[Closed] Boneyard Gaming Monthly Podcast and SMM budget November 2023

Project: Boneyard Gaming

Boneyard Gaming Podcast/SMM budget November 2023
Est. August 2022 - The Boneyard Gaming is on a global level and everything supported with the English language.

Reports to previous months funding:
August 2023
September 2023
October 2023

Previous funding:
June 2023
August 2023
September 2023
October 2023

Links:
Boneyard Gaming Discord
Boneyard Gaming Twitter
billybones1 Twitter
Soos Twitter
TikTok
Youtube
Linktree
Website

Metrics Link
Boneyard Gaming Metrics Google doc

Hello @marketingdao-council,

Since our last funding we’ve continued the podcast and have more than doubled, yes you read that correct, more than doubled our views. This We now average 227+ views and getting more and more founders on to talk and showcase what they’re building. I also give that Near option to use Near if they aren’t already.

Decent growth and gradually attaining the attention of fellow gaming content creators and the Near community. We look to push what we’ve seen announced at Nearcon with tons to cover for the rest of the month.

Goals:

Numbers have never been better at this point and as always excited to continue growing. Our goals will be to continue updating the community on Near tech and NDC. While also covering gaming as its our bread and butter. Coming from us as OG community members with a non-technical background I feel it makes it easier to digest for our watchers. I also get great feedback about how I ask about the builders rather than what they’re building to get a persanal feeling to get to know them. it makes for a safer space and trust layer most hosts don’t really ask about.

As seen on the last months report we hit 227 AVG views per pod. I would like to set an achievable goal of 250 views/pod and a stretch goal of 275 views/pod.

Another Goal is to grow the YouTube channel as its a trusted source for short-form, long-form, and live content. All avenues we use. At the time of this proposal we have 114 subscribers and look to get as many as possible. Goal is set to 150. With a stretch goal of 200. Ultimately 500 in hopes to monetize one day.

I’m awaiting our Shard Dogs I created with AI tech for a weekly drop to promote the pod and reward attendance. I look to utilize the Heroes Build platform this month to create some bounties and push content creation and txs on Near. This will raise awareness of Near and all things that need explanation of Nearcon 2023.

As most people will be busy with the upcoming holidays I will look to focus on more educational video editing on latest news on Near. I feel video that highlight key points in what’s new are very valuable as I learned many of us don’t read. We look forward to these pods/spaces to learn and I think videos have just as much value.

Team:

Host/SMM - billybones - United States
Co-host - Soos - Philippines

billybones has created the grassroots community Boneyard Gaming in late 2022. In his free time, he built out a Discord with my skills learned from moderating in the past. It has since grown beyond his expectations. Boneyard Gaming has evolved into a community that explores the newest game releases on Near and various other game-related blockchain networks. Within this community, we engage in socializing, playtesting alpha game builds.

Soos is also a core team member of NEKO as the Learn to Earn Manager, one of the hosts of the Neko Morning Show, and Neko content creator. He’s passionate about web3 and NEAR, Soos loves to share his knowledge and insights through, making videos, and creating educational content to help new users. He is an ex-Overwatch E-sports semi-pro and his insights from competitive gaming is a vital resource for these live sessions. Content creation and blockchain awareness is what Soos loves to educate.

Deliverables:

So we’ve been focusing on TikTok recently and excited to announce our application to go live on their platform has been accepted!!! I will start streaming the podcast after some testing and set up as I will have to utilize their streaming platform at the same time as Restream. This will present a little more difficulty but will be worth the work as TikTok live should give a considerable amount of views to the pod.

I also started streaming to Kick this month. I suspect it won’t have as much growth as TikTok has but another streaming avenue to start growing on. This will be a total of 5 platforms we stream to. I’m also looking into Instagram for the 6th platform to stream to. I hear they’re experimenting with NFT sales for artists soon so I think it will be good to dip my feet into with this news.

Scott Herman of WAGMI Games Pod

We continue to grow our reach on most platforms and now have the attention of over 234 followers this month. Thats 50+ more than last months growth. We’re successfully conducting 8 podcasts last month with a few short-form content clips. I’m ecstatic to deliver a podcast that doubled our views and gained hundreds of followers over this time. This was our goal to gain hundreds of viewers per pod and we’ve succeeded. We wanted to double our views by the end of the year and done it in a month!

We continue to have some small talk to get to know the founders/CEOs of these projects. I feel it gives the crypto community some peace of mind when investing at the same time trust before utilizing their products. This could also help with friction onboarding the crypto curious see the other side of the builders.

