[Approved] March 2022 Social Media and Marketing activities budget for Goa Guild

[PROPOSAL] February/March 2022 Social Media and Marketing activities budget for Goa Guild

Welcome, NEAR fam, to our plan for the next month(s)

1. We’re continuing to be focused on events, and the main is - weekly Blockchain meetups and music jams after that
    it contains open discussions, sharing experiences, own projects and ideas to find community support, NFT workshops. music part will be livestreaming to Instagram, Youtube and now we start to explore streams to Metaverse, as well as after event music NFT will be minted on Mintbase, so the report will include 3XR Gallery next time, i hope:)
    we’ve already started to test this idea
    on goadaostore.mintbase1.near - Mintbase Store
    one part of Meetup is about awareness of NEAR Protocol, news and announcements, how to participate in activities on NEAR Ecosystem
    another part of Meetup is about sharing experience, projects and ideas, invited speakers present their projects in Crypto, questions and answers, discussions of incoming projects to be funded, voting for supporting any of them
    https://forms.gle/v488UkbrioSvJBZEA - form for meetups to understand motivation and purposes of coming people
    and the next part is music jam, that connects people and give time to talk to each other
    also now we have NFT-labs where we’re helping creative people from Goa to onboard on Paras and Mintbase

2. explore Mintbase and Paras for Goa musicians and creative people (also through events) - to mint their art as NFTs on Goa DAO store and to use NEAR ecosystem opportunities to promote it - to collaborate with other DAOs and platforms on NEAR.
    We have engaged professional sound engineer who is ready to visit places and events (minimum around 5 per month) to record some parts of it, that we mint as NFTs on mintbase store of dao. The same time we’ll onboard these artists with creating wallets for royalties and promote all it through their social media by the way. Here we’re aimed to collect parties as NFTs and then to create gallery “Goa Vibes” from it.

3. We continue to maintain our Social channels:
    :busts_in_silhouette::ru: TELEGRAM https://t.me/NEARopenweb
    :satellite:en TELEGRAM Telegram: Contact @NEARopenweb_en
    :satellite: INSTAGRAM Login • Instagram
    :satellite: TWITTER https://twitter.com/goanearopenweb // @GoaNEARopenweb
    :satellite: DISCORD Discord just opened

4. this month (and further) we want to support 2-4 (per month) art / educational initiative projects from Goa that promote NEAR Protocol here - to choose it by voting and sharing ideas on our meetups. it will spread awareness about NEAR from mouth to mouth way of adv +Instagram, Telegram.
    First supported project here is “Leo drawing with kids”. until he’s preparing his own proposal under our guidance, we’ve funded him with 20N(200USD) to laminate and scan children’s works and for materials (painting colors…) for lessons with kids. as well as he’s preparing kids drawings to mint it as NFTs on Mintbase and Paras.
    his project description [Proposal] GoaDAO - Children's Creative Club is minting on Mintbase - Feb/March 2022

5. Now we also put efforts on developing Telegram Bot - to make payments with NEAR easier and faster for people. (under control of @denni_wild)
    **it’s already can be tested @near_wallet_bot
    NEAR wallet bot
    Functions:

6. Creation of a NEAR wallet

7. Deposit $NEAR from external exchanges or from other wallets (later - from Paytm)

8. Send NEAR to other users (can be sent to wallet address or to telegram username)

9. Withdraw to external wallets

10. Currency conversion to and from selected currencies like rupees and dollars. Possibility to specify amount in fiat currency

11. Information buttons, mailing lists, etc. - standard info functions of bot

12. Can be organized as an external available node or raise our own node.

• Goa Guild
  • Funding scheme: Monthly
  • Initiative summary:

Expected impact and value you foresee for the NEAR ecosystem/community
All our events and activities are aimed to involve more active members to the NEAR Ecosystem, as well as to educate about NEAR Protocol opportunities and create near.wallets.
Goa audience mostly consists of creative people, and we’re aimed to mint their art on Paras and Mintbase - so to promote these platforms among art claster here and to join artists to blockchain through NFTs - now here the big work is going on! it can involve to ecosystem a lot of creative people of different nationalities
For music jams and other music events that we support our impact is :

