[Approved] Coffee Service & Onboarding at NEAR APAC

The team from El Cafe Cartel propose to organise in conjunction with the NEAR Vietnam hub to serve coffee to attendees over the 2 day period of the NEAR APAC Convention in September this year.

What better way to start off your day at the conference than with a fresh cup of coffee. A cup of coffee allows the attendees to relax, mingle and network before entering specific forums and events on each day. NEAR is a community that is inclusive and welcoming and we feel that getting to know each other over a good cup of coffee could enhance the atmosphere of the event.

The coffee will not only serve the purpose of engaging with each other it will be used as an medium to onboard the attendees to the NEAR ecosystem and BOS. It is intended that the coffee cups will have a sticker of QR code where they need to scan to claim their coffee. This QR code will direct them to both NEAR wallet creation and also Iamhuman registrations.

To add to the excitement, our team will also drop 1000 of our Cafe Citizen NFT collection for the first 1000 IamHuman verifications. This will be done through NEAR technology “Shard Dog” which provides a seemless experience for wallet creation and NFT Drops.

Finally, to promote NEAR APAC a trait drop will be launched for the full Cafe Citizen collection and can be claimed through the Dynamic NFT trait swap platform, Bodega.

This will be our first time to deliver a service at a NEAR community event. We have previously had team members attend NEARcon 2022 to represent our project but this time we would like to go for a bigger scope not just attending the event but also bringing more new users to NEAR ecosystem, which is our goal for this collaboration.

Our KPI for the 2 days is to:

• Onboard 1500 new wallets
  • Achieve 1000 Iamhuman verifications
  • Serve 5000 coffees

Funding requested for a total of $4985.
Breakdown:
Coffee Machine rental - $1500USD
Coffee Beans - $870USD
Fresh Milk - $2000USD
Water - $60
Hot Paper Cups - $125USD
Staff- $300USD
Merchandise - $130USD

28 Likes

An original and imaginative proposal. This approach, which combines and enhances NEAR’s integration into IRL events, is what we need. I admire how this suggestion will highlight NEAR’s built-in technological advantages at conferences.

7 Likes

This is an excellent idea to onboard attendees to the NEAR ecosystem and promote NDC & I-AM-HUMAN verification as well.

Additionally, adding the NEAR logo on the cup with a QR code will definitely make it stand out and catch people’s attention.

It’s a brilliant way to spread awareness about NEAR and create a memorable experience for the attendees.

9 Likes

IRL marketing initiatives are always impactful. I think this would be a great event, though maybe there could be someway to expand the reach beyond the conference floor, maybe outside to attract people to the event? Just a thought.

The amount of impact Aescobar and Cartel have provided to the ecosystem is immeasurable and I fully trust and support their proposal!

-Brand0 Mand0

11 Likes

Wow. Nice bizarre approach… LFG :fire:

7 Likes

wow, nice idea! first step for cartel to realize IRL-NFT bridge :wink: Same mud same blood buddies, GL!

9 Likes

El Cafe Cartel team has been building at hardest times without any support and as far as I see, even this proposal is prepared to match some of the costs, but adding great value to ecosystem. This is a great way to onboard new people and introduce Near and NFTs. With this creative event, I believe real users will be attracted with engagement.

8 Likes

Great way to onboard coffee lovers onto the NDC, will enjoy seeing cartel in NEAR APAC setting up a booth :fire:

7 Likes

ooooh I’d love to see this! IRL meetups are a great way to bridge. With the shard dog tech and coffee, I would expect nothing but good to come from this.

4 Likes

Is this a typo? How much does milk cost per litre in Vietnam?

Looks like an interesting project…

4 Likes

Hai mate
Each milk cost around 75000Vnd per liter which is 3$ USD per liter
A liter of milk can get 6 cup of coffee which we will need 833 liter of milk to deliver everything and we will cover the rest of the milk if we need more

Cup that we are going to use is 6.5oz = 195ml
20ml will go to the espresso
175ml will be the milk, we will use around 166ml before steam and will grow 5-10% including the milk foam.

10 Likes

i am not sure about price but i am sure it is a great idea to distributed coffee for people.

4 Likes

It would be great to have this support in my region.

2 Likes

I can see your concern about the price, but if they can provide the KPIs they are shooting for in terms of Iam human onboarding, and if they are serving 5000 cups of coffee at $1 a cup, it doesn’t seem too far fetched. Its gonna be a lot of work making that much coffee :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

in fact , the price of coffee will be different from country to another and i don’t know anything about prices in this country.

2 Likes

From what we have research, if it was specialty coffee you will need around 2-3$ but because we serve on certain quantity and it’s just for an event. We squeeze everything and make it 1-1.3$ per cup of coffee

3 Likes

I really like this idea.

And the cost may seem high but it’s mostly fixed costs.

At NEARCON last year some of the best conversations where had around the coffee stations. Big hit and can totally see it being good for onboarding.

Will there be person specifically there to help people with the BOS? Or even a couple people around with maybe computers with some BOS features for people to see?

3 Likes

irl meetings with a great cup of coffee are the best way to stay mentally strong to keep building during these bearish times :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

2 Likes

Thanks for the positive support @jarednotjerry.
We can definitely collab and/or accommodate that.
Happy to discuss for sure.

1 Like

Indeed. Its all about bringing the community and those participating in NEAR APAC together. It’s one thing we love about NEAR, the inclusiveness and the support from others in the ecosystem all moving in the same direction.

Some of the best networking can be done by setting a great atmosphere for people to collaborate. we think the coffee stand will bring that.

3 Likes