shiftshapr.near
phahsa.near
colbert6640.near

Target: bridgit-dao.sputnik-dao.near

KYC & Contract: TBD

Total Requested Funding Amount: $2550

Timeline: July 1 - July 30

Objective

The main objective is to experiment how participatory art making events that leverage NFTs and/or DAOs can support experientially learning about Web3 as well as community building, creative collective expression, and monetization. Secondary objectives are raise awareness of NEAR Ecosystem and onboard people to the NEAR Ecosystem.

The event is to celebrate the Mayan calendar’s Day Out of Time. See the Connection below about the Day Out of Time. The theme and activities will reflect inner reflection, realigning energies, letting go what no longer serves, and gratitude.

The event will be July 25th, 2022 at Panamera (pending), an amazing hotel on the beach. They will be donating the space and giving us a deal on the food (for the Tulum Beach).

Here is a private link to the draft event.

We are in the process of integrating a web3 layer whereby attendees collectively create a collection of NFTs using the art created that evening. We will also add NEAR to the flyer and the EventBrite.

BUDGET $2550
Marketing content - video, collection graphics, web page $250
Food & Beverages ($35/person * 30 people) - $825
Art Supplies (butcher paper, pens, magazines, glue * 30 people) - $331
Event support (3 people * 10 hours * $20 per hour) - $600
Event lead ($20 * 20 hours) - $400
Mintbase 7 NEAR - $24
Wallets with 1 NEAR * 30 people - $120

This will be co-marketed as part of the launch of a series of events in Mexico focused on regeneration, cognitive freedom, and collective intelligence called the Metaweb NFT and book tour.

There may be a followup proposal for the next month to create and distribute content from the event, and to provide support on the NFTs and to help the DAO promote its collection.

ABOUT THE DAY OUT OF TOWN
From The Day Out of Time - Crystalinks

the culmination of the 13 Moon Calendar year. On July 25th, Sirius (the dog star) rises with the sun. This day is observed as a day free of time in the 13 Moon Calendar. It is a day of reverence and cultural appreciation for the concept ‘Time is Art.’ This ‘free day’ is the closing of a 13x28=364 day year. The Day Out of Time re-aligns the 13 Moon calendar to the solar year and re-aligns humanity into renewed appreciation for our inherent divinity and connection to nature.

The theme of the Day Out of Time however, is universal. A day of reverence and respect for all life, a dedication to the beauty of eternal time, and an outreach of cultural and community exchange and education relative to the concept of natural time. In short, its a day to recognize unity and encourage awareness of the importance of our eternal time.

From July 25th: the mystic power of the day out of time - WeMystic

As a day free of time, it’s said to be charged with spiritual energy and with an atypical opening of energy portals, which allows a more intense connection with the spiritual world.

On July 25th we enter the day out of time portal, a place where all and nothing exists simultaneously. In the same way it re-aligns the 13 Moon calendar and solar year, it is also a special day to realign our own energies.

We need to see it as a moment of change, projection and evaluation, perfect to let go what no longer serves us and that shouldn’t be part of the new cycle that now begins. Gratitude is also one of the best exercises we can do on this date. We should be grateful especially for what has troubled us, since it has made us move forward. Perhaps it is for the difficulties we have most to thank for, receiving with equal joy the lessons they have left.

FYI… @Francesipimenteln @Cryptocoatl @thisisfah @NaruKwina @AsheShakti @deejaydev @Phahsa @godofnfts

2 Likes

Hi all
Please let me know what you think:
@hevertonharieno @FritzWorm @ted.iv @Monish016 @adrianseneca

1 Like

Hello, thanks for your proposal I have the following questions:

1. How this DAO is different from TulumCoin?
  2. Can’t find the Introduction post from Bridgit-DAO.
  3. Do you have support from other Mexico Communities?
    We have many NEAReans who are from Mexico. This is an important question because the idea is to have collaboration between all, make connections and help each other.
  4. Raise awareness as the main objective is more of a Marketing goal
  1. Onboarding events are supported by #onboarding-dao @mr_free could be your contact
  1. I dont see the need of a DAO (tooling) for your project because it is just to run a project instead of running an on-chain community. That’s also an argument to direct you to Marketing DAO.
2 Likes

Thanks @FritzWorm for your questions.

