[CLOSED] Writers/Storytellers to create for the Meta Campfire 2nd Edition: folklore theme

Black Snake

Savage Sap. It wasn’t until this bizarre mineral in a liquid state started to be smuggled, by the big ones, that the whole fucking thing turned crazy. Savage Sap, that’s the name. And if they legalize it, you can be sure it will catch on. I have no idea who invented it, but the guy saw the future! Okay, it doesn’t help that the so-called Savage Sap is almost always used for the purpose of mass poisoning of riverside people + consequent facilitation of land grabbing, but I honestly don’t get involved in politics. The people want it, Aguirre gives it. It’s not my motto, but from now on it can be my slogan, how about that? These are prosperous times and I can already start thinking about some more badass marketing, putting some neon on the boat to arrive in town when I get back with the goods. Aguirre gives it (flashes) gives it (flashes) gives it.

Which would make a nice jingle too, if Axl, the Minstrel of the Vessel, didn’t present with that fever of singing serenade for three nights in a row and throwing himself with guitar and everything after crying and crying and crying more than singing the last song properly. The last man of the crew. So I have to confess that losing Axl really took a toll on morale. I’m really used to losing men, good, weak, whatever: I accept the majority, even because this thing of living piracy in the ass of the heart of darkness is something that often makes good people food for big fish, and chicken-hearted people, chicken-flavored food for big fish. But then there’s a coward that turns into a genius, a reward that comes from within us, and so the song goes.

(…)

Thanxxx!

2 Likes

The warrior of our time

Within the tropics in the western Africa, lies a village with a rich culture and social ethnic groups. In this wonderful village, love is spread to one another like butter on a bread and everyone have respect for one another so deep that other people visiting from other villages believe they must have all been from one parent.

The village of Ndata is legendary rich with cultural heritage and but most importantly, Ndata is known to be a home of warlords and this made other villages have great respect for her and also at some point run to her for safety after being brutalized by other villages who want to take them into slavery.

All the young men in Ndata are literally gladiators that are fiercely strong, but among them is a warlord from the clan of Okonwo known to be the bravest Joromi. Joromi is known to be the strongest gladiator in Ndata he is the only son of Chief Okonwo after which he had another daughter called Ifeoma. Joromi had wrestled with all the young men in Ndata and he is known to be the strongest and bravest of them all. He thirst all the time for wrestling and this made him go from one village to another to wrestle every brave men because he was determined at all cost to become the one and only champion in the whole region.

I’m sure you wonder where he got all that from, hmmmmm!, His father of course. Chief Okonwo had fought many battles for Ndata during the Era where other villages would want to encroach on their lands, take them for spot and also want them to become their subject. Chief Okonwo also was very strong that after the king of the village he is next in line. He had also instill all he had known into his children Joromi who happens to be the man and Ifeoma who happens to be the spirit gifted young lady who could turn into any creature of her making.

After so much accolades, Jeromi decide to rest because there was no one again to wrestle with, but his restlessness would not give his physical body the opportunity to do that.

There is a palm tree planted in front of their house that is so tall that it enters into the cloud, but based on instructions, their father told them not to have anything to do with it. On a warm evening, after Ifeoma had served Joromi his dinner, he started hearing drums of wrestling. He was disturbed and finally believe it was coming from the palm tree that his father told them not to have anything to do with. I’m the strongest in the land of the living, but in the land of the spirit I’m nothing. He left his food while the drumming was still at its peak ran inside, put on his gladiator suit and off he went climbing the palm tree that would take him to the spirit world…

The rest awaits my selection, thank you so much

adebanjo.near

2 Likes

The story of The Lion King :lion:

A young lion prince is born in Africa, thus making his uncle Scar the second in line to the throne. Scar plots with the hyenas to kill King Mufasa and Prince Simba, thus making himself King. The King is killed and Simba is led to believe by Scar that it was his fault, and so flees the kingdom in shame. After years of exile he is persuaded to return home to overthrow the usurper and claim the kingdom as his own thus completing the “Circle of Life”.

