Section 1 - DAO/Project Information
- Organization Name: Latam DAO
- Project established: November 2023
- DAO’s Category: Regional Development/Marketing/Onboarding
- Project’s Category: Community Led
Section 2. Previous Funding
Section 3. DAO URLs
- DAO / Project Website: (Landing page will be created once operations start)
- Social Media Distribution Channels:
Telegram : Telegram: Contact @nearlatamdao
Social Media distribution by community:
- Project Targeting a Specific Country: Latam
- Project Region Support: South America & Caribbean (Spanish), South America (Portuguese)
Section 4. Applicant Information
- Name of Point of Contact: @ramgor @FritzWorm @jcsta
- Governance Forum/near.social Profile: Profile - ramgor - NEAR Forum , Profile - FritzWorm - NEAR Forum , Profile - jcsta - NEAR Forum
- NEAR Wallet ID: latam-dao.sputnik-dao.near
- Wallet ID for Funds: latam-dao.sputnik-dao.near
- Country of Residence: Latam
- Additional Relevant Links:
Section 5. Team Members
Section 6. Experience
Each of the communities comprising LATAM DAO has extensive experience in onboarding, engagement, and educating people about the Near ecosystem. They also excel as sponsorship engines and message multipliers in the region.
- Education: We have experts in creating educational content, courses, guides, articles, etc in our native languages.
- Marketing and community builders: We have been sustainably growing the NEAR community in Latin America for 2 years.
- Translators: We focus on translating news and announcements about the ecosystem into Spanish and Portuguese.
- Onboarding and engagement. We have a successful social-media network and marketing program that guarantees a sustainable growth and engagement of our members.
In our presentation posts you will find detailed information about the profiles of the LATAM team members.
- List Web3 Projects and live links to Examples of Relevant Work
These communities have given rise to various projects, such as:
- NEARP2P ;https://www.nearp2p.com/
- Metademocracia : https://www.metademocracia.com/
- Education and capacitation : BOS Course grassroots users , Content
- Defix3.com : https://defix3.com/
- apolopay.app : https://www.apolopay.app/
- mintickt.com : Mintickt
- Musicfeast.io : https://musicfeast.io/
- Nearbrasil.com :https://nearbrasil.com/
- AuroraESNEAR: https://near.org/near/widget/ProfilePage?accountId=mundoaurora.near
Section 7. DAO/Project Charter/White or Litepaper and Goals
Our mission at Latam DAO is to empower the people of Latin America with the knowledge and tools to participate in web3, NEAR Protocol, and BOS Blockchain Operating System. We are committed to fostering inclusivity and accessibility to blockchain technology, with a vision to build a thriving web3 community in Latin America. Our core programs focus on education, networking, project support and onboarding, and establishing strategic partnerships. By doing so, we seek to create a dynamic and supportive ecosystem that encourages innovation and development within the Latin American blockchain community. As part of our commitment to innovation, efficiency, and improving user experience, we will integrate a CRM system with a Google Sheet CRM template and use BOS surveys in our project infrastructure.
What Problem Are You Aiming to Solve?
Our DAO aims to bridge the gap in blockchain knowledge in our native languages.
Guidance and communication: providing a closer and more direct way for local initiatives to channel funding for their projects.
Fostering collaboration within the Latin American blockchain community, providing essential support to emerging projects building on NEAR
Facilitate alliances and connections between projects
Optimize equity and transparency in budget management by beneficiary projects through personalized and direct attention.
Provide a path to empower the people of Latin America to embrace and contribute to the transformative potential of web3 technologies, NEAR Protocol, and BOS.
See document: CHARTER Latam DAO IN NDC V1
Section 8. Budget
- Projected Budget for the next three months
|Description||Month 1||Month 2||Month 3|
|Team operations & Administration||$2,500||$2,500||$2,500|
|Marketing & events +social media||$2,500||$2,500||$2,500|
|Community Grants & project support||$20,000||$20,000||$20,000|
Links to Similar Proposals from Near Foundation: No
What is the length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project: We will keep on going with our efforts while the NDC DAO program supports our initiative.
Will your team be working on this project full time: Some members will be working Part Time, some others full time.
Will your team be fully remunerated from this budget: The remuneration for our team members will be commensurate with their responsibilities and the successful execution of their tasks.
Section 9. Project/DAO longevity
- Does your project/DAO require one-time or continuous funding?
- Will your DAO/Project device way of sustaining itself after this round of funding?
The focus of this project is to promote the NEAR protocol through marketing and education, and to provide financial support for new projects and developments. This will require ongoing funding.
- What are the possible roadblocks to the success of your project/DAO?
- Adoption and Educational Barriers:
- Challenge: Limited awareness and understanding of blockchain technologies may impede adoption.
- Mitigation: Implement robust educational programs, workshops, and meetups. Utilize Fastauth and ZK to simplify concepts. Promote wallet creation through Sharddog and keypom. Use collectible art and rewards for promotion.
- Technical Complexity:
- Challenge: The technical intricacies of NEAR Protocol and BOS Blockchain may be a barrier for some community members.
- Mitigation: Provide user-friendly documentation, tutorials, and accessible resources like our BOS course for grassroots users to support skill development.
- Community Engagement:
Challenge: Sustaining active participation and engagement within the community might be challenging.
Mitigation: Foster a strong sense of community through regular events, forums, and collaborative projects. Incentivize participation with rewards, digital collectibles, and recognition.
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity:
Challenge: Latin America’s linguistic diversity may present communication challenges because most of the documentation is in English.
Mitigation: Develop multilingual materials, engage local ambassadors, and tailor communication strategies.
- Limited funding or resources can restrain the Latam DAO project’s scalability and impact.
we always appreciate your feetback we are here to build together.