Hi @mecsbecs & team, hope you’re well //
Ola @mecsbecs e equipa, boa tarde e espero que esteja bem,
We’re happy to be submitting this proposal for the Lisbon hacknode. In line with your overall proposal our aims are to bring people together in ideation & developing with the Near ecosystem. We’re going to be targeting individuals and organisations that can add value and be creative within & using the Near protocol.
In terms of logistics, we’re lucky to be able to provide our own venue so we get to save on organisational time & cost there. Our plan is to use the main indoor space of our arts venue which is a large open space with a bar, kitchen & toilets. We’ll set-up desks for 30+ people and staff the event. We also have a large screen with projector, sound system with microphones and TVs for working and presenting.
For promotion & communications, we’ll be starting independent communication channels for the event which can then be repurposed for the city node afterwards. We’ll also make use of our mailing list, social media channels and community to promote the event - specifically the opening and closings.
The project will tie in with our weekly events calendar in which we have cultural events everyday which you can see on our facebook page. The idea is that around 17 - 18h, the events will begin and the hackathon will naturally filter into a casual environment where the participants will be able to stay in the events afterwards [TBC].
Schedule [1st draft, to be developed]
27/08 - 11/09
Monday - Friday: 10am - 18h
Opening day: presentations 15h, networking 17h onwards
Closing talks: closing talks 15h
Initially we had thought the budget proposed in the global hackathon was in NEAR so had budgeted for a 11day event which of course meant a larger budget. Between the initial proposal and now (03/09) the value of NEAR has increased greatly and we also have a better understanding of our actual costs / time spent, so the below budget is an up to date representation and the NEAR estimates are taken at 4.50€ which has a factor of conservatism included for fluctuations.
Staffing & Operations cost - 1024.6NEAR. Target: equipadoarroz.sputnikdao.near
- Events Management & production @halisonlp / @TRosario - total time spent = 3 weeks each. Requested: 834NEAR
- Project & promotions lead: @StevenR - total time spent, 1 week. Requested: 139NEAR
- Graphic Design: @ericadoo - total time spent, 2 days. Requested: 51.6NEAR
- Dev / Facilitator cost - not applicable as yet
Venue, total - 2925€ = 650NEAR. Target address is arrozestudios.near
- Space & Equipment hire (11days) - 1650€ = 367NEAR
- Venue staffing costs, Food & drinks (1 member of staff for food & drink prep, 11 days assuming average of 10 people/ day, lunch + 1 drink)- [week 1 was 480€, so estimate a total of 1k€] = 222 NEAR
- Enhanced internet connection, 274€ for 11 days = 61NEAR
Total requested: 1674.6NEAR
Timeline [1st draft, to be developed]
- Initial kick-off with the team [week beginning 09/08]
- Event assets production [week beginning 09/08]
- Event launch [week beginning 16/08]
- Promotion [16/08 - end]
- Intro workshop: What is a hackathon [25/08]
- Hackathon opening day [27/08]
- Mid-hackathon review [02/09]
- Hackathon closing day [11/09]
- Reporting & feedback [w/b 13/08]
Deliverables & payment schedule [1st draft, to be developed]
- On event launch 33%
- On start of event 33%
- On close of event 33%
The payout address is: lisboa-hack.sputnikdao.near
Please let us know if you have any questions //
Por favor, informe-me de quaisquer comentários ou perguntas. Grato como sempre