Reference: The Lion King (2019) | Disney Movies

2 Likes

Tittle : “The Late Night Punisher”
Original Story Writes by : Igor Moura (IMA)
Near ID : igormoura.near

It’s 1:11 am on Tuesday. I climb into the front seat of a gray-bearded, overweight taxi driver. I say good night, slightly drunk and high, after a friend’s birthday party at some dead bar in town. The gentleman, with naturally puffy eyes, responds briefly, somewhat without seeming to want much conversation. I ask him if he always works at that time and things like that and, before I realized it, he was in the first details of a story worthy of the best (or worst) crime movies that any aficionado or interested in the subject would want to hear. And so the gentleman, with a gray beard and toothpick, begins his saga in yet another dark Tuesday night, after briefly telling me a story in which he would have intentionally run over a street robber with a gun in his hand.

“It was late at night, I was at my taxi spot, near the cathedral, when I saw a drug dealer, all happy for the money that he took off that night, trying to find a cab with my colleagues. After taking one NO after another, they indicate:

– If you want a taxi driver to take you, go to the last in line, the crazy old man will take you!

Here comes the dealer and asks me:

– How much for a trip to Wallas?

I replied that for less than $90 it was not possible.

• Damn, but it doesn’t usually go over $40, old man!

– Dude, have you ever heard the saying: a thief who steals from a thief has 100 years of forgiveness?

He jumped right in and once I got there at the freak’s house, he went downstairs, grabbed his little toy, and returned to the back seat. He put it on my back and gave an assault voice."

And so the story goes on, with a few twists and a dark final touch. I’ll be happy to finish it, if I get selected once again =)

2 Likes

Im late for campfire story. I ddnt manage to submit mine. :sweat:

2 Likes

Due to requests we’re re-opening the bounty until 6PM UTC, tomorrow (June 22nd).
We’re announcing the selected writers at 11PM UTC tomorrow.

Do you think you could make it @ImJami2017 ?

3 Likes

Can i still a chane to get in this bounty?

2 Likes

Yes! Send it until

:smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah , i will try to catch up as soon as i can miss @klarakopi :hugs:

2 Likes

Here is my entry. If I’m chosen, I’ll complete the story in 2000 words and submit before the deadline.

The night was quiet and cold. Wind whispered as the soft sound of feet ran through the forest then stopped. Erin, the spirit animal of the Eko river , turned away from the river as the sound of running steps came closer.
He groaned softly and a harsh wind spread through the forest. He began to mull towards the sound of running feet which was closer than before.
Erin snorted.
Who seeks death? Who dares visit the lagoon at this hour? He thought.
He unsheathed his sword, poised it in the air to strike the trespasser. His sword sent a bright light in the air as he aimed to strike down the trespasser who was a few inches away from his weapon. Then he stopped at the sight of the trespasser with shock in his eyes.
A human child with rough black hair staggered towards the river. His eyes were shut tight.
The realization hit Erin hard. The boy was sleepwalking!
Few steps away from the dazed spirit animal and the sleepwalking human, the goddess of Eko, Oya begins to rise from the waters.

Translations:
Erin is a Yoruba word for Elephant.
Oya is the name of a river goddess in Yoruba folklore.
Eko is a Yoruba word for Lagoon.

trojanhorse15.near

1 Like

This is my Folklore Stories Entry
The Tittle : Her name is “SHE”
Story Writes by : Jami2017
Near ID : jami2017.near

This stories inspired by young memory child who happens to be in reality out of the world that people doesn’t know.

Once there was a young girl named “She” , Walking in the road with her barefoot. Holding to her mother. While her mama is selling rice cake.
She used to come in her mother if they sell rice cake. She always wonder around the place with many different people. And she always shy to everyone if they see her.

Her mother is 5 months pregnant. She always worried to her mother., even if pregnant still selling rice cake so that they have food to eat. She and her siblings. One day on the way home ,She saw something on the road which is she glance on it and her eyes gets big. She found a huge doll same like her heights. She was very happy to grab it and show to her mother.

This doll face is really adorable and braided hair with light brown color. Her eyes is glowing dark and the eyelids is really long same like human eyelids. She ask her mother to keep it. “Mama, Can i bring this doll with me ?, she is so beautiful .”. But her mother stared bad at her and said “Throw away that dirty doll its so ugly” her mother shouts to her. As she cant do anything but to throw away the doll , she even look at back behind to see this doll and remember this face . She whispered in her self looking to her mother. “I wish that doll same like my mothers baby” to be continue…

Hope my story been choosing. :hugs: Thank you miss @klarakopi for giving me a chance to submit it. :hugs:

3 Likes

Estranghera "The Lady Stranger**

A young woman in her early twenties from Manila decided to spend the summer with her in-laws in a Visayas town. Her older sister married and lived with these people, but she recently passed away. The young woman wanted to pay her respects at her sister’s grave while also getting to know her in-laws.

So she went to the barrio and was greeted warmly. Everyone was overjoyed to see her, especially her sister’s daughter, who is nearly her age. As a Manilea, the young woman dressed differently than the barrio’s conservative and plain residents. Her unique jewelry, watch, earrings, and necklace made her stand out.

And gives a birth after 2years ago she was pregnant with her first baby named Antonio and and seeing growing her baby bump are likely to appreciate there good relationship with Rene manilea is a good spouse to his Probinsyano boy or province husband and the night after out of now where raining during midnight after Manilea labouring his first child Antonio was killed by a ASWANG a Filipino my Folklore creature in mythology and this named Lydia the Aswang mysterious eat and killed there first child.

louietism.near

@klarakopi thank you for accepting us extensions for this bounty.

2 Likes

Hello Fam; have the result been announced somewhere on the group Telegram? @becopro

3 Likes

Hellow @becopro , may we know if theres a winners been announce in this bounty so that we can preferred if our story been choosen just incase., We sure dont like to missed the event of story time in campfire :hugs:

1 Like

Hi everyone!
This time we’ll have only 1 welcome listed winner, so that more people can be selected on the next edition. And we decided to select to the welcome list someone that wasn’t part of it this time.

The 3 welcome listed writers from the previous edition are classified: @wolfwoodShinji , @igormoura and @gabrielfelipejacomel .

It was very hard to choose the other 3 selected!
We have chosen @Adebanjo , @Trojanhorse15 and @louietism .

The fist place, welcome listed to the next event is: @Adebanjo !

We invite everyone to join us and win a wearable NFT at the event and we’ll have an open mic after presenting the selected writers texts, so you can share your stories.

4 Likes

my full story is here

“Notification”

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N55yMzB4xTz6c5QKQmtl9l_R2unji0VfJsumfYGkM_Q/edit?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes

Please @igormoura , @gabrielfelipejacomel , @Adebanjo , @Trojanhorse15 and @louietism deliver your stories until tomorrow night so our storyteller can read them beforehand :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here’s the wearable I made for the event this month, modeled by @becopro and painted by @klarakopi

Chupacabra, legendary creature

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Join us and get one :smiley:

6 Likes

Wow! I’m so happy to be selected yay!, Thanks all that participated and thanks so much @becopro and @klarakopi . I’m grateful.

2 Likes

Here is my full story.
I hope you all enjoy it.

