystem success team, we have a lot of partners who are building on NEAR with various requirements - ranging from recruitment, to marketing, to development. We would like to point these partners towards guilds, who can then charge for any of their work - i.e you source dev talent, you get paid, you create a marketing campaign, you get paid, you design tokenomics? you get paid.

Please let me know if you would like to expand on this any further.

3 Likes

Thanks for putting this together, @Nakameowdough! The guilds team is happy to support with incubating or supporting all of this.

@amgando , @shashi are there folks the eduverse at NEAR who might be interested in something like this? :thinking: The guilds team would be happy to get them up and running :slight_smile:

@satojandro perhaps the Silicon Craftsmen guild are already doing some parts of this? Or maybe can expand into some of these verticals? WDYT? :hammer_and_wrench:

@leaves297 One for the flying Rhino guild perhaps? Also tagging @Lolson_tg for kitchen guild and @Zhunda for Stars guild. :loudspeaker:

5 Likes

@shreyas thank you for tagging us.

Kitchen Guild is ready to fully support any improvement in the Near ecosystem. At the moment, we have excellent indicators for September and we are waiting for huge achievements in October.

We are always ready to support any initiative and implement it as soon as possible. Every day we set ourselves the goal of attracting new users to the NEAR ecosystem and we are sure that we will grow along with how the NEAR community grows!

It is an honor for us to be near you!

3 Likes

I’m interested in this Sir.

1 Like

Uhhh yeah, will give the most attention from influencer and partner side.

Waiting for proposal to be approved:

If anyone or any Guild needs more attention, write me PM of your projects and events. Building up army from loudest people to share NEAR updates to the world, so that evry part of NEAR would be visible.

2 Likes

Yes, the Flying Rhino Guild is here for all marketing needs! Fill out the consultation form on our website or slide into our telegram (https://www.flyingrhinoguild.com) T: @Foliage10

1 Like

Uau! What a post! :clap:t2::clap:t2:

I have an organization that supports Black creators. I want to enable these creators to develop their own NFT projects. I am currently learning more about NEAR and how it supports creators. I want to apply for a grant to get this project started but need more technical support. Could you direct me to where I can go. Thank you

2 Likes

@shreyas could help you out. You should talk to him

Thank you so much for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nakameowdough any forward move on this?

this is an ongoing initiative - do you need help with any particular facet? We are trying to empower people with great ideas, and connect like-minded individuals

1 Like

Hi @Vic-e ,

That sounds great. You should definitely check out #creatives section here.

For this, I’d suggest reaching out and chatting with @chloe and @mecsbecs. Although, they might be a bit tied up until NEARCon, just FYI :slight_smile:

Apart from NEAR Grants, I know that Createbase also has their own funding. Perhaps @marianeu might be able to help there.

2 Likes

Yes, @Vic-e :slight_smile: If you have a project in mind which uses NFT’s for utility usecases then createbase is the place for you! Feel free to contact me anytime!

2 Likes

@Vic-e would love to have you join the creatives community telegram chat so you can explain more of what you have in mind to grow your community within the near ecosystem :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

If there’s any way the Lisbon City Node project can help with this, we have multiples skills in the project itself and ideas that converge with the ones you just described for the Ecosystem.

We are a growing project both physically and online. We would love to colaborate!