HOC | Hub de Oficinas Comunitárias, or Community Workshops Hub in English, is a portuguese based initiative that completed it’s idealization during LISBON HACK NODE and we’re really thrilled with the sea of possibilities that this young Open Web collaborative environment can create.
HOC’s objective is to be an aggregator and disseminator of knowledge and good practices; a bridge of dialogue and community building; a vehicle for the empowering force of Open Web to reach organizations, collectives, community leaders, creatives and enthusiasts in general; and of leveraging resilience of local NGOs, whose focus is on the most vulnerable groups in our society.
- Continuous learning
- Knowledge sharing
- Digital and Social Inclusion
- Collaboration and active listening
- Open Web Advocacy
- Foster an approach of sustainable, transparent and collaborative spirit aimed at social impact
- Digital and Organizational Acceleration
- Project Planning and Management
- Education and Training
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Researching, Creating and Translating Documentation (English-Portuguese)
- Graphic Design and Animation
- Event Production
- Community Facilitation
- Institutional and Intercultural Mediation
Paris Inocêncio: parisinocencio.near
Born in Lisbon in ‘89, Almada based, has a degree in Information Management from IMS-UNL and a Certification of Pedagogical Skills (CCP-PT).
António Alves (@AAlves): antonioalves.near
Generation Y ('89), Caxias based, Gamer and Learning Fanatic with a degree in Design from IADE.
- Graphic Design and Animation for EMPORDEF - Tecnologias de Informação, S.A.
- Freelancer as a Graphic Designer
Project constructed with “Centro Social Paroquial de Cristo Rei” approved and financed by the Portuguese State’s Bairros Saudáveis program that aims to:
- Create a Digital Civic Center
- Create a good digital presence
- Promote social and digital inclusion
- Respond to the civic and regularization needs of migrants
- Provide the local population with civic knowledge
- Encourage healthy and participative community living habits
CSP Cristo Rei it’s a Private Institution of Social Solidarity (IPSS) based in Monte de Caparica, Almada. Founded in 1986, it’s main goal is to give support to the local community, whose population presents some serious socio-economic problems. At this moment, this Organisation is divided in three main departments: Youth Work, Pedagogical and Social.
Project constructed for “Cretcheu, Associação Caboverdeana de Almada” which aims to boost its Digital and Organizational Acceleration through the use of free online tools and a good online presence, thus increasing the recognition of its impact to their community and partners.
Dashboard (PT): Serviço de Apoio ao Imigrante
Founded in June 1974, Cretcheu is a non-profit civil society entity with proven experience as an agent of sociocultural mediation in Almada, whose work is divided into two pillars, Cultural and Social (“Migrant Support Cabinet” + “Cape Verde’s Evacuated Patients Support Unit”).
Set Up Shop:
- Launch HOC DAO
- Create a visual identity
- Create and manage HOC’s online presence
- Create HOC’s ToolBox
- Collect and translate NEAR documentation
- Learn, learn and learn!
- Create informative and learning content
- Reach out to communities, institucions, organizations, collectives and people of interest
Organise an NEAR x HOC event in Almada:
- What: A seminar about Open Web, Blockchain, Smart Contracts, DAOs, NEAR Protocol and Community-Driven Innovation
- Where: Pátio das Artes, Almada / FB:
- When: TBA
- Why: A great opportunity to reach out to Collectives, Organizations and People of Interest from the South Side of the river
- How: In-person and online event in co-production with Gruta and Rádio Ophelia. Activities: Presentations with Guest Speakers; Talks; Group Dynamics; a Demo; Onboarding Activities and Networking
- Working together with local communities for innovation purposes using NEAR Protocol
- Creating events to spread Open Web and Community-Driven Innovation
- Reporting for Lisbon City Node
- Guide Creation for the Community
- Onboarding Collectives, Projects, Institutions and People of Interest
- Creating and Translating Documentation
- Workshops from HOC - Learning by DIY
- Training for HOC - Getting the tools in Web 3.0
- Budgeting Counseling for Community Projects and Ideas
- Prototyping, Testing and Approving ideas
Lastly we would like to give a big shout to @TRosario for all his support and guidance.
See ya around