[INTRODUCTION] Meet Black Cat Cinema and DAO

A quick intro for the creatives to Black Cat Cinema

Based here in Lisbon, Black Cat is all about creating beautiful and alternative experiences of classic, cult, and creative films.

My name’s Dan, and I’ve been running open-air/jungle cinema since since 2014, and I’m passionate about re-imagining the film-going experience. BCC is the latest incarnation, which I founded in August 2021.

I was first introduced to NEAR through @vandal @tabear @StevenR @squattingPigeon, and mintbase by @marianeu. The project was introduced in the city node a while ago, and now it’s time to say hi to the creatives!

We’re excited to have our new DAO up and running (thanks to @tabear for all the help!) and getting stuck into the 2022 season!

DAO council
Dan Evans @Dan_E dan802.near
Tim Johnstone @TJ89 timjohnstone.near
Maya Morittu @mayamor mayamorittu.near

We’ve finished up the first run of 30 open-air shows, hosted at Arroz Estúdios. The reception from the folks here in Lisbon has been awesome. :blush: Thank you to all who have been a part of it!

In 2022, the goal is to make alternative cinema experiences a fixture in the Lisbon calendar. There is a huge amount of potential to integrate the film shows with more of what the creative scene has to offer, whether it be art, music, or something else that we dream up!

NEAR integration goals

1) To recruit and work with new creators, collaborators, and artists through the NEAR payments ecosystem and this online platform.

2) Apply for support from the DAOs to create events, raise usage and awareness of NEAR, and incentivise collaborators to join the space.

3) Ticketing and payments. The option to sidestep traditional FIAT payment and ticketing systems in favour of NFTs will be a huge move forward.

We’ve already run a bounty for the first round of an art competition, where artists can reimagine classic film posters. And a second round will follow shortly. The winning entries have been minted into NFTs and are now available in our Mintbase store (with one donated to the Muti store as thanks for all their help!) :blush:

Thanks all. It’s good to be here!

blackcatcinema.near

Login • Instagram

Black Cat Cinema, Lisbon

www.theblackcatcinema.com

5 Likes

I am happy to see this post @BlackCatCinema. I was a contributor who has great experience with BCC so I believe that your DAO will contribute great value for the ecosystem, especially more opportunities for people working in creative field like me. I will follow & support you and hope can be a part of your projects in the future.

1 Like

Hi @agnesba Thanks a lot! We hope to collaborate with you again in the future too!

It is always a pleasure to see more and more projects being born in Lisbon, especially film-related projects. Welcome to the ecosystem. =)

3 Likes

Looks awesome!
Just leaving here your DAO address so everyone else has a reference too :slight_smile: https://app.astrodao.com/dao/black-cat-cinema.sputnik-dao.near

1 Like

Good idea. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like