[Proposal] Lullabies for the End of the World

Chapbook Proposal

Proponent: AshleyC

NEAR account for payment: ashleyc.near

Project duration: 25 days (June 5th to June 30th)

Requested amount: 300 USD in DAI

Project name: Lullabies for the End of the World

Objectives

To create a collection of 4 poetic elegies touching on topics such as deforestation, the looming threat of climate change, the domination of monocultures, and the growing disconnection between humans and nature.

Description

This project would fund the creation of an NFT chapbook published with original photography on the Writer’s Guild mintbase store with revenue and royalties split with 25% of each going to the Writer’s Guild and 75% to myself.

Being a global and diverse ecosystem, I believe that the NEAR community would benefit from hearing voices which amplify our attention towards our immediate surroundings and the climate events which are irrevocably altering our ways of life.

Project timeline

June 5th to June 7th: Create the skeleton of the chapbook in Adobe Indesign

June 7th - 15th: Write and place poems.

June 16th to 25th: Revisions and visual design.

June 26th to 28th: Final Revision

June 29th to 30th: Minting of chapbook on the Writer’s Guild Mintbase Store. Final Report.

Budget

200 USD in DAI to fund the creative process of writing and taking photographs.

100 USD in DAI for working on the visual layout, creating files for mint and minting process

TOTAL: 300 USD in DAI

Final deliveries

1. One Chapbook minted as an NFT on the Writer’s Guild store on mintbase, with 25% of royalties to the Writer’s Guild DAO and 75% to myself.
2 Likes

Mid-Report:

The timeline for my project was delayed by the delay in receiving funding.

I am roughly 80% finished the chapbook. I have a rough copy which I would like to continue editing for a few more days and then I will post the project on the Writer’s Guild Mintbase store.

Here is an expanded view of the current layout of the chapbook. All photographs were either taken this month or selected from photos I had taken this past winter. The poems themselves are also finished.

I plan to have the remaining steps of tweaking the layout and then minting the work done by July 6th.

3 Likes

Final Report!

The book has been minted on Mintbase with revenue split 75% to myself and 25% to the Writer’s Guild Store.

The most difficult part of this process was creating a layout for the book as I have very little design experience. In the future, if I were to propose something similar to this project, I would try to onboard a designer to the ecosystem and have them help me create more visual coherence and cohesion.

Here is the final product: https://www.mintbase.io/thing/9Q4goXDgynmiNOc3piGHEouVPqc5XR4xNdLfY4mLNyw:writersguild.mintbase1.near

4 Likes