Section 1 - DAO/Project Information
- Organization Name: Aurora Community DAO
- Establishment Date: [01.08.2023]
- DAO’s Category: Ecosystem
- Project’s Category: Community Led
Section 2. Previous Funding
Section 3. DAO URLs
- DAO / Project Website: Planned
- Social Media Distribution Channels: Twitter: https://twitter.com/Aurora_NDC; Telegram: Telegram: Join Group Chat; Near.Social: AuroraCommunity DAO (ac-dao.near) | Near Social;
- Target Specific Country: NO
- Support Region: International
Section 4. Applicant Information
- Name of Point of Contact: @Techdir, @Luchok, @YoNota
- Governance Forum/near.social Profile: Profile - AuroraCommunityDAO - NEAR Forum
- NEAR Wallet ID: ac-dao.near
- Wallet ID for Funds: ac-dao.near
- Country of Residence: International
- Twitter, Telegram:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Techdir8; https://twitter.com/Lukyan73119515; https://twitter.com/YoNotaa;
Telegram: @techdirector; @Lukian_001; @Notaahero;
- Additional Relevant Links: NEAR & Aurora Hunters | Twitter | Linktree
Ambassadors TG link: Telegram: Join Group Chat
NEAR Crowd: https://nearcrowd.com/
Section 5. Team Members
- @Techdir - Marketing and events lead +social media
- @Luchok - Mini grants lead
- @YoNota - Ambassadors team lead (Operation team is in the process)
Section 6. Experience
Dima: 2 year-long work in the Ecosystem. One of the first administrators of NearCrowd, which I still am to this day. I oversee the work of 2500 members and also runs a separate chat room to support members in the ecosystem and in NearCrowd. One of the TC candidates in the past election.
Techdir: 1,5 year-long work in the Ecosystem. Specifically, have been a member of the NEAR & Aurora Hunters regional community team, working towards the development of the community and the ecosystem as a whole. A tester for Ecosystem’s dApps: Hallway testing, testing newcomers, weekly dApps overview, posting dApp reviews on social media platforms.
One of the CoA candidates in the past NDC election. AMAs and Voices in the Ecosystem and for the Ecosystem.
Luchito: 2 years in the NEAR ecosystem and 1 year as a contributor and full member of the NEAR & Aurora Hunters Team. Moderated chats, worked with the community, developed quests and tasks for companies, organized AMA sessions and meetings with Techdir, created news and managed social networks. Improved the current dApps NEAR & Aurora Hunters. OG Role Holder and active member of the NDC Сommunity.
List Web3 projects completed by the team with live links:
Aurora Play - GameFI Hub
Section 7. DAO/Project Charter/White or Litepaper and Goals
- Project Overview: The Aurora Community DAO Charter encapsulates the mission to transition into the Near Digital Collective (NDC) while fostering a new phase of governance that is deeply rooted in decentralization. The vision is to create an ecosystem that is empowered, transparent, and continuously improving. Core programs are aimed at attracting new users, increasing transaction volumes, and ensuring growth and retention within the Aurora Ecosystem. The team is dedicated to these goals and aligns with the NDC’s vision of equitable power distribution and the use of decentralized technologies. The requested budget for the next three months will be detailed in the financial section of the application.
- Problem to Solve: The Aurora Community DAO is set to tackle the challenges of centralization in governance, barriers to entry for new users, and the need for increased transaction volume and user retention. By addressing these issues, the DAO aims to enhance the overall health and sustainability of the Aurora Ecosystem.
- DAO/Project Charter: The governance structure of the Aurora Community DAO is designed to distribute power equitably among community members, ensuring transparency and empowerment in decision-making. The processes involve clear guidelines for proposal submissions, voting, and implementation. Member responsibilities include active participation in governance, contribution to projects, and adherence to the DAO’s values and objectives.
- Achievement of NDC Priorities: The Aurora Community DAO’s activities are in line with the NDC’s KPIs, focusing on expanding the user base, increasing transactions, and fostering a vibrant community. The commitment to decentralization and leveraging decentralized technologies also supports the NDC’s broader goals of creating a more equitable and accessible ecosystem.
- Roadmap: The roadmap for the Aurora Community DAO includes strategic stages for the implementation of governance initiatives, community growth, and the integration of decentralized technologies. It also outlines the future stages of the DAO’s development and provides an overview of dissolution procedures, ensuring a clear path for progression and contingency planning.
*Read more in the AC-DAO Charter under the ROADMAP section.
Section 8. Budget
|AURORA COMMUNITY AND ECOSYSTEM DAO||Dec-23||Jan-24||Feb-24|
|Strategic Advisor (NeuroAdvisor)||$0||$0||$0|
|Ambassadors team lead (1)||$3,500||$3,500||$3,500|
|Ambassadors operation team (2)||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Marketing and events lead +social media (1)||$2,500||$2,500||$2,500|
|Mini grants lead (1)||$2,500||$2,500||$2,500|
|Aurora Eco Support team (3)||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|Aurora Stars Ambassador’s program||$20,000||$20,000||$20,000|
|Events and marketing||$10,000||$10,000||$10,000|
Each category is designed to support the DAO’s mission and objectives, with funds allocated to ensure the successful implementation of each task and milestone.
Similar Proposals: NO
Commitment Length: The length of commitment to delivering the project is three months, with the possibility of extension based on the DAO’s needs and the success of the initiatives. The team will be working full-time to ensure the goals and milestones outlined in the charter are met within this timeframe.
Team Remuneration: The team will be fully remunerated from this budget, with specific allocations for team members’ roles and responsibilities as outlined in the budget document. The remuneration is designed to compensate for the full-time efforts and contributions of the team towards achieving the DAO’s objectives.
Section 9. Project/DAO Longevity
- Funding Requirements: continuous funding
- Sustainability: Strategic Partnerships and Collaborations: Forming partnerships with other projects within the Aurora and NEAR ecosystems can lead to shared initiatives that provide mutual benefits and revenue-sharing opportunities.
Ambassador and mini grants Program: By leveraging the DAO’s mission to increase user engagement, the organization can set up mini grants initiatives for specific projects, allowing the DAO directly fund and support initiatives they believe in.
Treasury Management: Effective management of the DAO’s treasury, including prudent investments and savings, can ensure that the organization has a financial buffer to support its operations and initiatives.
- Possible Roadblocks: Lack of funding (Inability to continue the Ambassador Program, mini-grant program and marketing).
This proposal framework is designed to align with the Aurora Community DAO’s mission to empower and support the Aurora ecosystem through community-driven projects and initiatives, and its vision to establish Aurora and Near as a leading platforms for decentralized applications, prioritizing transparency, user engagement, and innovation, as outlined in the Aurora Community DAO Charter.