GWG Community Engagement Manager - Nomination - George Pro

Dear GWG,

I am writing to express my keen interest in the Community Engagement Manager role at the Governance Working Group. With my extensive experience in community management, social media management, UX design, content creation, and digital marketing, I am confident that I can make a valuable contribution to the Governance Working Group (GWG).

I have a proven track record of success in community management and engagement. I have been actively involved in the blockchain space since 2018, and I have been part of the Near Protocol ecosystem since late 2020. As a Community Moderator at the Near Concierge Team. During my time at Near, I collaborated with the team to create a community website to aid seamless onboarding, managed and moderated the community’s Discord group of over 50K members, and successfully helped ecosystem projects in community marketing which saw their various communities (Telegram, Discord, Twitter, and Reddit) growing exponentially. I also collaborated with the team to define the right metrics to measure which resulted in a biweekly reporting to the community.

In my current role as Head of Community (Volunteering) at Defi Africa, I have successfully organized meetups, conferences, and in-person events in the name of the project, such as the Ghana Crypto and Defi Summit (GCDSummit2022) which saw over 500 in attendance, to facilitate education and discussion around blockchain technology and decentralized finance. I have also managed a team of four marketing professionals and twenty volunteers to execute community engagement initiatives, such as creating educational content, Telegram AMA, Twitter Spaces, and organizing meetups. Additionally, I have attended and spoken at blockchain events on behalf of the project, representing Defi Africa and its mission to promote decentralized finance and blockchain technology.

My experience in community management has given me a solid understanding of Telegram community moderation tools, which I can apply to this role. I am adept at creating and maintaining a welcoming, friendly, and well-moderated community that is conducive to engagement, learning, and contribution.

I am also proficient in digital marketing, content creation, and UX design, skills that I have honed over the years to effectively communicate and engage with online audiences. I have used my skills to create articles, visuals, and marketing strategies.

In summary, my experience in community management and engagement, digital marketing, content creation, and UX design, combined with my deep understanding of blockchain, web3, Defi, and cryptocurrency, make me an excellent candidate for the Community Engagement Manager.

I am excited about the opportunity to work with the GWG and contribute to the development of the NEAR Digital Collective. As the Community Engagement Manager, I am committed to executing the NDC community onboarding strategy, mobilizing the NDC Mods Team to engage the community, and keeping the community vibing and active to foster contribution to governance. I am confident that my skills, experience, and passion make me a strong candidate for the role.

Telegram: GeorgePro1
Twitter: @iamgeorgepro
Brief info

I’m looking forward to your questions.

Sincerely,

George Pro

11 Likes

Thank you for great job! One of the best
community contributor.

4 Likes

I’m Glad you’re going for this position as it’s one of your expertise and I’ve witnessed you doing great job in Near Protocol and also on Defi Africa keep it up :v:
Wish you luck :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Hi George,

Thank you for your nomination!
I would love to schedule an interview with you to discuss this in more detail, I will send you a Calendly link in DM.

1 Like

A great contributor you have been:
I wish you luck on this

2 Likes

Hello,i want to report Conflict of interest violation by @blaze (NDC consultant and head of working groups )

He hired Cheddar Finance mod Aescobar on the same position in NDC. How is possible @blaze y did you choose him, but now other 14 candidates

If it was Conflict of interest @blaze would have given him the slot of the Community Manager.
But he didn’t get a slot, and he was already an acting Mod so he has to continue his role as a mod.
I really don’t think it’s conflict of interest @Aescobar is doing a great job.

Most time I feel the community gets gloomy when someone gets a position, mostly a paid role.

@Gabbar070 the community are working on a structure that would help give opportunities to All community member to earn through freelancing you can join the group and contribute and help make this a success, this should be fair for community members join us Telegram: Join Group Chat

Hai Gabbar.
I just wanna be clear that I have go through every interview process.

There is nothing related with my job in Cheddar. I believe there is objective performance review from who interviewed me and it’s not Blaze.

I didnt have any special relation to anyone as well.
I am just a active worker and helper and I would like to proof it with the works. :pray: