Rules and Mechanics:

*Draw it with your own style
*Chibi /Vexel /Vector/ Digital Paint/ Anime

*The Contest will Start APRIL 25 ,2022
Deadline of Submission: MAY 5 ,2022
philippines Time 11:59pm

*Announcing of Winners MAY 7, 2022

The Winners Will be Selected by the Council

*Likes and Positive feedbacks about your art/Entry Can help you put in the list,

*It does not mean that you have the most heart react will make you a winner, it will just help the council to Select the winner,

*Example there are 5 entries that has More react those 5 will put in the watchlist of selection

*Creativity,Cleanliness,Originality, Quality is the most Important , and One of the most important is the Background ,
If you put effort into the main subject of your artwork, don’t forget to include the background. :wink:

*Any art style is acceptable.
Make your Own Style means you have to Draw and Follow The Concepts

Generative Arts from your Collection is acceptable but will not put you in The List Of possible winners.

WINNERS : :clinking_glasses::star2:

Ist Prize: 7N

2nd Prize: 5N

3rd Prize: 4N

4th Prize: 3.5N

5th Prize : 2.5N

6th Prize : 2N

Total of 24 NEAR

New Members of the Guild And In Near Forum are Welcome To Join.

When Submitting Your Entry please Attach your NEAR WALLET ADDRESS at the bottom of your entries,

We also appreciate some Short Word or explanation about your Piece.

If anyone has a question feel Free to Mention the Council in our Telegram Channel or Dm us privately as long as it is related to the event. Welcome To Our 9th-10th Week Art Challenge of
Filipino Artist Telegram

Good Luck Everyone And Let your Creativity Shines.

“Winners Arts Should Not Be Minted”

Open For EveryBody.
Filipino Or Not are welcome To Join. :clinking_glasses::rocket:

Sample Only :heart:

:rocket::philippines:And also top 4 is restricted to join the next art challence , because we will having a battle of all Champions , COMING SOON :philippines:

23 Likes

Alright. First ever post, first ever reply, and my first ever submission here. Exciting! Too bad I couldn’t focus much on my submission since I made it while studying for and answering midterm exams, but I just wanted to join for fun anyway.

As some of you may know I scrapped my first idea for this submission in favor of this second one. I’ll be explaining why: I’m aware of the effects our Filipino street games have on our culture and what our culture does to affect our games; one can even say that our culture and street games are intertwined. But I chose to not showcase that in my submission because I wanted to show the simplicity of our Filipino childhood games in the way I remember them. Not complex, not crowded, no underlying deep message about the state of society, not teeming with tiny details. Just simple fun and games with friends (or frenemies) we have since outgrew. The games I specifically drew were the games me and my cousins played the most, Jolens and Chinese Garter as we call them. I hope my submission brings back nostalgic memories with your childhood friends, and thank you for inviting me to your guild!

PROCREATE STATS:
Total Strokes - 32,192
Tracked Time (Including 1st version) - 12hrs 50mins

Near Wallet: jrawsarts.near

27 Likes

Woooow :heart: Nice , Good Luck.

4 Likes

We rarely see children playing outside in our current generation, instead, they are more on cellphone and computers. Digital is replacing physical. They prefer to play video games rather than go outside, and they believe that the internet is more essential than food. My poster shows that the Philippine street game was a generation of '90s kids. And nowadays, there are only few kids who are willing to play, so the guy can only play “Luksong Baka” only on cow and not for the other player in our generation. It tells a story of how significant changes happened in our lives in the past 2 decades.

Theme: Philippine Street Games
Art Style: Vector
Software used: Illustrator
Near Wallet: jonalcoran.near

17 Likes

Luksong Tinik

Hands of impediment, jump into memories. “Luksong Tinik”

“Isa-dalawa-tatlo, talon!”
Voices of children playing in the streets, filling their childhood with such indelible memories, great times of freedom, playing games in the gouge streets The days of being able to enjoy everyday life as a child, as a human being, playing in the streets, have left an indelible mark on our hearts.

Great memories are being recalled as a pandemic arose, changing the lives of everyone, including children, who appear innocent in such a disastrous phenomenon that we were not expecting to occur. It shattered every glass of happiness in our society, making everyone feel anxious rather than joyful, being scared of going outside rather than blissful when stepping on the road under a shining sun. It seems like our memories were bubbles being popped easily in just a blast of time, making those noisy roads with children playing street games silent as if there was no life even existing in those areas.

It was a downcast to everyone that, because of one phenomenon, almost everything changed the way we didn’t used to be. A new beginning of adjustments, a new beginning of living a new life,possibility to hear children’s voices enjoying playing luksong tinik might not exist anymore, and we will no longer familiarize ourselves with a single sound of that bliss.

