[Rejected ][Proposal to HoM] Service DAO

Introduction: In response to a recent update from NF, the Near Foundation team has experienced a significant 40% reduction including the Near Community Moderators, raising concerns about the continuity of community support for the Near Community Channels. Community channels are pivotal for user assistance, reporting, and maintaining a positive user experience.

The absence of a dedicated Community moderators team poses a risk of leaving community members without essential resources and support. Moreover, the moderation of multiple platforms is at stake, potentially leading to spam, unresponsiveness, and a decline in user-friendly interactions.

As Near undergoes this transition, it is crucial to address the potential ramifications promptly. Strategic measures must be implemented to fill the void left by the reduction in the Near Community team, ensuring the project’s resilience and sustaining a supportive user community.

To solve these possible future scenarios, we propose to create a unified team of experienced moderators from the ecosystem who can provide the best customer support assistance.

Vision & Goal: In response to the absence of a community support team in Near, we aim to establish a unified and highly proficient team of community support moderators. Focused on providing unparalleled assistance, our vision is to create a cohesive support structure that caters to the specific needs of both Near Protocol and Aurora Network users.

Our vision is rooted in the creation of vibrant and informed communities within the Near Protocol and Aurora ecosystems. We aim to create an environment where users, developers, and enthusiasts seamlessly collaborate, share insights, and receive timely assistance. By consolidating our efforts, we aim to become the go-to hub for community support, ensuring that every query is met with a knowledgeable, timely & friendly response.

Solution: In order to effectively serve the various requirements of the Near Protocol and Aurora Network communities, we suggest setting up a specific team of experienced moderators. Our approach is to create a team that consists of six seasoned moderators, who have experience in Near & Aurora.

A singular team will serve as the only hub for community support, ensuring accessibility and a seamless user experience. This thoughtful setup will streamline user queries, providing clarity and expedited assistance tailored to the specific blockchain in question.

Moderators specializing in Near Protocol will be handling multiple platforms such as Telegram, Discord, Reddit etc. and use tools such as Helpscout to get user tickets directly from the website and assist them with the best support 24/7.

The lead will highlight unresolved dev/tech questions of the week in a dedicated sheet and address them to the respective dev team of the projects in order to resolve tech questions smoothly and quickly.

How we move forward (KPIs):

• We look forward to keeping the legacy channels such as Near Protocol Telegram, Discord, Reddit, governance forum and moderate them 24/7. In addition to this, we aim to use new tools such as Helpscout to manage tickets from the website and streamline the process to assign them to the specific team. Goal is to keep the response time < 15 minutes. We aim to create a process to collect a sheet of unresolved tech questions and get them resolved quickly by addressing them to the developer team. A living document will be created by the moderators to store the templates for the frequently asked questions which would help everyone to answer the query within a few minutes and save the time to type the answers every time.
  • Every month, we will report about the number of tickets opened/closed. (> 90% closed to opened ticket)

• To ensure high quality level, We will share a satisfaction form at the end of each ticket and will share in report the feedback from them. (Satisfaction >= 4.5/5)

• Average time for ticket opening, we would like to focus on helping as fast as possible the customer.

Platforms To Moderate:

Every Moderator’s Scope of Work:

Dav : Responsible for leading this DAO. Will be moderating as much as he can. More than 8h / day (except weekend). Checking work from Moderator, managing members and point of contact of this DAO. Making training and providing tutorial / documentation.

Responsible for presenting tech question sheets to the DevRel team in weekly meetings.

Zubair : Responsible for dedicating 8 hours per day to moderate the mentioned channels, keep response time on chat platforms < 15 minutes. Manage Helpscout and other admin tasks. Additionally, he will be responsible for contributing to the templates document.

Rexux : Responsible for dedicating 8 hours per day to moderate the mentioned channels, keep response time on chat platforms < 15 minutes. Additionally, he will be responsible for managing the discord server (Tools & Bots) and announcement channel to push important news from the ecosystem. Contribution in templates document.

Rahul : Responsible for dedicating 8 hours per day to moderate the mentioned channels, keep response in chat platforms < 15 minutes. Additionally, he will be responsible to co-manage announcement channel with Rexux to push the news from the ecosystem. The duty includes working with Zubair in templates document.

