Filipino Artists Guild - Battle of the Champions (Week 13 - 16)

“Fly High With PRIDE!”

My art just shows a message that even if you are an LGBTQ+ community member, you also have the right to fly high and show the world your fire and how beautiful a creature you are. Break every chain that drags you into darkness or in fear of what others may think and say to you for being different. We are fragile indeed for that but we are strong in mind and heart. We dare to take that challenge for we believe that we are valued in so many aspects of life and we are a catalyst for change. We are talented enough and they can’t deny that reality from us. You are more blessed than anybody else my dear, so fly high with pride!

Wallet:
ironoxide.near

16 Likes

Noice :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Very nice po :fire::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::fire::fire:

1 Like

This artwork shows the right of such person to be who you are. What I want to show everyone is the respect I had towards them. My religion also doesn’t support LGBTQ+ community but I decided to participate. Not because I support nor hate them, but because I respect them. Being who you wanted to be doesn’t make you less of a human. It doesn’t mean your feelings were not valued and validated. It’s so hard to judge a person where you yourself can’t even figure out the dirt on your face. I may not know the struggles they (LGBTQ+) have been through but I respect how they manage to fight prejudices, stereotypes, and inferiorities which I - myself struggled the most.

As seen on my art above, no matter who a person can be, color they have, professions they hold, age, and time they reveal their true selves, always be kind and generous towards them - because each people bears different anchors in life.
𝙈𝙖𝙨𝙠 𝙤𝙛𝙛 is a Filipino comics series created by elvatar02.near. It is a story of how LGBTQ+ live their life. Upon having the struggles between themselves, now they’re about to battle the society that drags their feet down. Who were exactly these heroes and how they survive outside their comfort zone?

elvatar02.near

16 Likes

Sheeeeshhhhh :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Shiiieeee i love this, i like the way you use the same pallete on most of element you put here, but stil they all pop up and don’t seems redundant and the whole thing unite in this piece and send the message you wanna express. Amazing :clap::clap: . All entries are all unique and amazing but this one for me stands out the most. Still waiting for the other entries. Good luck to our judges :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Also love this one. It has a poster art vibe and also love the way he play the colors. Great :clap::clap::clap:

Still bring the comics vibe here where she won the challenge. Great, they’re ready to fight for their pride :rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag:

2 Likes

This is my entry for the LGBTQ Pride Month. This represents the ongoing pursuit of justice for the lgbtq community.

Honestly, I don’t support the community. Neither I on their side. This opposes to what I believed in. But I want to show how these people are so persistent, determined, resilient and proud in which they deserve respect too.

dopey27.near

11 Likes

BE YOU, BE PROUD :rainbow_flag::heart::tada:

Love and respect is not only for men and women. Everyone deserves to be loved and respected. No one deserves to be oppressed just because of its sexuality. And No one deserves to live in fear and be abused.

As you observed on my artwork you can see that the rainbow color is dominant. Have you ever wonder why rainbow color is what i used? The rainbow flag represents lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and queer pride, as well as LGBT social movements. The colors of the gay pride flag, also known as the LGBT pride flag, reflect the diversity of the LGBT community as well as the spectrum of human sexuality and gender. It featured eight colors, each with a different meaning. At the top was hot pink, which represented sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, turquoise for art, indigo for harmony, and finally violet at the bottom for spirit. Hot pink represented sex at the top, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, turquoise for art, indigo for harmony, and violet for spirit at the bottom.

Moreover, as we celebrate this Pride Month, you can tell everyone who you really are and show your true color. You don’t have to be afraid in society. You don’t have to show your true color. I created this artwork to show to everyone that even people who have faced abuse, bullying, and fear because of their sexuality can come together as one. This month is dedicated to celebrating everyone who is a part of this beautiful community and is proud to be a part of it. Although they may be judged by other entitled Filipinos, LGBT communities are unconcerned. They are surrounded by Pride. They are bursting with pride at the prospect of becoming stars. Always remember: Be you, Be proud.

“Love demands expression. It will not stay still, stay silent, be good, be modest, be seen and not heard, no. It will break out in tongues of praise, the high note that smashes the glass and spills the liquid.” — Jeanette Winterson

maxzeinly.near

14 Likes

Hello NEAR community and to all of our participants! We would like to inform you that submission of entries will be extended till June 27, 11:59pm. Looking forward to your artworks!!

Happy Here We Go GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

11 Likes

This is amazing :heart::heart: I can how the PRIDE , EQUALITY AND JUSTICE is expressed in one masterpiece :heart::heart:

Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Such a wonderful piece of art :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES

Even when we were kids, we were often taught that a man and a woman belong to each other because that’s the norm and that’s the right thing to do. However, as society progresses with time, we should also widen our perspectives. Our knowledge and understanding of things shouldn’t be set in stone but rather open to all kinds of changes and alterations just like how trees adapt to changes in season. When we make an effort to understand that other people’s sexual orientation is different from ours, we make the world a better and kinder place for them. We allow them to break free from the chains imposed by society on them by letting them love who they want to love regardless of gender. Indeed, love is a powerful force and a universal language that shouldn’t have unnecessary rules to follow. Love should be freeing and unconditional. Love should prevail because love wins against all odds including gender.

violet_spades.near

16 Likes

There can be no rainbow without rain, imagine how many storms of struggles this community has been through but look at them they can still manage to smile.

Spread love, less hate.

nardart.near

14 Likes

Likapati’t Libulan

These two filipino Goddesses are the best representation of our colorful spectrum of sexuality. Libulan once came down on this firefly path to meet Sidapa, who showered him in love and gifts. Lakapati (or Ikapati) is the goddess of fertility and good harvest. She was also described as an androgynous, intersex, or transgender goddess.
While these two are just a Filipino Folklores, they are an outstanding examples of being a hero to our society and be as powerful as they are!

Come to imagine that these Deities are widely known in our country for many centuries without having a doubt to say what are their true sexual identity. Wishing that our rich cultured place will accept these types of people in reality but not just in an imaginary story. We the LGBTQIA+ people are the modern Gods and Goddesses in the present generation because we have our own powers through confidence and support from other people in our amazing community!

-yoneru.near

14 Likes

Ow​:cry: I just thought this should have been announced more early. Been too pressured to passed it on time behind being busy​:sweat_smile:

I think it maybe unfair to those who passed it on time like we’ve all been busy this month but we make time for it because it’s not just simply weekly challenge but a Battle Of Champions in which instructions are strictly fixed and followed. Thus, we aren’t only judged by how well you do it but how precised we passed it on time.

(It is never too late or too soon. It is when it is supposed to be - M. Albom)

Anyways, this is only my thought​:relaxed: Thank You.
I don’t wanna down wips, I just want to make a point.:blush:

This is actually my entry​:rofl:don’t attack me​:pray:

9 Likes

I really did get your point Master,:sneezing_face::sneezing_face: I’m really sorry :sneezing_face: for my selfish request to extend the deadline :pleading_face:hope you understand :sneezing_face:

5 Likes

NEW SKIN
Here’s to all the brave ones who finally have the courage to free themselves

ritzzard.near

Sorry for the late submission :v::relaxed:

11 Likes