[CLOSED] Writers/Storytellers to create for the Meta Campfire 2nd Edition: folklore theme

Thanks for choosing my work. I’ll submit before tomorrow night.

3 Likes

Reminder of the dates and time.

:grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Video of the first edition of Meta Campfire

5 Likes

Good morning everyone i will send the complete story tommorow thank you for choosing me as one of the winners :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::pray:

3 Likes

hello! here is my full story =)

Tittle : “The Late Night Punisher”
Original Story Writes by : Igor Moura (IMA)
Near ID : igormoura.near

It’s 1:11 am on Tuesday. I climb into the front seat of a gray-bearded, overweight taxi driver. I say good night, slightly drunk and high, after a friend’s birthday party at some dead bar in town. The gentleman, with naturally puffy eyes, responds briefly, somewhat without seeming to want much conversation. I ask him if he always works at that time and things like that and, before I realized it, he was in the first details of a story worthy of the best (or worst) crime movies that any aficionado or interested in the subject would want to hear. And so the gentleman, with a gray beard and toothpick, begins his saga in yet another dark Tuesday night, after briefly telling me a story in which he would have intentionally run over a street robber with a gun in his hand.

“It was late at night, I was at my taxi spot, near the cathedral, when I saw a drug dealer, all happy for the money that he took off that night, trying to find a cab with my colleagues. After taking one NO after another, they indicate:

– If you want a taxi driver to take you, go to the last in line, the crazy old man will take you!

Here comes the dealer and asks me:

– How much for a trip to Wallas?

I replied that for less than $90 it was not possible.

– Damn, but it doesn’t usually go over $40, old man!

– Dude, have you ever heard the saying: a thief who steals from a thief has 100 years of forgiveness?

He jumped right in and once I got there at the freak’s house, he went downstairs, grabbed his little toy, and returned to the back seat. He put it on my back and gave an assault voice.

I calmly told him that first he had to go to the front seat if he wanted to continue talking. When he sat next to me, I told him:

• Now you’re going to talk to Tata, crab style, because whoever robs from behind is a deer. Now, tell me where you want to take me and I’ll continue to drive you.

I waited for my moment, and when I could, I slammed on the brakes and threw the bum to the windshield! Right after this premeditated accident, I gave him a shock with my little device, took his gun and said:

– Now who’s in charge?

I took him for a sightseeing tour of the city and after arriving in one of my favorite dark alleys, I asked the guy to get out of the car, told him to undress, tied him to a tree and called my friend commander:

• I have one more for you.

Before they arrived, I took the bullets out of my pistol (and sold them the other day for 60 bucks) and threw his unregistered gun in the bush, so they wouldn’t think I killed some idiot out there."

And so old Tata ends his saga, slowing down as we approach the end of the drive, ensuring that his story comes to an end, and he is crowned the late night punisher. I thanked him for the story and preferred to pay him in cash.

5 Likes

This is the full story of the Filipino Folklore inspired Titled:

Estranghera “The Lady Stranger”
Manilea left Manila : her journey into provinces

A young woman in her early twenties from Manila decided to spend the summer with her in-laws in a Visayas town. Her older sister married and lived with these people, but she recently passed away. The young woman wanted to pay her respects at her sister’s grave while also getting to know her in-laws.

So she went to the barrio and was greeted warmly. Everyone was overjoyed to see her, especially her sister’s daughter, who is nearly her age. As a Manilea, the young woman dressed differently than the barrio’s conservative and plain residents. Her unique jewelry, watch, earrings, and necklace made her stand out.

The sun are now down escape to this drastic scene as we go and it gets dark in noon, all the people around the community finished their chores as they said “Pumasok na kayo mga anak meron na mamaya sila” in english children come they will arrive soon come in side right now as the mother of the child angrily shout. and Manilea is curious on why they’re going inside in the early noon.

and when the night comes and luna the moon arise above the sky, the young woman going upstairs as they can hear the footsteps in each corridor of the house by her in-laws and stare upon her, which she finds it her harder to talk with them and very uncomfertable so she go to take a rest.

