Dear Near Community!
House of Merit is hiring candidates for the positions:
- NDC external BD program lead;
- Near Digital Collective KYC Solution for Payments lead;
- Near Digital Collective operations lead
- P-1: Widening Adoption of NEAR;
- P-1.2: Onboard Successful Projects
- NDC Budget Subcategory code HOM-003P-1-2
Type: to hire
NDC external BD program lead, your primary role will be identifying, assessing, and onboarding various projects onto the Near blockchain, facilitating the interaction between users and products. Successful project onboarding is key to achieving this goal.
Blockchain is a platform where the users meet products. That’s why it is important to provide a good set of products off the shelf to the users. Successfully operated projects are the shortest path to widespread adoption.
Here are some projects that can be onboarded:
Web3: Metamask, Brave, OpenSea, Etherscan
Web2 and social: Medium, Reddit, WordPress (40% of the websites), Discourse
(standard for web3 governance), Discord, TickTok, Telegram — spam protection, anti-
fake, user engagement
- Mass market: supermarket chains, clothes brands, restaurant chains — loyalty
- Entertainment: concert organizers, sports events organizers, collectibles, Comicon —
ticketing and gamification
- Online services: DuoLingo, AirBnB, Booking.com, Uber, Bolt, E-loop, FinTech - loyalty
programs and gamification
- B2B: logistic companies, real estate, FinTech, TelCom — reduction of the costs and/or risks
Project Identification: Identify potential projects across different sectors such as Web3, Web2 and social, mass market, entertainment, online services, and B2B that can benefit from blockchain integration.
Project Assessment: Evaluate the compatibility and feasibility of integrating specific projects with the Near blockchain
Onboarding Planning: Develop detailed onboarding plans, considering project-specific requirements and objectives. Collaborate with internal teams to define the scope and goals of each onboarding process.
Collaboration: Build and maintain relationships with project representatives, including developers, stakeholders, and decision-makers, to foster collaboration and ensure successful onboarding.
Technical Integration: Coordinate technical aspects of the onboarding process, including smart contract development, API integration, and data migration.
User Engagement: Implement strategies to enhance user engagement on the blockchain platform, such as implementing anti-spam and anti-fake measures.
Loyalty Programs: Work closely with businesses in the mass market, online services, and B2B sectors to integrate and optimize loyalty programs using blockchain technology.
Gamification: Integrate gamification elements into projects within the entertainment, online services, and FinTech sectors, enhancing user experiences.
Documentation: Maintain comprehensive records of the onboarding process, including project requirements, milestones, and outcomes.
Feedback and Improvement: Solicit feedback from project partners and internal stakeholders to improve the onboarding process continuously.
NDC external BD program lead reports directly to the House of Merit. Budgeting, funding, and reports are subject to regulation by Near Digital Collective Grassroots DAOs, projects, individual contributors funding, onboarding and operations guide and NDC budget approved by the Near Consent (Voting Body) . NDC external BD program lead is responsible for hiring necessary teams to execute CoA priorities and set up the team’s remuneration.
- P-2: Public Goods;
- P-2.1: KYC Solution for Payments;
- NDC Budget Subcategory code HOM-003P-2-1
Type: to hire
The ideal candidate will establish and manage a robust KYC solution for payments, ensure compliance with legal requirements, and integrate seamlessly with NDC (Near Digital Collective) tooling.
Many projects in the NEAR ecosystem are facing the need to make payouts to third parties (grants, bug bounties, etc). Usually, such payouts are connected with the need for KYC procedures. At least one convenient solution for performing such KYC checks should be present in the NEAR ecosystem.
A legal entity that will serve the KYC solution (only)
Signed KYC Provider
Guidelines to use the KYC solution
Integrate NDC tooling with KYC provider
Number of KYC’d contributors
Projects on-boarded to the KYC solution
Job Description: KYC Solution Specialist for Payments and NDC
- Establish a KYC Solution:
- Develop and implement a KYC solution tailored for payments and NDC operations.
- Collaborate with legal entities to establish a dedicated legal framework for the KYC solution.
- Engage a Signed KYC Provider:
- Identify and liaise with reputable KYC service providers.
- Negotiate and establish contractual agreements with the selected KYC provider.
- Ensure the selected KYC provider aligns with legal and regulatory standards.
- Create KYC Guidelines:
- Develop comprehensive KYC guidelines for internal use, ensuring adherence to legal requirements.
