More and more NEAR projects ( The CPG, Verida, Minting Music, NEAR Community Squad) are providing collaboration opportunities to the Sandbox this month. The OWS itself is also looking for collaborators in the upcoming weeks to work together on the The Pitch Starter Kit for the newly joined members of the NEARverse.
Reach out to me or @mecsbecs to start collaborating on this creative affair and jump on our Discord channel to chat about it:)
The OWS Team is planning to design The Pitch Starter Kit on how to pitch your idea/project to the NEAR Ecosystem. The goal of this series of tutorials is to help Sandboxers get their ideas off the ground as easily as possible. The OWS Team does not take effective pitching for granted and that is why we would like to help people shape their ideas in a succinct and sexy fashion so as to grasp audience attention, interest, and buy-in. Here we are inviting you to work together with the OWS Team on this series of tutorials, which will be composed of 4 components: Laying the Roadmap and OKR Foundation, Budgeting, How to Rock Your Pitch and an AMA session discussion.
Let’s delve into this together!
This collaboration opportunity includes 4 aspects and you can decide yourself with how many parts you would like to engage.
1. Standard Template 1: Laying the Roadmap and OKR Foundation
When potential Guild Leaders/projects voice themselves in the NEARverse, they are expected to have a plan. Creative minds do not think alike, while investors do when it comes to the business plan. This template is supposed to provide a foundation for what needs to be considered before applying for funding or looking for collaborators for a project. The more information laid out by way of project milestones, objectives & key results, and metrics for success, the easier it is for anyone to say they want to be involved!
2. Standard Template 2: Basic Budgeting
This document will help project leaders identify and draft a clear financial plan. This budget should prompt leaders to ask themselves, what is necessary for this project to get off the ground?
3. Tutorial Video: How to Rock Your Pitch
Now time to move from writing to doing! It would be great to see a video tutorial coaching nervous and seasoned presenters alike on how to land the pitch in 15-20 mins or less if the content is strong. What should be incorporated in a virtual pitch? What kind of slides/support materials should be prepared? How long should it be? These questions answered and any other tips and tricks to help individuals sell their project. Inclusion of closed captioning and a transcript available for translation in languages other than English would be required as well.
4. AMA session discussing the above materials
If you have signed up for creating a tutorial video, here is another opportunity for you - host an AMA. If you love public speaking, have good presence and ability to carry off hosting an AMA event, that might be a good way for you into the OWS moderator team or OWS Council:)
You can also engage with the tasks on the “producing” side
- design how the session could run
- coordinate the individuals who helped develop the materials of the kit to say a few words about how it came together and why they believe the kit is useful
- Come up with questions about the kit with the OWS team (eg for a QUIZ, for a feedback survey “What do you think about Pitch Starter Kit Initiative”)
We are looking for Sandboxers with entrepreneurial or writing backgrounds, and people with coaching experience. Video editing experience welcome and comfort delivering presentations a must for the tutorial video.
How can you engage with this Pitch Starter Kit project?
- Work together with the OWS Team in Google Docs/Sheets: suggesting ideas and giving feedback on what form your chosen aspect(s) of this kit should take (i.e. content, format, final presentation)
- Promote tutorials
- Write small blogs on why it is important to follow these guidelines and how they should help prospective leads get the necessary support from NEAR faster?
- Host a webinar/event/AMA on the Sandbox discord channel to talk about entrepreneurship and how using this Starter Kit will set you up for project success in the Sandbox and in the wider the NEAR Ecosystem
- 31 August