A small progress report and a summary of the work done until now.
Two applications created:
1.) CLI paper wallets generator (OSS, GitHub repository)
- Contains an npm package, which can be used from other applications. Working well with CLI application (file-based storage). Still cannot make it work with browser local storage.
- 3 simple example scripts to create, sweep and delete paper wallets (see the
examples/ directory). Usage:
node ./examples/create-wallet.js -a 2
node ./example/sweep-wallet.js -w paper-xxxxx.aaa.testnet -r other_user.testnet
node ./examples/delete-wallet.js -w paper-xxxxx.aaa.testnet
More usage documentation is provided in the GitHub repository.
The result from these scripts is a single JSON file with format:
Not very exciting, except maybe for CLI nerds, but a great way to prototype new designs: create the JSON file and feed it to some GUI application to create QR codes and some fancy wrapping art.
Web paper wallet generator as React SPA (OSS, GitHub repository)
This one has pretty much all needed functionality implemented - create wallets, sweep wallets, show QR codes, print wallets.
!!! Live application is deployed on IPFS for everybody to try it. !!!
More documentation is provided in the GitHub repository, but the short story is:
Login button - Login to the application (NEAR wallet approval)
Create new button - enter initial funding amount and create a paper wallet (NEAR wallet approval)
Show button - will show the two QR codes - public and private. You can also Print the wallet from here
Sweep - because this requires NEAR wallet changes, at the moment scanning QR code and sweeping is impossible. That’s why there is this Sweep button - enter the receiver of the funds (can send them to yourself) and sweep the whole amount.
- create a video with applications presentation in Loom or on YouTube and apply for the 30 NEAR award
- If there is still time, create a very simple stand-alone sweeper application:
- Get the receiver address
- Scan the private QR code - get wallet account id and private key from there
- Sweep the funds and send them to the receiver.