Aman : Responsible for dedicating 8 hours per day to moderate the mentioned channels, keep response time in chat platforms < 15 minutes. Additionally, he will be responsible for managing the Near Governance Forum and BOS including the contribution in templates document.

DK : Responsible for dedicating 8 hours per day to moderate the mentioned channels, keep response time in chat platforms < 15 minutes. Additionally, he will be responsible for managing the Near Governance Forum and BOS with Aman and contribute in templates document. Responsible for scheduling calls with Ecosystem Projects.

Midas : Responsible for dedicating 8 hours per day to moderate the mentioned channels, keep response time in chat platforms < 15 minutes. Contribution in templates document. Help with tech questions and create templates from the dev experience.

Team Members

Mod lead Dav(@DDeAlmeida) : (Council member)

• House of Merit Member
  • Moderator on NEAR Discord / Telegram
  • Support helper for MetorWallet / MyNearWallet
  • Near Mainnet Validator (Pandateam)
  • Involve in NEAR Ecosystem since early 2021
  • Worked as Moderator on a Cosmos Project
  • Worked as Co-Lead of OpenShards Alliance

Senior Mod Zubair(@zubairansari07) : (Council member)

• Lead Community Moderator at Aurora.
  • NDC Transparency Commission member.
  • Previously handled Near & Aurora community Instagram channels.
  • Worked as Social Media Manager at Raiz Farms.
  • Worked as Social Media Manager at Near Ocean.
  • Worked as Regen at Open Forest Protocol.
  • Worked as Community moderator at Near NFT Club & Near Meme Daily.
  • Managed marketing campaign for Near Protocol under Marketing DAO.

Senior Mod Rexux(@rexux_in):

• Community Moderator, Discord and News Stream lead at Aurora
  • NDC House of Merit Member
  • Worked with Aurora Hunters and AMN to Manage Aurora Regional Communities
  • Worked with NEAR’s Meme and NFT as Community builder

Senior Mod Rahul(@rahulgoel007):

• 5 years of web3 experience.
  • NDC Transparency Commission Member
  • Community moderator for NEAR Protocol from December 2021, managing Telegram, discord and Reddit.
  • Led Aurora Reddit and collaborated with ecosystem projects.
  • Worked as Moderator for NDC in V0.

Senior Mod Aman(@iamanansari) :

• Aurora Community Support
  • Globe DAO Council (PoC)
  • Aurora India Community Moderator

Previous Projects & Guilds:

• Degen & Mod at OFP
  • Community Moderator at Near Meme Daily
  • Content Designer at NFT Club
  • Managed Community Instagram accounts of Near & Aurora
  • Have been moderator in 7+ communities of NEAR

Senior Mod DK(@Dk_51) : Experience and worked as;

• Regional Community Manager at Aurora
  • Current House of merit council member
  • Aurora Hunter in Collaboration
  • NEAR Media Team Lead
  • Degen at NEAR Protocol
  • MetaPool Ambassador
  • Mental Maze Ambassador
  • NEARstart ambassador
  • Graphic Designer
  • NEAR NFT Week as a Data Analytics

Senior Mod Midas(@Midas) :

• Made 5 communities from scratch.
  • Led 20+ telegram channels and discord communities with more than 100K participants.
  • 3 years of web3 experience.
  • development participated won 2 hackathons.
  • Had a pitch talk as one of top-10 projects on NEARCON 2023.

NOTE: all council members have completed KYC

Budget :

• Lead Remuneration : $4000 x 1 = $4,000/month

• Senior Mod: $3000 x 6 = $18,000/month

• Tools :

Telegram premium - $5 x 6 mods = $30/month

Discord Nitro - $10 x 6 account = $60/month

Helpscout - $50 x 6 mods + 2 HoM Members (Point of Contact (El) + Dav)= $400/month

PikeSpeak - Free version
    Nearscope - Free
    Nearblocks - Free

• Contests (Memes, Infographics, Quiz, Fun Games) & AMAs community rewards: $2000/month

• AMA Host : 4 AMAs x $100 - $400/month

• Pikespeak Training: 1500$ - 1 time - No trainee limit
    (During this training, They will focus on how to use as the best the app as moderator.)

Total Budget : $26,390

Previous Funding

• Have you received funding for this project from any source? No
  • Any source of funding: None

Applicant Information

DAO URLs

• DAO / Project Website:/
  • Social Media Distribution Channels:
    • None at the moment
  • Is Your DAO/Project Targeting a Specific Country? No
  • Which region will your DAO/ Project support? Global/Worldwide
12 Likes

Is this some kind of open role for everyone to apply?
Trying to understand how this will works.

If this DAO gets approve u should just shut down the aurora chats, since NEAR protocols mods = Aurora mods.

2 Likes

A group of people proposing their idea same as other Grassroots DAOs. This is not a hiring by HoM!

1 Like

This dao has 5 congress members in it like come on.

2 Likes

Sounds good sir, just like to ask how it works.

Since I took a look on other DAO, champion is there at first place and initiate then the contributors open to public and contribute.

Example:

1. NFT DAO open public election
  2. Mdao open public submission

Also just my concern regarding numbers. NDC mod used to be 600-800 per month, I think if we increase there is make sense numbe between 800-1000 (mod market price)

Hi guys, this is a proposal.

We will improve the proposal with your feedback.
I would like to thank you for your comment, we are moving forward.

2 Likes

It’s up to the DAO if they are opening the roles. The proposal draft had been shared after discussions with HoM members and put on forum later.

I would leave it to HoM since they are the governing body for approval/rejection of a proposal.

Awesome, will see how it plays out :heart:

Hello @Aescobar, I think you are talking about the NDC Community dao, @The_darrk and @Psalmy is working on the draft post, you can find more details here >> NDC MODS Charter - Google Docs, feel free to share your comments in the draft post! thanks!

6 Likes

For remuneration we used NF remuneration

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying sir

1 Like

Sweet yeah I was there as well, in their tg group. Was just thinking if both were align. Might be good to grow together.

Hi Dav,

1. Has the NEAR Foundation provided reasons as to why they deemed the moderation team unnecessary? I believe more insights are needed into why these positions were eliminated before we rush to undo the changes from NF. This is particularly true as NF is the ultimate funder of NDC. We do not want to jeopardise overall funding to NDC if we are seen to be undermining NF strategic decision.
  2. How much were these moderator positions being paid under NF? I think it would be reasonable to extend the same pay under the new DAO.
  3. How will service DAO and HoM manage the conflict of interest as most of the proposed moderators are all elected members to congress?
  4. Why aren’t moderators absorbed by NDC operations?

I saw your work first hand during Stake Wars III and I believe you are one of our most valuable resources providing technical support to community across many channels. However, I also know that most NEAR community channels are very quiet and perhaps we need less moderators overall (this can be reassessed on a quarterly basis). I also think this is closer to formal employment and a traditional DAO structure lacks the accountability required.

• Given feedback from NF: the social media should be covered by NDC
  • As I know it was in range between $3000-$5000 for each mod (full time 40hr/week), I am not sure about Community lead.
3 Likes

Hello, Thank you for your questions.

1. I’m not aware about the reasons. Maybe they just wanted to don’t keep the lead on this (HR, payout etc)

2. I’m not aware of all remuneration, but as @Dacha mentionned, this is around 3k to 5k.

3. A MEMO will be shared soon about Conflict of Interest and how many role you can have in ecosystem.

4. I pinged them, they are all waiting NF answer etc.

I agree with you with the fact of review every months the amount of work and reduce number of Moderator if needed.
Having a DAO, is more for the payout process.

2 Likes

Dear Service DAo team members. The Poll created:

https://near.org/astraplusplus.ndctools.near/widget/home?page=dao&tab=proposals&daoId=congress-hom-v1.ndc-gwg.near&proposalId=98

1 Like

Thanks,

The only other outstanding issue, which would be similar for other DAOs providing services and we have already started addressing is: are the payout going to be in USD or in NEAR? I think this setup would increase the need for Community Treasury to sell part of the NEAR OTC, or for NF to provide additional funds from their stable coin reserves, to cover people’s remuneration without the hassle of volatility, etc.

This is clearly being rushed for approval and I struggle to understand the motivations behind it :massage_man:

The transition plan for this is yet to be formalized if it were to happen (ie. scope, timelines, etc.)

1 Like

Hello this is a good point. I would like to say payout in NEAR