Her sister’s daughter asked if she could wear her earrings, necklace, and other accessories while they slept, and she agreed. They turned off the lights and kissed each other good night.

in the middle of the night, manilea up in her bed by the hushed sound out of now where in the house and continued to sleep, She felt movement inside the room and knew someone was there, but she pretended to sleep. Her heart was racing and she was terrified. its very dark but she could make out silhouettes of a man and two aging women, who appeared to be very different. She almost screamed for help and ran away, but she couldn’t move a muscle in her body as like a standing paralyzed. Then there was whispering about jewels and watches, and inhuman hands tried to feel her wrists and neck. Later, she felt her sister’s daughter, their own child, being lifted away, and then everyone left the house.

and ran into next barrio to seek for help and go find something and the sun arise.

then 2 years ago pass away, and living in the next province, she was pregnant with her first baby named Antonio and and seeing growing her baby bump are likely to appreciate there good relationship with Rene manilea is a good spouse to his Probinsyano husband and the night after out of now where raining during midnight after Manilea labouring his first child Antonio was killed by a ASWANG a Filipino my Folklore creature in mythology and this named Lydia the Aswang mysterious eat and killed there first child.

louietism.near

4 Likes

Black Snake

Savage Sap. It wasn’t until this bizarre mineral in a liquid state started to be smuggled, by the big ones, that the whole fucking thing turned crazy. Savage Sap, that’s the name. And if they legalize it, you can be sure it will catch on. I have no idea who invented it, but the guy saw the future! Okay, it doesn’t help that the so-called Savage Sap is almost always used for the purpose of mass poisoning of riverside people + consequent facilitation of land grabbing, but I honestly don’t get involved in politics. The people want it, Aguirre gives it. It’s not my motto, but from now on it can be my slogan, how about that? These are prosperous times and I can already start thinking about some more badass marketing, putting some neon on the boat to arrive in town when I get back with the goods. Aguirre gives it (flashes) gives it (flashes) gives it.

Which would make a nice jingle too, if Axl, the Minstrel of the Vessel, didn’t present with that fever of singing serenade for three nights in a row and throwing himself with guitar and everything after crying and crying and crying more than singing the last song properly. The last man of the crew. So I have to confess that losing Axl really took a toll on morale. I’m really used to losing men, good, weak, whatever: I accept the majority, even because this thing of living piracy in the ass of the heart of darkness is something that often makes good people food for big fish, and chicken-hearted people, chicken-flavored food for big fish. But then there’s a coward that turns into a genius, a reward that comes from within us, and so the song goes.

But now the rest is silence. And a boat and me. Not a measly corpse for me to have anything to explain on the way back. Not that a lot of people care, it’s just that there’s always a fucker to collect the debts on arrival, announce some pregnancy news or just to see if someone died. But, holy shit, everyone? How am I going to hire more people for the next search? Because of course I’m not going to retire after this lucky strike. They’ll come out saying I did it on purpose, sure, but with the upgrade on the boat and two months of break I can even try new rivers. Start a company. This journey came out better than expected.

When I was alone, and this I have to say, it was the first time I thought I wasn’t going to complete a journey. God, I’m miles away!

It’s bullshit, right?!

Because if you want it too, I’ll drop everything. I’ll drop everything and come here. Having a family; and look, this is something I had never even considered, can you believe it? I’m gonna tell you, and it’s not drunkenness, that I even quit this life.

I’m laughing, okay?! I sniffle like this when I laugh. It was just a heaviness in here. That deep down, deep deep down.

Deep down in the river.

gabrielfelipejacomel.near

3 Likes

The night was quiet and cold. Wind whispered through the trees, carrying with it the soft sound of feet running through the forest. Erin, the spirit animal of the Eko river, turned away from his quiet contemplation of his river and listened as the sound of running steps came closer.

He sighed softly, his great ears flapping and a harsh wind started up and swept through the forest. The spirit stirred and finally turned his full attention to the rapidly approaching footsteps.

Erin snorted.

Who is this that seeks death? Who dares visit the lagoon at this hour? He thought.

A sword came to life in the air above him and he unsheathed it with a thought, the deadly weapon poised to strike down the trespasser. It flared with a harsh, golden light as he readied it to cut down the intruder, then stopped, shocked, at the sight of the trespasser.

It was a human child. Scrawny, clad in threadbare clothing and spotting a shock of rough black hair, he staggered towards the river. His eyes were shut tight.

Then the realization hit Erin hard. The boy was sleepwalking!

Before Eko could act, or indeed think to act, his river trembled and a form emerged from the waters. At once, Eko bent his great neck in submission as his goddess appeared before him. She was tall, with skin as dark as the midnight sky. Her gown was a study in liquid blue and she hovered half an inch over the water’s surface.

“Rise Eko and look upon my face,” she said and her voice was both warm and terrible. “It’s good to see you again, old friend.”

“I am yours to command my lady Oya,” rumbled the ancient elephant spirit. He rose to his feet and somehow managed to maintain an aura of meekness and respect despite the fact that he towered over her. “To what do I owe the honour?”

