Project Name: Seven Vision DAO → Introduction
Contact name: @queenblessings
Project/Council Members: @queenblessings, @sevenvision, @jackie_c
Target address: queenblessings.near → seven-vision.sputnik-dao.near
Current Balance (NEAR): 25 NEAR
Funding period: August 2022, Monthly
Total Requested Funding Amount: $ 1940 USD in NEAR
We have recently completed our original, one-hour documentary, Voices of the Wisdomkeepers, featuring four prolific indigenous elders from Turtle Island (North-America) and West Africa sharing wisdom-keys for creating a better world for future generations.
Over the past few months, we have have held 6 screenings, receiving very positive feedback. Building upon this new release, our goals for this upcoming month are listed below, taking steps towards our greater vision – to establish a sovereign media channel on Web3, as a home for our continuously growing audience, including interactive educational and community dialogue components, especially highlighting the alignment of sovereignty and decentralization with indigenous values, in a way that people across the world can connect with.
Goals This Month:
- Host a documentary event with our community, including the filmmaker and a guest indigenous elder, engage with the community for talking circle dialogue. This will be an all-ages event with youth participants encouraged.
- Document at the upcoming event: 5th Annual Medicine Gathering, - in collaboration with the Pacific Northwest Council of Water Protectors, an indigenous elder-led event. We would document 3 elders, which would also given use for the community. This would be a part of our larger goal of continuing to gather elder wisdom content for an ongoing Voices of Wisdom series
- Continue to explore and develop our offerings for workshops and other educational opportunities (utilizing our new documentary), at the college and high-school level, along with further coordination for opportunities in the upcoming months. We will also move forward with collaborations plans with our community contacts at the Consuelo “La Peña” Cultural Center in Berkeley, CA and the Bloom Network in Fort Collins, CO and contacting colleges
Budget & Projects: $1940
Council work / coordination:
- Continued planning and submission of proposals to our community contacts and communities that would be interested in hosting Voices of the Wisdomkeepers showings and workshops: $400
- Coordination and communication by the main filmmaker of the documentary including involvement with talking circles: $160
Documentary at Water Protector Medicine Gathering - Documenting 3 elders
- Video production including a 2-camera set up, shotgun microphones and all professional equipment (half-day): $550
- Editing: completion of 3 video clips (between 2-5 minutes each) of Elder wisdom. These videos will be part of the ongoing Voices of Wisdom series: $240
Screening event with talking circle
- Organization and coordination of the event: $200
- Creation of promotional and marketing materials: $150
- Space rental: $140
- Honorarium for a local indigenous elder to be present at the talking circle: $100
Metrics for Success:
- Successful hosting of 1 documentary screening event with attendees participating in a community talking circle.
- Completion of 3 short videos (between 2-5 minutes each) of elder wisdom to be added to our channels.
- Onboarding 1 new Seven Vision DAO member, providing education and introduction to the NEAR ecosystem and Web3.
- Continued development and following up with contact leads for educational opportunities with our documentary.
- Continued education and transition of current members into mentorship roles, to offer teaching about the NEAR ecosystem and Web3.
Thank you @creativesdao-mods