[Approved] Boneyard Gaming Oct 2023 Podcast/Social Media/Content creation budget

Project: Boneyard Gaming Community

Astro DAO transfer - https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-882

Boneyard Gaming Community budget October 2023
Est. August 2022 - The Boneyard Gaming Community is on a global level and everything supported with the English language.

Report to previous months funding - September Report

Previous funding:
September - [Approved] Boneyard Gaming Sept 2023 Podcast/Social Media/Content creation budget

Links:
Boneyard Gaming Discord
Boneyard Gaming Twitter
billybones1 Twitter
Soos Twitter
TikTok
Youtube
Linktree
Website

Hello @marketingdao-council,

Since our last funding we’ve continued the podcast and have doubled, yes you read that correct, doubled our views. We now average 100+ views and getting more and more founders on to talk and showcase what they’re building. I also give that Near option to use Near if they aren’t already. Decent growth and gradually attaining the attention of fellow gaming content creators and the Near community.

Goals:

Without a clear scope of KPIs from the MDAO we went with what we’re good at in gaming and the Near Community. It seems hosting Near podcasts hangs onto the Near community while expanding to gaming from across the board. Numbers have never been better at this point and as always excited to continue growing. Our goals will be to continue updating the community on Near about NDC and governance. While also covering gaming as its our bread and butter.

Team:

Host - billybones1 - United States
Co-host - Soos - Philippines

billybones1 has created the grassroots community Boneyard Gaming in late 2022. In his free time, he built out a Discord with my skills learned from moderating in the past. It has since grown beyond his expectations. Boneyard Gaming has evolved into a community that explores the newest game releases on Near and various other game-related blockchain networks. Within this community, we engage in socializing, playtesting alpha game builds.

Soos is also a core team member of NEKO as the Learn to Earn Manager, one of the hosts of the Neko Morning Show, and Neko content creator. He’s passionate about web3 and NEAR, Soos loves to share his knowledge and insights through, making videos, and creating educational content to help new users. He is an ex-Overwatch E-sports pro and his insights from competitive gaming is a vital resource for these live sessions. Content creation and blockchain awareness is what Soos loves to educate.

Deliverables:

I’m happy to say I created a free website on GoDaddy that I linked above highlighting our podcast. Its simple, but its free and I encourage anyone to do on a low budget. It costs nothing but time. I do own boneyardgaming.gg but the costs and time it takes to upkeep a website at this time doesn’t seem plausible yet.

Joe Explains how Shard Dog can onboard not only users but projects to Near with the unnoticeable tech in Keypom.

We continue to grow our reach on most platforms and now have the attention of over 179 followers this month. Thats 29 more than last months growth. We’re successfully conducting 8 podcasts last month with a few short -form content clips. I’m ecstatic to deliver a podcast that doubled our views and gained hundreds of followers over this time. This was our goal to gain hundreds of viewers per pod and we’ve succeeded. Lets double that again this year!

We continue to have some small talk to get to know the founders/CEOs of these projects. I feel it gives the crypto community some peace of mind when investing at the same time trust before utilizing their products. At this point, I think we got every single person on the pod to have a good laugh. Cheeky smile montage on the way? :thinking:

In order to track and share the KPIs we’ll be utilizing a social media score. At the top of this proposal you can see the report to last months funding. If more info is needed I would be happy to share our growth. We’ve seen our best numbers yet. I would also like to point out that this growth is with just a couple minor giveaways on top of the awesome content. I believe growing your base following is most critical when starting out. We can double those numbers again with good content and great guests . Allow me to oblige.

Relevant Experience:

I’ve been involved in the near ecosystem since January 2022. I started off as an active community member who was looking for their next favorite video game. I quickly became a moderator/community manager in several projects which led to me quitting my full-time job as a shipping supervisor for a small Chinese company. The experience gained there and previous other jobs in office admin and customer service primed me for what I do today. If you haven’t heard me say this before, I’m a lifelong passionate gamer since the original Nintendo days. I’ve been Jr. trading crypto for the past 2-3 years and found gaming in the 2021 P2E bubble. I am also a part of a couple gaming guilds I recently joined a couple gaming guilds to get a feel of what a gaming guild is. Both of which have just started and a perfect opportunity to watch and see how one is built out. I’ve also invited Soos to join as well so we both learn.

As mentioned above Soos is the L2E Manager at NEKO (Good Fortunate Felines) and one of the hosts for the NEKO Morning Show. Once we found the streaming platform they ran with it. The Boneyard Gaming podcast looks to replicate that success on multiple channels as well. Soos loves to educate and has even managed a pro E-Sports gaming team for the game Overwatch. This is prevalent to our mission and his views and knowledge are a pillar in what this project is. He has been helping me co-host these spaces since February. Us both being core team members of NEKO has sparked our chemistry, love for games, and crypto. Which is the reason I’ve invited him as a co-host to these lives.

Funding for the month of October 2023:

1 month of Podcasts - 8 sessions ~1.5 hours each (see metrics above)

Time spent hosting (~3 hours each) + Time spent prepping (~2-4+hours each)

A podcast takes much more work than a Twitter spaces. We have to prep earlier and do sound and video checks for us and the guests. I’ve made a video intro that can change every podcast with pics relating to the guests.

Outreach/scheduling/flyers/research/organization - 350USDC per session (2800USDC/month)

Total monthly requested: 2800USD

If the MDAO thinks it makes sense to do more than 1 month, I would be interested.

1 Like

Thank you for your proposal.

Unfortunately, I will not support this proposal for this month’s funding.