- Provide clear instructions and training materials for users on the correct utilization of the KYC solution.
- Integrate NDC Tooling with KYC Provider:
- Work closely with the technical team to integrate the KYC solution seamlessly into NDC tooling.
- Ensure data security and privacy measures are in place during the integration process.
- Conduct testing to guarantee the reliability and efficiency of the integrated KYC solution.
- Legal Compliance:
- Collaborate with legal councils to ensure the KYC solution complies with relevant laws and regulations.
- Stay informed about changes in legislation and adjust the KYC solution accordingly.
- Implement and maintain rigorous data protection measures.
Near Digital Collective KYC Solution for Payments lead reports directly to the House of Merit. Budgeting, funding, and reports are subject to regulation by Near Digital Collective Grassroots DAOs, projects, individual contributors funding, onboarding and operations guide and NDC budget approved by the Near Consent (Voting Body) . Near Digital Collective KYC Solution for Payments lead is responsible for hiring necessary teams to execute CoA priorities and set up the team’s remuneration.
- P-3: NDC Operations;
- P-3.1: Streamline NDC Operations;
- P-3.2: Update the election procedure
- NDC Budget Subcategory code HOM-003P-3-1, HOM-003P-3-2
Type: to hire
This critical role reports directly to the House of Merit (HoM) and is fundamental in shaping the future and ensuring the ongoing success of the Near Digital Collective (NDC) in the digital ecosystem. The Near Digital Collective Operations Lead plays a pivotal role in collective governance, legal structures, and operational efficiency. Responsibilities include careful consideration of community feedback, coordination with NDC members, obtaining approval from the HoM (House of Merit), The Near Digital Collective Operations Lead is directly responsible for budgeting, funding, and reports, which are subject to regulation by Near Digital Collective Grassroots DAOs, projects, individual contributors funding, onboarding and operations guide, and NDC budget approved by the Near Consent (Voting Body) . Moreover, the role involves hiring necessary teams to execute CoA priorities and establishing the team’s remuneration.
1. Update the Election Procedure:
As the Near Digital Collective Operations Lead, you will take charge of updating and optimizing the election procedure for the NDC. This involves incorporating community feedback, collaborating with NDC members, obtaining approval from the CoA (Council of Advisors), and securing endorsement from the HoM (House of Merit).
- Lead the development of a new and improved election procedure, ensuring active participation from NDC members and the wider community.
- Address community concerns by implementing principles of robustness, scalability, resistance to manipulation, minimization of manual processes, and ensuring privacy in the voting process.
- Develop a clear and transparent roadmap for the election procedure update, including well-defined milestones and deadlines.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to obtain approval from the CoA and HoM, VB for the new election procedure.
- Oversee the implementation of the new election procedure through smart contracts, ensuring a thorough review and validation to guarantee effectiveness and compliance.
- Manage the preparation and implementation of the new procedure for the upcoming NDC elections, facilitating a seamless transition to the next cadence.
2. Streamline NDC Operations:
As the Near Digital Collective Operations Lead, you will be responsible for optimizing the overall operational efficiency of the NDC.
- NDC Operations Legal Setup:
- Collaborate with legal experts to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the current legal setup of NDC operations.
- Identify areas for improvement and optimization within the legal framework.
- Propose and implement changes to enhance the legal structure, ensuring alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the NDC.
- Governance Framework Analysis and Improvements:
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the current governance framework, identifying areas for improvement.
- Propose and implement changes to enhance transparency and streamline decision-making processes.
- Work closely with NDC members to clarify and update the rights, risks, and responsibilities associated with NDC councils.
- Setup the Team(s) and Team Process:
- Develop and implement efficient processes for governance, ensuring transparency and reporting in decision-making.
- Facilitate the integration of effective tools to enhance transparency and communication within the NDC.
- Collaborate with financial experts to streamline accounting processes within the NDC.
- Develop and implement efficient tools for managing and tracking funding, ensuring financial accountability.
- Strong understanding of legal frameworks, governance structures, and financial processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive operational improvements within an organization.
- Strong understanding of smart contracts and blockchain technology.
- Proven experience in coordinating and implementing election procedures, preferably in a decentralized or collective governance setting is a plus.
- Please attach your resume in reply to the post
- The House of Merit (HoM) will review received applications, conducts on-chain voting for each candidate and makes decisions based on the voting outcomes by November 30th.
- Candidates should also attach tentative budget to execute CoA priorities associated with this role (included remuneration for for the candidates and teams).