1. How this DAO is different from TulumCoin?

Bridgit DAO is a Meta DAO that launches other DAOs focused on regeneration, cognitive freedom, and collective intelligence. TulumCoin is focused on the regeneration of a specific place, Tulum. Bridgit DAO’s founder catalyzed and continues to support the development of TulumCoin. Bridgit DAO has authored a book and launched two projects: Presence and Pachaverse. Among the 12 people involved in the two DAOs, the only person in common between the two DAOs is me.

1. Can’t find the Introduction post from Bridgit-DAO.

I filled out the DAO inscription form two days ago.
Here is an INTRO post: [INTRO] Bridgit DAO

1. Do you have support from other Mexico Communities?

I came through the NEAR Hispano NCA program. I have NFTs on Nativo. I am in regular contact with several people from NEAR Hispano. I am in conversations about organizing events co-organizing events with Alan, LuzAn, and Cristian, and anticipate collaborating with others from NEAR Hispano on events in Mexico. I also have Mexican colleagues in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Mexico City that I will be organizing events with this summer.

1. Raise awareness as the main objective is more of a Marketing goal
  2. Onboarding events are supported by #onboarding-dao @mr_free could be your contact

Good point. The main objective is better written as: to experiment how participatory art making events that leverage NFTs and/or DAOs can support experientially learning about Web3 as well as community building, creative collective expression, and monetization. I will update in the post.

1. I dont see the need of a DAO (tooling) for your project because it is just to run a project instead of running an on-chain community. That’s also an argument to direct you to Marketing DAO.

I agree with you that a DAO is not absolutely needed. People can certainly make collective decisions without a DAO. Especially in a project where there is a clear end to the timeline. However given that experiential learning is part of the main objective, my thought was that this is a great opportunity for people to get a taste of being in a DAO.

Thanks for the update, glad I asked because it was created 38 minutes ago, so it didn’t exist when you filled the form two days ago right?

1 Like

@FritzWorm
Yes, that’s right. I thought I had posted it but it was a different project.

Hi,

Most of the content here seems to me in the scope of @marketingdao-council

@creativesdao-council

I personally don’t see how this is a creative proposal.

Hello
Nice idea, but I think too expensive for an experiment with 30 participants.
Also, who are these 30 participants?!
According to the agenda, there is no time for onboarding/learning, even if it will happen, it will be superficial knowledge.
2022-07-09_162418

Onboarding-dao could support creating new wallets by providing linkdrop-links with sums enough to create new wallet.

Also, I think, the event theme (The Day out of Time) is closer to spiritual-dao.

3 Likes

Hi @Cryptonaut

I personally don’t see how this is a creative proposal.

I will make it very clear.

Production of art is creative. Thus drawing and collage are both creative. Curation of art and creating digital images to be turned into NFTs is also a creative process.

The creative aspects of proposal are:

1. Each person creating art on table tops covered with butcher paper and on 5x7 cards
  2. Each person using taking digital images of the created art that they find compelling
  3. Each person curating and enhancing the digital images to make NFTs that are part of the event’s NFT collection

Please let me know if you ned further clarification of how the event is creative

Hi @mr_free

Thanks for the excellent questions. I appreciate your thoroughness as it helps me improve the proposal.

Nice idea

Yes, I find it very interesting as well. Thanks :grin:

but I think too expensive for an experiment with 30 participants.

If I can get the price the meals down 15-20%, that will enable more participants (assuming we can get a larger room) or lower total cost. Would that be acceptable to you?

Also, who are these 30 participants?!

Tulum locals and maybe a few tourists. We will promote in the emerging Tulum Guild, Tulum crypto community (many of whom have never made or had a NFT), the Tulum regenerative community, the Tulum art community, the hotel’s community, and Tulum health and wellbeing community…

According to the agenda, there is no time for onboarding/learning, even if it will happen, it will be superficial knowledge.

You are absolutely right! That was simply a draft agenda. I have updated as follows.

Agenda
6-6:15p Networking
6:15-6:30p Introduction including talk about Day out of Time
6:30-8p Create Art Session - drawing and/or collaging
8-8:45p Plant-Based Dinner and group conversation abou t the theme
8:45-9p Introduce NEAR, get NEAR wallet and event NFT, and learn about how we will collaborate to create a Day Out of Time themed NFT collection
9-9:55p Create NFT session - drawing and/or collaging, taking photos of the art, creating digtial images for NFTs, minting NFTs
9:55-10p Closing out, next steps for finalizing and promoting the collection
Art supplies provided, how to learn more about NEAR and Mintbase

To be clear, the learning here is not by listening and it extends beyond the event. The specific Web3 learning experiences will be:

1. Creating a custom NEAR wallet through a Satori campaign
  2. Receiving a NFT via a Satori campaign
  3. Reviewing the wallet and the NFT within in
  4. Minting an NFT for the event’s NFT collection
  5. Sharing about the event’s NFT collection

Onboarding-dao could support creating new wallets by providing linkdrop-links with sums enough to create new wallet.

Do you want me to pull the cost of new wallets out of this and submit to Onboarding-dao?

Also, I think, the event theme (The Day out of Time) is closer to spiritual-dao.

The theme of the event is not the main point. The theme could be anything. This is about proving a model that could lead to an open source event model that connects participatory art experiences with Web3 and brings people interested in a creative art experience into the Web3/NEAR world. If this experiment is successful, we will have content that can be used to do a series of the events where the participants pay for entrance. These type of participatory art events have been going in the Bay Area via Late Nite Art for years but they have never had a Web3 component and thus people just walk away with memories. Our hypothesis is that in this new version, they will also walk away with an understanding of NFTs, the experiential knowledge of having created on, and an interest in a collection of NFTs that they helped create. If this works, it meaningfully add Web3 into an IRL participatory art experience creating a model that can replicated across the world.

Thus, the theme of the event is immaterial. I chose the Day Out of Time, because I believe it will be a good draw in Tulum for the time year, as it is a way acknowledging and honoring the local Mayan culture. It may be considered spiritual, but I consider it self knowledge. The Day Out of Town can be seen practically as a time to reset for the upcoming year by making intentions, figuring out what one wants to leave behind, and expressing gratitude for what one has. This reset is just another benefit of attending, and something that I think will be a strong draw.

Good evening, what stands for $24? Thanks

Sorry, No, this will not fit the onboarding-dao rules, onboarding-dao supports events with a budget less than 500$.

2 Likes

Hi @Dacha

It was for 24 dollars and probably should have been $21, but I have removed the DAO from the proposal to make it less complex.

@FritzWorm : I removed the DAO. I am also looking to get the price for the food down by 15-20%. If I can do that, will you support the proposal?

1 Like

Could you please fill out the form? Thanks

Hi @Dacha

I made a copy of the form and filled it in at:

Note that I cut the budget for food by 15%, which is reflected in the spreadsheet and also the latest update to proposal, saving about $200.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Dacha @FritzWorm

Is it still possible to move this project forward?

Hello, please contact any of the @creativesdao-council here: t.me/CreativeGuilds

Hi @FritzWorm

I just dropped a post in the Telegram. I asked them to make a comment of support on the forum post today. I hope that is the correct ask.

Hi @creativesdao-mods!

@FritzWorm suggested that I reach out to you.

I am wondering if I can get your support for an experimental event that seeks to bring together a particatory art project where people create art together one evening (drawing and collage) and then create an NFT collection.

I think this could be a new type of event that could be done anywhere to bring together the communities to create Art and NFTs together. I think ultimately people will be willing to pay to participate in these types of event. This proposal is just to test out and refine the model.

Please put a comment today if you support this, as I am running out of time to lock in the venue for July 25th and to make promotions.

Hi @creativesdao-mods!

1. If you all want me to look for a less expensive place, I am sure I can find a nice place in town where the food will be several hundred dollars less. I had chosen Hotel Panamera, since they have a beautiful property on the beach that will make beautiful content to share about the event and to promote future events. They are also giving us the room for free for four hours because buy food so I thought it was a fair tradeoff.

Or we could limit the event to 20 people to cut costs if necessary.

2. I have brought on @vegantraveller to partner on the event. She has extensive experience in creating content and social media, so we be able to really showcase this event and have imagery to promote the NFTs and future events.

3. After the event, I will write up a short guide for anyone who wants to do a similar event anywhere in the world.

I am open feedback.

Thank you for your kind consideration!

P.s., here is Bridgit DAO’s latest weekly update: