[Approved] Wild User Interviews Podcast (Wuipod -May, June, July)

Overview
Wild User Interviews Podcast (Wuipod) is a long form conversational podcast about People, Product and Crypto focused on the NEAR Ecosystem. We strongly believe in education through entertainment, we exist to provide a platform to all community leaders and builders - enable them to show their personal side, share their vision for the world and views without time limitations and without an agenda.

Work to Date
Wuipod technically received funding in 2021 through Silicon Craftsmen (Product and User Experience Guild). Last month Silicon received funding was October 2021. After a brief hiatus, we kicked started production again in March 2022 with 10 incredible episodes published to date:

I am truly privileged and incredibly grateful to be able to access such interesting and insightful speakers willing to come on and share their stories.

With two more recorded interviews, two more recordings happening this week and a handful of spicy guests that have confirmed and are just pending scheduling we are really looking forward to ramp up production and are looking for funding to help us take this to the next level.

Next Steps: Amplify
Due to the nature of the podcasts and the calibre of the guests, we believe we are sitting on really valuable content and there is a lot more untapped potential that we want to explore through a proper marketing and distribution campaign. Below are some of the key areas we’ll be targeting with the funding:

1. Editor/produced: we’ve just started a trial with a freelance editor to help us increase the quality of the audio/video. The aim is to increase the turnover between recording and publishing. There will still be some content editing done by AVB, but bringing in professional sounds engineers should have a noticeable increase in quality and reduction on me trying to figure how to manage volume of different tracks.
  2. Podcast Clips: create short form content to highlight some of the best parts of each podcast. I’ve already highlighted some of the solid parts I’d like to share, just need some help actually creating the videos. Aim is to have 2-3x promo clips per podcast (can be done retroactively)
  3. Distribute Clips on Twitter and expand to new Mediums: TikTok, Instagram, YouTuve Shorts (these channels need to be created and managed)
  4. Transcripts: include transcripts of each episode on our website to improve SEO. I already have a rough transcript which is automatically generated by one of the editors I use, just needs to be proofread and edited.
  5. Other - we continue to explore marketing opportunities such as creating puzzles based on content from each episode using Crossword.xyz or buying and giving away NFTs from collections related to the guest.

Costs and Considerations
To date each podcast takes approx. 2-3 hours of preparation (scheduling, research, agenda), 2 hours recording, 2-3 hours post-production, minimal marketing. With funding I’m aiming to reduce the post-production time and significantly increase the marketing efforts.

Other fixed costs that I’ve been covering to date:

• Riverside (recording software) US$24pm
  • Transistor (distribution) - US$19pm
  • Descript (editing) - US$30pm (cost shared with Youtube Channel)
  • Reel.so (clips) - $26pm

KPIs and Value Proposition

Beyond the obvious metrics provided by social media such as followers, engagement and views/plays, we’ve got a couple of interesting metrics to assess value created over time:

1. Timeless Content - insightful and entertaining podcasts that ca be picked up at any point in the future and be enjoyed. In other words, the podcast grows with the ecosystem.
  2. Ease of getting high quality speakers; several key things here:
    2.1 their perceived value of the podcast to attach their reputation and allocate time to it;
    2.2 them becoming a distribution channel and net promoter of their episode. Each episode is a top of the funnel, each guests open the window to new listeners who may convert to long term listeners. The more the podcasts appears on people’s timeline, across several awesome guests, the more likely they are to give it a listen. This stresses the importance of maintaining momentum.
  3. Inbound requests for guests. Early collaboration with Flying Rhino, Near Week. Possibility to monetise long term.
  4. Direct feedback from guests
  5. Direct feedback from the community

Our mission is simple, to fastback the onboarding of the next Billion users by owning powerful media and distribution channels that enable us to create and grow a sense of identity and belonging, strengthening community ties by elevating builders and enable newbies to quickly dive deep and learn, no matter when they join us.

Proposal
US$600 per episode for 10 episodes as follow:

• Ep. 10-14 (March & April) - no funding
  • Ep. 15-20 (May & June) - 6 episodes x US$600 = $3,600
  • Ep. 21-25 (July) - 5 Episodes x US$600 = $3,000

Total requested - US$6,600

Looking forward to answering questions from the community, and if you haven’t already, would definitely recommend you give the podcast a listen :smiley:

Links

Wuipod Website: https://wuipod.transistor.fm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wuipod
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVTXKO8W_znXXugsCkNunXA

Conflict of Interest Disclosure

• As a sitting member of the Marketing DAO Council, I will be abstaining from voting on this proposal
  • Other Council members have appeared as guests in the past or have expressed interest in being a guest in the future
  • Previous funded proposals: Alpha Leaks w AVB Youtube in April, Monthly Marketing DAO Remuneration
4 Likes

Happy to support. Have a great day

1 Like

Cool initiative and thank you for including links to previous recordings. You have my approval.

1 Like

A really valuable initiative, thanks Avb for sharing the previous podcasts link for the community to listen :fire:

1 Like

Your show is great and well-produced. As a long-time podcaster, these rates look very reasonable to me. I’m happy to support. Moving this to approved.

3 Likes