1. Entire events will be minted as NFT and will be selling on GoaDAOs Mintbase Store
  2. NEAR Protocol & GoaDAO logos will be printed in the physical banners, flyers and stickers and also on the event posters which will be shared across our social media platforms and physically in places.
  3. Awareness among artists gathered during the events about NEAR Protocol, creation near wallets for those, whom we’ll mint after recording the event

Metrics for measuring success

1. Social Media metrics
    1.1. Instagram
    160 followers now → +30% to 210-230 followers

1.2. Telegram
110 followers → +50% to 160-170 followers

1.3. Twitter
30 followers → +30% to 40-50 followers

1.4. Discord
→ to explore, to fill with info, grow to 20-30 followers

1. Events metrics
    2.1. 4 meetups+jams, about 100+ people are expected to visit
    2.2. 2-4 art / educational initiative projects from Goa to be supported for promotion NEAR Protocol here - to involve community to creation and its promotion through social channels - hundreds of views we’ll try to achieve.
    we’ll show collections and artists that will be onboarded to NEAR in report
    2.3. give support to 3-4 people/projects at least to join to NEAR Ecosystem - study how to apply for grants, show NEAR University programs for developers, ect. This we’re doing through meetups already quite a lot
    2.4. to support 1 event with audience 150-200 people with full NEAR visual and social media promotion and minting artists records from there NFTs and opening wallets and stream to metaverse
    2.5. make records from 5-6 events, including jams, and mint its parts as NFTs - around 10-20 NFTs from events per month
    2.6. to mint(onboard) up to 5 musicians to GoaDAO Mintbase store and up to 5 other creative artists to Paras
    2.7. to create with these NFTs 3xr-gallery “Goa Vibes”
    2.8. to perform at least 1 competition/contest among NFTs with common voting, to buy 1 NFT from each active artist

Funding Details

1. Social media
    1.1. maintaining Instagram, Telegram, Twitter and Discord accounts: management - share NEAR related content, articles and announces in both English and Russian, answer all questions, inform about our events, perform competitions and voting
    = 350USD ( 40N. price based at the time of posting 8.6USD)
    1.2. 1-3 post to be promoted in order to increase the visibility of announcements of our events = 30USD (3.4N)
    1.3. videographer work - creating 4 report videos = 400USD (4*100usd; 46N)
    1.4. designer (posters for meetups, preparing for print banners, stickers, flyers for promotion events +covers for NFTs to Mintbase)
    here i’m looking forward to cooperate with Design Guild
    1.5. Print 150 USD (17.2N)
    300-400 stickers; 30 posters, 10 banners, 300 flyers/cards
    1.6. merch for jams and meetups authors design 50USD (5.7N)
    is authors handmade designed clothes w/NEAR logo, 5 piece test set, 10usd each, we plan to gift it to the most active artists who are minting at goadao-mntbase store
    total : 980USD = 113.9N (1N=8.6usd)

2. Events
    2.1.Meetups +Jams
    20N *4 = 90N (800USD)
    2.2 NFT-competitions and awards = 25N (220usd)
    2.3. support 1 event =750USD (87.2N)
    if needed, seperate proposal for it will be made, but generally, it can be quite common with this one, but greater enough , with bigger place, adv, number of people, with minting NFTs from recorded artists (what was described up).
    2.4. making NFTs from events

• soundengineer. recording musicians on events, mastering = 300USD =34.8N
  • work on minting NFTs to Mintbase platform, some artists to Paras.id (visual and other art) = 200USD (23.2N) - 2 people
    total: 2270USD (260N)
  1. Incentives for opening NEAR wallets : we are making transfer of 0.1N to every new wallet opened with our help
    = 5N (43usd)

2. council work (2 people) = 860USD (100N = 23%)

3. Funding Bot = 400USD (40N)
    **it’s already can be tested @near_wallet_bot

at the moment we have 28N, and some more time before next funding (hope less than 2 weeks)
20N of them we’ll put on 2 weekly meetups
8N is rest

• Total requested amount in USD and NEAR (price based at the time of posting 8.6N)
    4553USD = 529.4N
    minus 8N = 521.4N = 4484USD

NEAR Wallet ID / DAO
goa-dao.sputnik-dao.near

@marketingdao-council :pray:

4 Likes

did you reviewed it? @marketingdao-council
@David_NEAR @cryptocredit @Dacha

I’ve just tested this and created a wallet, it’s awesome but I do have concerns. Who holds the private keys to that wallet?