Oya paused, as if considering the question, then glanced at the boy. “I came for him. There’s much to be done and I will need your help old friend.”

“Of course, my lady. Anything.”

Oya smiled, then gestured with a hand. “Walk with me.”

She stepped out of the river and onto dry land and began to walk deeper into the forest, the boy following as if attached to a string. Eko was only a step behind, his great form moving nimbly through the dense foliage.

“My lady,” he began after a time. “What aid do you require from me?” He spared a glance at the boy she was puppetting. “And what does he have to do with it?”

Oya didn’t answer for a few moments. She had led them deeper into the forest, deeper even than Eko himself had ever gone. They had emerged into a clearing speared through with several shafts of light from the full moon overhead. The forest floor was choked with a thick carpet of dead leaves and rising imperiously over it all were several piles of stone, constructed in the rough shape of people.

“War is coming,” said Oya softly as she considered one of the stone piles. “It’s not immediately imminent Skies be thanked, but it is still coming.” She glanced at him. “The Nameless have been freed.”

Eko’s reaction could not have been plainer and the forest recoiled and leaned away in response to his power. “You are certain, my lady?”

“There can be no doubt,” came the solemn reply. “Esu delivered the news himself. He is many things but his messages are not infallible.”

“Skies above,” said Eko and it was as if he had somehow aged a century in that moment. “If this is true then… what are we to do?”

“We will do what we have always done. We will fight back.” She gestured and the boy came to stand before them, eyes still closed in sleep. “And that leads me to him. We will be needing champions, Eko. People to fight for us in the battles to come. Despite our considerable might we cannot be everywhere at once and the Nameless have had centuries to strategize and plot. It would not do for us to win several battles only to ultimately lose the war itself.”

Eko nodded. “That much is clear. But, forgiveness, I am still uncertain as to what my role in all this will be.”

“I need a teacher,” said Oya matter-of-factly. “My fellow Orisha, if left to their devices, would find one whose main values are strength and power above all else. Under normal circumstances I’d agree with such sentiments. But the Nameless are tricky and I would not have champions whose first approach to solve something is to hit it until it stops moving. You, Eko are the teacher I need.”

Eko stopped moving, floored by the news. But Oya was still speaking. “This boy is merely the first. There will be more, chosen both by myself and the other Orishas. I imagine we still have ten to twenty years left before the Nameless have recovered enough of their strength to make a move but one can’t be too careful.”

Eko once again sank to his knees, but this time it was a gesture filled with gratitude. “It is an honour, my lady,” he rumbled. “I will not fail you.”

Oya smiled. “I know you won’t. You are my favourite for a reason after all.” Then the smile faded. “But there is more.”

Eko stood and flapped his ears, giving the goddess his full attention. “There always is.”

A smile flittered briefly across her face before dying again. “The other gods, I’m certain, would not want me telling you this. But I’ve always believed that a certain level of autonomy is necessary if one’s servants are have any chance of success in the quests you foist upon them.” She looked into Eko’s eyes. “Unless you have drastically changed since the last time we spoke, I know you will come to love this boy and the people that will become his teammates. You will watch with joy and despair at their successes and failures and marvel with secret pride at how quickly they take to your training.”

“Eventually, should all go as planned, you will be there when the last of the Nameless is defeated and sealed away once more. When that happy moment arrives, you must promise me one thing Eko.”

“Anything, my lady.”

Oya winced, as if the words had pained her, but she still said: “Promise me, that when that moment comes and their purpose has been fufilled, you will congratulate the champions.”

Eko started to speak, something about how of course he would congratulate them but Oya hadn’t yet finished and her next words obliterated all other thoughts from his head. “You will thank them to protecting the world,” she said primly. “And then you will kill them.”

The clearing was silent for what felt like an eternity. “Pardon me, my lady. I… I believe I misheard,” Eko began, desperately wishing that this were true. Truly, the goddess could not be asking such a heavy thing from him. But Oya’s expression was a story all on its own and it was with no small amount of dread that he realized that he hadn’t misunderstood anything.

“Do not mistake this for cruelty Eko. We are not the Nameless. We do not kill just because we can.” She let out a sigh. “Only when we have to.”

Eko only managed a single “why?” but he knew that his goddess would detect the other questions packed into that one word. Why kill them? Why could possibly justify such a decision? And why did it have to be Eko.