We can’t please nature to restart the world, for our enemy has never been seen with our naked eyes, never been solved with just firearms, never been fixed with hammer and nails. A fight with an indefinite result, whether triumph or a defeat in humanity. But it is not that bad to wish for something we desire to have, something people feel like having, an old world we used to have, with smiles, voices, and happy children enjoying their lives in the streets.

As time passed, I realized that life is similar to luksong tinik: we tend to easily solve problems in life, but as phases grow and our journey progresses, heights of hindrances become difficult to overcome. But there’s no choice but to face those hurdles if we want to continue our journey. Playing street games does not only bring happiness into our lives, but it also reminds us that problems might be hard for us to accomplish, but through courage and acceptance, everything will be fine.

“Isa-dalawa-tatlo, Talon!”
-One day, this phrase will be heard again, I promise.

mhiemhie.near

20 Likes

THE RAIN FALL GAME

When we were younger, back in the remote area of Aba City, we were always so happy when it was raining. We would jump into the rain and feel the cold hug of the rain, playing and jumping around the compound.

This ritual gave us oneness and heavenly blessings.

So when I saw this post, the first thing that came to my mind was “The Rain Fall Game”

Art was painted on Photoshop!

Wallet:
roxytheentertainer.near

16 Likes

Ganda po :pleading_face::grin: :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Hey Fam 3 days Before the Deadline :heart::heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Good luckssssss guys​:raised_hands::100:

9 Likes

Submission

This is a digital painting of children playing in the garden.

We could feel the joy, passion and accuracy in their rotation.

musecraftstudios.near

12 Likes

TUMBANG PRESO

Tumbang preso, also known as tumba lata or bato lata (“hit the can [with a stone or slipper]”), is a traditional Filipino children’s game. All of us went from playing this game and we can not deny the fact that this game brought us happiness and made us enjoy the beauty of childhood. The game entails tossing a slipper at a can or bottle that one player tries to guard (the tayà) and the game is frequently played in backyards, parks, or streets if free.

Near Wallet: ironoxide.near

14 Likes

Untitled262_20220504000010

Turumpo or trumpo is a popular outdoor Filipino game of manipulating a wooden top to spin on an axis through a string twirled around it. It can be played by any number of players.
Each player needs a trumpo : a top made of wood and has an egg-like shape where in one end is slightly pointed than the other. Driven in the pointed end of the spinning top is an iron nail, an inch of which is projected out. The end of the nail is sharpened to make it even more pointy. A meter-long string is also needed which will cause the spinning motion of the top.

yonakawaii.near

12 Likes

Hi @vanengs
I’m connected to an incredible organization called PhilDev. Maybe there could be some interesting collaborations with what you’re doing and them?

4 Likes

Hi guys this is my entry,spider web(sabong Ng Gamba) at (pasulpot)bamboo gun.:sweat_smile:

Spider web(sabong ng gagamba). this was the game of children when online games were not fashionable.
.this game is a fight between two spiders that whoever wears the web will be the loser and will be the winner’s dinner…

Then the pasulpot…it kind of like an gun toy,it is made of bamboo and the bullet Is an wet paper or a seed of Melanolepis multiglandulosa​:sweat_smile: (alum-alum Tree)…

Thank you…

8 Likes

My Entry in “PHILIPPINES STREET GAMES”

I choose Larong “TEKS” in tagalog because when i was young i’d love playing this. This memorable game wont loose in my mind. I even collect some old teks to my game and put in my album :blush: .

I know my Art is not impressive like the others but i’m looking forward to receive comments and suggestion.

Thanks to FAG they bring this idea of memorable arts philippines street games.
My Near Wallet is

jami2017.near

14 Likes

This game is called “Langit-lupa” a chasing game,where players can be immune from being tagged as long they stand on an elevated surface.This game was my fav game,I used to play this game with my cousins at my Lola’s house that’s why this is so special for me.

Thanks FAG for bringing this concept to ur art contest(人 •͈ᴗ•͈)I felt the excitement from my childhood while making this art:)

dyzz.near

8 Likes

“Luksong baka”
This play make you higher jump
And exercises

9 Likes

“Luksong tinik”
“Luksong tinik” and “luksong baka” look the same, but luksong baka The waterfall needs to be high with both hands …
“Luksong tinik”
Should not be applied to the finger while defeated

Near address: pootlongto11.near

7 Likes

na curious ako haha what kind of game it was , ito pala yung Langit Lupa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: bawal nga pala tumapak sa lupa . hahaha kakamiss maging bata. :joy:

5 Likes

Can you tell us about PhilDev.?

1 Like