Where is the data sent and how is it sent when someone uses the Import Wallet function?

Promoted how? Where? What’s the metrics you’re using to measure its success?

Of what nature? How will you use them? Are there any examples?

Do you have the link to the parcel for this? Seems high.

Awesome!

This doesn’t go into any detail. Please expand and include:

• What are the goals?
  • What does it actually consist of? E.g x hours per week ensuring we are able to do xxxx
  • How will it help you achieve success with your marketing?
  • What metrics are you measuring to determine success?

Huge concerns around security with this as mentioned above. I’m not able to export the wallet either, AFAIK, which removes a significant part of the need for a NEAR Wallet, since it seems you can only send and receive within this.

Of what?

2 Likes

@denni_wild could you clarify questions concerned to the bot please?

and

:pray:

Hey, the questions are here:

@David_NEAR thank you for the reply!
about bot i call Denni , it’s his sub-project that he’s taking responsibility

about Instagram promotion previous report has results from using IG promotion tools there. now we’re going to promote post about calling artists to participate in minting and competition, and about the last meetup of the month, and probably smth else, metaverse party. i suppose it will be enough for 3-4 small promotion ads in Instagram of our actiivities.

about videographer work - first purpose for him was to make videos from meetups, to post it in IG (and youtube) to let people know what we’re doing here. now mostly i suppose this work will be connected to prepare the video from event for streaming it to metaverse party . as well as to have full links to event when we make NFT from it, to put into description of it the link to see the report from event,
i can reduce the budget if you think it’s too much, but ant professional videomaker takes here 100USD minimun for a work on 1 video, so i put some additonal budget in reserve if some project, that we’re curating, will be also needed with video report. (like project of Leo, for example, and now many art projects are coming to us for getting knowlges about NEAR and NFTs, we’re helping them to onboard, and i suppose it will be interestng to get video reports from them with interview )

i was talking to @thephilosopher about renting a parcel from MetaverseDAO
and one party i’d love to perform with nearhub.online as well.

yes, here i agree with your doubts and just today we decide to close this position and line. it was an idea to work on telegram channel to design it with welcoming notes and some bots, but i also don’t see the value of it now. i manage to moderate and fullfill with news wthout bots:) so this point i’m removing

here i should probably write “councils work” :see_no_evil:
managing tasks, events, people, connecting it. accepting incoming proposals and questions, giving all info and links about NEAR Protocol, as well as pr and communicaton, agreements , onboarding people and projects, controling budget and expances, expanding the team(i hope).
i try to divide it into 2 parts in order to delegate some activities, and to be more a DAO and to join more interested people to be in the team
70% of the day it takes usually and the whole success depends on it)) and metrics as well are connected to all that is descrbed here. if during the month i’ve managed to perform 2-3 cool metaverse parties, to create some special collab with other DAOs and onboard a number of artists to GoaDAO Mintbase store - it’ll mean the success, i suppose

we care a lot about security because we understand that we are responsible for the funds of our people.
the bot uses the official NEAR-API-JS API to create and import accounts
currently using a local folder to store key pairs, similar to Near-cli
the only difference is that the folder is on our server where the bot is hosted

the folder is located in a docker container closed from external access, the container interacts with the bot using the rest api inside the docker network

from outside the Internet, access is open only to the callback address of success authorization of the available mood domain via cloudflare, the real IP server is not visible at the specified address, the address is forwarded through the nginx proxy
to the api server.

to provide all security guarantees at the moment. Access via ssh is possible only with ssha keys. Root access is closed. Server OS Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

the bot itself does not have direct access to the keys
the api server interacts with the keys on the js node

1 Like

ok

Slightly overpriced for me. Is it a fair rate ?

Probably, doubled with first one…

Do you have a specific quantity of banners, stickers, flyers? What is stand for “Merch” ?

Could you please justify this point? What kind of projects ? Thank You

Ok, would be great to see a list of all wallets with next report. It’s important for me to learn how many new Community Members remain in Near Ecosystem.

Thank you for proposal and great job.

1 Like

And the last question :grinning:

What the difference between proposal in Marketing and Creativities DAO?