Oya sighed again and for just a moment the light around her seemed to dim, like a cloud passing over the sun. “This is not the first time the Nameless have broken free, Eko. The last time they were unleashed on the world the devastation was so great, humanity was reduced to just a few thousand. The Nameless have only gotten stronger since then, having had time to fester and grow. Orunmila’s divinations are clear. We will beat back the Nameless this time. But at a great cost. However, the next time they escape and they will, all of creation will fall. We intend to ensure that never happens.”

And suddenly the river spirit could see the terrible logic behind it all. “That’s why you need them dead.”

Oya nodded. “Their sacrifice at the moment of their greatest triumph will be enough to make the seal permanent, preventing the Nameless from ever rising again.” She hesitated, then placed a hand on Eko’s trunk. “I know what I am asking, old friend. I know how heavy such a duty would weigh on you. Know that you can refuse this and it will not cause my wrath or change the way I see you.”

Eko believed her. Oya was not one to hold that sort of grudge. If he refused this quest, she would accept that and ask another. But even as he balked at the idea of taking on such a heavy burden, he equally quaked at the thought that he would be leaving it for some other soul to carry. Like his goddess, it was not in Eko’s nature to let others do the work for him.

So, in the end, he let out a great sigh and gave a single, ponderous nod. “I will do it, my lady.” What else could he say? “But I do not know how I could successfully train them with such knowledge hanging over me.”

“You will train them well, of this I have no doubt,” said Oya firmly. “You weren’t my first choice merely because of your skills and pedigree, vast and impressive as they are. I chose you because I know that under your tutelage, the champions will grow into honourable, chivalrous warriors. Though they are fated for death, under you they will know greater moments of joy and happiness than they would have had they never been chosen. Under you, their life no matter how brief will be a blessing.”

She titled her head. “And most importantly we cannot forget one fact. Death, as you and I well know, is not the end.”

“It is merely the beginning,” Eko rumbled, finishing the answer. He took a deep breath, seized the still sleeping boy with his trunk, then draped him over his gargantuan back. “I am ready.”

“I know you are,” replied Oya fondly. “I expect great things from you Eko. I will be watching their progress closely. And I want you to know that my help will never be far from you should you require it.”

Eko bowed his head in acknowledgement and stayed that day until the goddess dissolved into mist and the forest was once again his alone. The boy stirred then as Oya’s hold on him melted away but thankfully remained still and asleep. Sighing for what felt like the thirteenth time, Eko gave the sleeping human on his back a gentle pat with his trunk and set off for his true home, the source of the river that bore his name.

As Eko moved and the trees turned into blurs with the speed of his movement, he turned over his conversation with Oya over and over again in his mind. He knew that he had made the right choice, now matter how distasteful he found it, and that everything he had done and would do was in service of the greater good.

It was just unfortunate that the greater good required such a momentous sacrifice.

The boy stirred again, caught in some dream and Eko felt his resolve harden. He would do his duty as he had always done and would give this human and his fellow champions nothing less than the efforts they deserved.

And, he told himself. Oya did remind you that death isn’t the end.

Eko leapt over a fallen tree and dived into the river, a bubble of air protecting the bundle on his back as he began to rocket up the water.

It is only the beginning.

Translations:

Erin is a Yoruba word for Elephant.

Oya is the name of a river goddess in Yoruba folklore.

Eko is a Yoruba word for Lagoon.

Esu is the Yoruba trickster god.

Orunmila is the Yoruba god of wisdom and knowledge

4 Likes

I have submitted. Thank you.

3 Likes

Congrats to the new winners of campfire story telling :partying_face: see you guys on campfire and we want to hear your great stories :raised_hands: Congrats.

5 Likes

Where’s the venue of the event?

1 Like

Hi everyone! The event is happening in 15 minutes!
Join us :smiley:

2 Likes

Place: Voxels

@igormoura , @gabrielfelipejacomel , @Adebanjo , @Trojanhorse15 and @louietism

Here is the link @Trojanhorse15

1 Like

Hey @igormoura , @gabrielfelipejacomel , @Adebanjo , @Trojanhorse15 , @louietism

Are you coming to the event?

We are waiting for you

If you don’t come unfortunately you’ll be disqualified, it’s part of the rules, for the Meta Campfire events

3 Likes

Hello. Where’s the venue of the event. Can you send link?

1 Like

Sent you a DM

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ve joined in and changed my name from Anonymous to TrojanHorse. Can you see it from your end?

3 Likes

Sorry because of geo location and the timezone
But I’ll join to the metaverse.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

1 Like

hello @klarakopi I’m sorry to bother you once again, but I’m having the same problems when I try to create a proposal on the MetaverseDAO…the only option available is near, here is the print screen:

1 Like

DAI is available. I think it’s the third token.

1 Like