In order to track and share the KPIs we’ll be utilizing a social media score. At the top of this proposal you can see the report to last months funding. If more info is needed I would be happy to share our growth. We’ve seen our best numbers yet. I would also like to point out that this growth is with just a couple minor giveaways on top of the awesome content. I believe growing your base following is most critical when starting out. We aim to double those numbers again as fast as possible with good content and great guests!

Relevant Experience:

I’ve been involved in the near ecosystem since January 2022. I started off as an active community member who was looking for their next favorite video game. I quickly became a moderator/community manager in several projects which led to me quitting my full-time job as a shipping supervisor for a small Chinese company. The experience gained there and previous other jobs in office admin and customer service primed me for what I do today. If you haven’t heard me say this before, I’m a lifelong passionate gamer since the original Nintendo days. I’ve been Jr. trading crypto for the past 2-3 years and found gaming in the 2021 P2E bubble. I am also a part of a couple gaming guilds I recently joined a couple gaming guilds to get a feel of what a gaming guild is. Both of which have just started and a perfect opportunity to watch and see how one is built out. I’ve also invited Soos to join as well so we both learn.

As mentioned above Soos is the L2E Manager at NEKO (Good Fortunate Felines) and one of the hosts for the NEKO Morning Show. Once we found the streaming platform they ran with it. The Boneyard Gaming podcast looks to replicate that success on multiple channels as well. Soos loves to educate and has even managed a pro E-Sports gaming team for the game Overwatch. This is prevalent to our mission and his views and knowledge are a pillar in what this project is. He has been helping me co-host these spaces since February. Us both being core team members of NEKO has sparked our chemistry, love for games, and crypto. Which is the reason I’ve invited him as a co-host to these lives.

Funding request for the month of November 2023:

1 month of Podcasts - 8 sessions ~1.5 hours each (see metrics above)

Billyones - Host:
Time spent per episode (~3 hours each)
Time spent prepping (~2-4+ hours each)
SMM minutes per episode (~30 minutes)
Short-form video editing ~2 hours per short (amount varies usually 1-2 per pod)

Outreach/scheduling/flyers/research/organization/short-form video editing/Hosting/game testing/Discord+SMM management - 350USDC per session (2400USDC/month)

Soos: Co-host:
Time spent per episode (~1+ hours each x8)
Co-Host/moderator - 50USDC per session (400USDC/month)

Total monthly requested: 2800USD

Target wallet: boneyardgaming.near
Wallet owner: billybones

2 Likes

Hi @billybones1 thanks for the proposal. Congrats on the growth reported above. Here is a link to the MarketingDAO Guidelines for November that were posted on the forum. They contain the NDC’s KPIs we are asked to focus on for allocating this month’s funds.

I note that you are a regular contributor to the ecosystem. I appreciate your team’s time spent contributing to the community and the recent growth in views, but I can’t support this proposal. Here are my reasons:

1. When evaluating proposals, we ask:

Why should Marketing (Eco) DAO fund Project X?

1. Project X should have a clear goal and target audience
  2. Project X should bring improvements to several metrics listed above

There is not a clear, definitive answer to #2 for me based on what you have proposed.

1. We are restructuring the way we fund content. In my view, we are moving beyond the era where we fund individual content contributors/teams to produce content the same way month after month with modest growth/traction. There are benefits to content production, but we are in a moment now where we need to closely focus on on-chain activity.

You mentioned a number of interesting ideas above such as:

I’m awaiting our Shard Dogs I created with AI tech for a weekly drop to promote the pod and reward attendance. I look to utilize the Heroes Build platform this month to create some bounties and push content creation and txs on Near. This will raise awareness of Near and all things that need explanation of Nearcon 2023.

I think initiatives like those are well worth exploring and may align better for funding in the future.

I encourage you to reapply once we have released the new content funding structure – coming soon.

2 Likes

Hey @so608,

I would just like to say if its not clear we push education and awareness on Near through the proposal I apologize. The goal would be to have the community learn about recent events and how to utilize Near platforms in digestible chunks. The audience would obviously be the Near community and the communities of the other chains project we host. Most people have NEVER heard of Near.

I also talk with games building on other chains and give them the Near option by setting up meeting with the Near BD team. We recently had a walkthrough on how to use Jump DeFi and will have Starpause this Friday to showcase what Heroes Build is doing and their recent updates.

This all brings engagement to the chain.

I appreciate the time spent looking.