A little bit confuse

good morning
thank you for reply

i wrote it upper there:

1. Social Media metrics
    1.1. Instagram
    160 followers now → +30% to 210-230 followers
    1.2. Telegram
    110 followers → +50% to 160-170 followers
    1.3. Twitter
    30 followers → +30% to 40-50 followers
    1.4. Discord - we’ve just opened it

to explore, to fill with info, grow to 20-30 followers

they charge 100USD for shooting and masterng 1 video, any of video-editors
and i have no idea, how much will be charged to prepare 1hour video from the event for streaming it to metaverse party, so i put a bit more here for the case it will be more expensive

about it i answered to David - i’m going to edit and cancel this point

merch is authors handmade designed clothes w/NEAR logo, 5 piece test set, 10usd each, we plan to gift it to the most active artists who are minting at goadao-mntbase store
300-400 stickers; 50 posters, 10 banners, 500 flyers
if some project, coming to us, also needs with print promo, wish to help them with promotion their project powered by NEAR

i’ve mentioned about it here:

now there are projects that coming to us with idea to be minted on NEAR platforms, so we’ll help them to create wallets, to connect to paras, to create mintbase stores, study how to mint. there are painters, women who makes thousands of Mandalas, musicians. there is an social idea to prepare children playground free of charge, to clean the beach and put garbage bins - sucj initiatives we’re going to collect and vote and support those that is usefull for enviroment and people
also now we’re helping to few more projects to prepare great proposals to forum here. so it’s a part of big work about spreading awareness about NEAR Protocol is going on.

yes, it’s important for me as well. very difficult to count wallets without referal link that could count it by itself, because some people are creating their wallets by themselves, anyway we try to count the number of wallets by the transaction-history from our wallets and i do my best to control it.
if you have an idea what is the best way of counting these new wallets - i’d appreciate if someone can share it !

1 Like

as Creative DAO asked me to prepare separate proposal for their category, i took the whole block that is concerning Mintbase and shift it there, according to creatve dao rules

and i took out this field of budget from marketing dao

if i did it wrong way, please correct me :pray:

1 Like

@marketingdao-council i made corrections in post
is it now going to be approved?

Ok thank you! Waiting for feedback from @MktngDAO_Advisors . I’ll approve it, if it’s looks good for our best-in-class advisors.

2 Likes

Hi all – @David_NEAR @marketingdao-council were your questions about the security of the wallet bot answered completely by @denni_wild? If not, what else do you want to know on that front?

In terms of the marketing itself, a few thoughts:

• I support the meetups and that you are combining education around Near with arts/entertainment.
  • For the metaverse parts of the project, I would like to know how you are going to report on the success – viewers, participants, etc? What’s your plan there? I know it is an experiment, but think about how you are going to measure the success so you can adjust your activities and know how to improve it over time for better reach and impact.
  • @Dacha asked about how to track the wallets so we can see who is participating in the community, not just signing up. Is there a way to ask people to add their wallet to a form and a send a screenshot perhaps for a chance at an airdrop of your project’s NFTs or another added incentive? I am not sure of the exact logistics, but is there a creative way you can incentivize people to share information with you so that it’s easier to track who is creating wallets?
1 Like

@johanga , agree , it’s very important!

Thank you for questions!

Here it’s firstly and mostly Mintbase part, so the number of nfts minted and artists onboarded during the month, and if we’ll able to sell. Nfts will be constructed from recording sets from real events and from separately onboarded artists.
Exploring metaverse here is one more way of promotion opportunities on near to artists and to onboard them. So here as well i see that the number of people who start to visit metaverse events of near daos from Goa (we’ll make nft-airdrops after also to get wallets), the number of artists who join the community, number of proposals from Goa events for future months:)

As for now I’m counting very easy - by the number of 0.1N sent from my wallet for it’s activation. :slight_smile: our team also report regularly about their opened wallets (=sent N) so we can see it by transactions from specific wallet(s)
Also , we have a form, all the time it’s modifying, but there we can check other wallets, and details

Then again with nft-airdrops after event we can see number of active wallets
Anyway, we have a community, that is very natural and real, and every project or artist or proposal we guide we know

:sparkles::pray:

2 Likes

Hello @johanga You put this article in this form to guide members to create a wallet. This article was written on April 11 and it is old.
It is better to update it Thanks.
ولتتتت

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply to the questions @johanga!

2 Likes

thank you for noticing !!

3 Likes

Ok, I propose approve your proposal.

Thanks

2 Likes