NB: I have nothing against the quality of your content or the team’s experience.

Reasons:

-Despite receiving funding for the past three months, your channels need more improvements and user engagement.

-Most of your YouTube views range from 1 to 15, and your other social media engagement is low, making it difficult to continue supporting you.

-I do not see how this proposal will help us meet our October core values and KPIs.

I encourage you to work on your channels and user engagement and apply next month.

Other members may see the other side and support it.

1 Like

GM @Bakaka,

Thanks for reviewing my proposal.

As for your comment, I’d like to point out a few bullet points.

• I’m focused on TikTok right now in order to go live at 1K followers.
  • Views have 5x since we got MDAO funding.
  • Last Month was our best month yet.

In order to improve YouTube we would need to shift focus and foster what you’ve mentioned.

1 Like

Hi @billybones1 congrats on the growth in numbers. What you’ve outlined above is helpful in terms of explaining your content and growth in viewers, but what we need to see as part of the reviews is how initiatives will align with and further the NDC KPIs we have for October. Here’s the rundown on what the MarketingDAO council needs to understand about the project in order to continue to allocate funding for another month:

Here is a link to the MarketingDAO Guidelines for October that were posted on the forum. They contain the NDC’s KPIs we are asked to focus on for allocating this month’s funds.

I’ll paste them here so it’s easier to review:

Please use the following metrics that will be used for tracking individual initiatives’ performance by Marketing (Eco) DAO. All the metrics must be attributable to the relevant project/initiative through on-chain activity and off-chain reporting, ensuring GDPR compliance and preserving privacy:

1. Accounts retention after 1/2/4/8 weeks — the percentage of accounts who continue interacting on the chain over a given time period (higher is better)
  2. Account acquisition cost — budget divided by the number of accounts interacting through the funded initiative (lower is better)
  3. Median number of dApps used by P95 accounts retained for 1+ week (higher is better)
  4. Number of accounts retained for 1+ week using at least three dApps (higher is better)
  5. Social engagement score — some compound metric of the number of posts, likes, and followers/views in social media produced by the users.

Let’s take this example: Why should Marketing (Eco) DAO fund Project X?

1. Project X should have a clear goal and target audience
  2. Project X should bring improvements to several metrics listed above

Based on the above, can you share:

• Most recent report for latest funding that shows metrics/growth
  • Which of the above KPIs your initiative will use if funding is received
  • How you will track and share the results with MDAO so we can have visibility into the results?

The reality is that MDAO has 35+ pending proposals for limited funds, so we are acting with extra care to fund the highest impact activities and projects as we move into mid-Q4.

Thanks!

1 Like

Good afternoon @so608,

I’ve linked the report to last months proposal and gave more analytics than before. I have updated this proposal with a means to reflect the social engagement score. This should help make your valuation clearer than me saying we got this many followers and views.

Take note, its from September and AVG views for October are already around 2x in growth. Others are now starting to network with me and I’m getting some well known projects as well as Near KOLs. Many have never heard of Near Protocol and they all need that Near BD meeting to at least have Near as an option.

Thanks for the info and let me know if you need more. As always I appreciate you guys taking the time to review.

1 Like

Hello @billybones1 . I am happy to support you, because

But in November, your proposal should be aligned with NDC goals and KPIs.

I also suggest you join Gaming DAO, which focuses on game development in NDC. Your expertise and experience will be super helpful!

1 Like

Hey Dacha,

Thanks for your feedback and support. Your advise means a lot to me.

I’ve been barking up that tree since Human Guild lol. We had Evgeny (Haenko) on the podcast in August I believe. Talk of a new consul were spoken. :eyes:

1 Like

Hi @billybones1 thanks for your proposal. I note your replies to comments by fellow council and would ask that you ensure that you fully align with the new KPIs going forward. Happy to support

1 Like

Dear Marketing (Eco) DAO contributor, your application was approved by Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO. The approved proposal included in October’s request to NDC Trust.

Please advise that during this transition period (NDC v0-v1), the following applications’ approval procedure:

1. :green_circle: October 21 - 25th time for proposals from the Community, updates accordingly to NDC Metrics;
  2. :green_circle: October 26 reviewing by MDAO councils, approval on governance forum, and creation post-request to NDC (House of Merit , CoA, NDC trust);
  3. :yellow_circle: October 27-31st, House of Merit (HOM) will review your proposal;
  4. :red_circle: October 31 – HOM will vote for your proposal on-chain;
  5. :red_circle: November 1, in case of successful approval by HOM, HOM will pass the request to COA to vote on-chain;
  6. :red_circle: November 2nd-6th – CoA will review your proposal and vote on-chain (can veto);
  7. Once the CoA gives its approval, the NDC Trustees will carry out the transaction, provided that the expenses align with the Trust’s objectives;

So, during this time, please

1. Fill out the form to pass KYC KYC Request Form (if not yet)
  2. Wait for future instruction from Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO and an invitation to create a transfer on Astro DAO.
  3. Please join NDC Marketing HUB Telegram: Contact @ndc_marketing
  4. Please get in touch with me on telegram @kmotiv 24/7 if you have any questions.

Dear @billybones1 !
Our request to NDC trust has been approved. So please, create a transfer from Marketing DAO treasure to your wallet. Marketing DAO Proposal Funding Guide - Updated August 2023

1 Like

Thanks you @dacha,

I’ve proposed a transfer just now and edited the above proposal with the link. I’ll drop it here as well for ease of access. As always, thanks for the support.

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-882

EDIT - I’ve posted another transfer with the correct amount, my bad. The links above has been update to reflect this.

1 Like