The warrior of our time

Within the tropics in the western Africa, lies a village with a rich culture and social ethnic groups. In this wonderful village, love is spread to one another like butter on a bread and everyone have respect for one another so deep that other people visiting from other villages believe they must have all been from one parent.
The village of Ndata is legendary rich with cultural heritage and but most importantly, Ndata is known to be a home of warlords and this made other villages have great respect for her and also at some point run to her for safety after being brutalized by other villages who want to take them into slavery.
All the young men in Ndata are literally gladiators that are fiercely strong, but among them is a warlord from the clan of Okonwo known to be the bravest Joromi. Joromi is known to be the strongest gladiator in Ndata he is the only son of Chief Okonwo after which he had another daughter called Ifeoma. Joromi had wrestled with all the young men in Ndata and he is known to be the strongest and bravest of them all. He thirst all the time for wrestling and this made him go from one village to another to wrestle every brave men because he was determined at all cost to become the one and only champion in the whole region.
I’m sure you wonder where he got all that from, hmmmmm!, His father of course. Chief Okonwo had fought many battles for Ndata during the Era where other villages would want to encroach on their lands, take them for spot and also want them to become their subject. Chief Okonwo also was very strong that after the king of the village he is next in line. He had also instill all he had known into his children Joromi who happens to be the man and Ifeoma who happens to be the spirit gifted young lady who could turn into any creature of her making.
After so much accolades, Joromi decide to rest because there was no one again to wrestle with, but his restlessness would not give his physical body the opportunity to do that.
There is a palm tree planted in front of their house that is so tall that it enters into the cloud, but based on instructions, their father told them not to have anything to do with it. On a warm evening, after Ifeoma had served Joromi his dinner, he started hearing drums of wrestling. He was disturbed and finally believe it was coming from the palm tree that his father told them not to have anything to do with. I’m the strongest in the land of the living, but in the land of the spirit I’m nothing. He left his food while the drumming was still at its peak ran inside, put on his gladiator suit and off he went climbing the palm tree that would take him to the spirit world. Ifeoma was listening has he was murmuring about going into the land of the spirit to wrestle but kept quiet because she also had plans of going with him to the spirit world. This time, she turned into a tsetse fly and landed quietly on his shoulder as he climbed the long palm tree.
After a very long journey they finally got to the spirit world. Quietly, he started following the rhythm of the beat until he got to where the spirit where wrestling one another so as to Mary the king’s daughter. Having known the price he thought within himself, as a warrior on earth it would be good to Mary a spirit as a wife so my tale would be known from one generation to another. Seeing him, some demon started challenging him, some were horrible creatures but that was not his business because his eyes were set on the price. After so much deliberation they decided to let him participate.
Each time Joromi fight, Ifeoma would sing a song into his brothers ear and the song goes thus;
Do not fight with this Joromi, Jomijo
You are a champion on earth, Joromi, Jomijo
But in the land of the spirit you will die, Joromi jomijo.
He knew the voice was his sister’s but he turned deaf eyes and started wrestling with different demons until he got to the most fierced of them all. A demon with four heads, four hands and four legs who is also known to be the strongest in the land of the spirit.
Joromi indeed was a man of Valor. The battle lasted four days and four nights and they fought terrible until he was able to defeat and cut down the demons three head, three hands and three legs just to render him useless and to leave a mark that he is the strongest.
The demon became weak and was perplexed. Quickly Joromi went in and took his price a wonder spirit young lady to behold. He started making his journey to the land of the living, but
the mistake Joromu did was not to kill the most dangerous of them all he fought with. Their spirit charm man allowed Joromi to take his leave then he took a leaf matched it together and squeeze it on the demons body and all his body part fused at once. While the charm man was doing this Ifeoma was watching so having noticed the demon is awake and now more fierce, hurriedly flew to meet up with his brother to tell him to run as he could because he was been chased by the spirit he thought he had killed, at this point Joromi ran all he could and also decides to carry her on his back and now run for his dear life because he had never experienced this sort of thing before.
The palm tree! whispered into his ear by Ifeoma, who is still in her tsetse fly form is just some meters away. This gave him the courage to run as much faster as he could, he threw the princess on the palm tree and also decides to jump, after which the demon stretch forth his hand to grab him but could not reach him. The demon’s long nails drew a long line on Joromi’s back but he eventually escaped.
It was foretold that we humans are Joromi’s descendants and that is why we have the long lines on our back, due to the demon’s long nail scratch which show what Joromi faced in the quest of wrestling to take his wife from the spirit world.

Once again I’m honoured to be selected.
For those not selected, we need to know we all are winners.

3 Likes