[APPROVED] Boneyard Gaming Community Social Media/Content budget August 2023

Project: Boneyard Gaming Community

Transfer on Astro DAO - https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-807

Boneyard Gaming Community budget August 2023
Est. August 2022
Previous funding from Marketing DAO in June: [Approved] May 2023 Boneyard Gaming Monthly Social Media & Community budget
The only previous funding before June came from my pocket and other giveaways I’ve won in the beginning of the year totaling of about 500-700USD.

Links:

Boneyard Gaming Discord (223 members) - No difference due to purge
Boneyard Gaming Twitter (864 followers) - 163 new followers
billybones1 Twitter (2450 followers) - verified Twitter account - 364 new followers
Soos Twitter (597 Followers)
TikTok (231 followers) - 43 new followers
Youtube (NEW - 52 subs) - 21 new followers
Linktree 1 link to rule them all!

The Boneyard Gaming Community is on a global level and everything supported with the english language.

Hello @marketingdao-council,

Since our last proposal we’ve pulled back a bit to focus on setting up a podcast-esque sessions for the near future rather than just twitter spaces. I feel this will give a better dynamic in being able to showcase playable games while interviewing founders/devs. We can capture an attractable live for the viewers to see and watch their favorite devs demo their product. This is done on traditional marketplaces and I personally enjoy hearing from the devs explaining the logic with behind the scenes developments and ideation of their games. In web3 this is very important for the gamers to not only hear the founders but to see them demo live for that trust to factor in.

Links to metrics and socials are above. We have a couple content creators to promote gaming on chain with a Near Protocol focus. Content showcasing fun and exciting moments will draw more attention from gamers. We have made a couple tutorials and threads in the past and plan to scale the onboarding process. With the NDC elections around the corner we would love to help push awareness and reward content creators. With continued funding I will reward a small group of content creators for content. So far, its going quite well with the talent we have at a modest budget.

Goals:

The main objective of the Boneyard Gaming community goes beyond playing and discovering games. Our aim is to actively contribute to the advancement of web3 gaming, with a focus on Near blockchain. Recognizing the challenges faced by new gaming projects in connecting with their target audience within the Near community, we have assumed the role somewhat of a concierge, bridging the gap and facilitating meaningful connections. In addition to offering guidance and support, I have also been instrumental in promoting these projects through the amplification of social media presence and the regular hosting of Twitter Spaces, which we host twice a week.

We currently have 3 content creators actively making short-form content about video games in general growing our socials. As we feature new games building on Near we can offer them some free content after these interviews and AMAs. Content including live streams, short-form, tutorials, threads, on top of our live interviews. I plan to structure incentivized bounties for those looking for a boost in attraction to their game. I wish to scale this too as many people possible and have a content driven network. The ultimate goal is a guild one day, not one of those who pump games but support with real content.

Team:

Host - billybones1 - United States
Co-host - Soos - Philippines

I’m billybones1 and I created the grassroots community Boneyard Gaming in late 2022, known as the Boneyard Gaming Community. In my free time, I built out a Discord with my skills learned from moderating over the past year and a half. It has since grown beyond my expectations. Boneyard Gaming has evolved into a community that eagerly explores the newest game releases on Near and various other game-related blockchain networks. Within this community, we engage in socializing, playtesting alpha game builds, and actively participating in a variety of events. Our efforts have garnered attention, and I am pleased to share that I have already formed partnerships with several projects. At the beginning of this year I started going hard creating short-form content to compliment our game streams and our end-goal.

My Co-Host Soos is also a core team member of NEKO as the Learn to Earn Manager, one of the hosts of the Neko Morning Show, and Neko content creator. He’s passionate about web3 and NEAR, Soos loves to share his knowledge and insights through writing threads, making videos, and creating educational content to help new users. He is an ex-Overwatch E-sports pro and his insights from competitive gaming is a vital resource for these live sessions. Content creation and blockchain awareness is what Soos loves to educate on and I’m glad he’s a part of the Boneyard Gaming Community as a Co-host and as a content creator.

Deliverables:

Boneyard Gaming Twitter Spaces metrics doc

The Boneyard Gaming Twitter account has grown quite well since last proposal with 163 new followers at the time of this writing. I would imagine the continued growth as we move to a podcast. In June we had over 12.2K impressions. When we first started doing spaces we averaged about 10 live listeners. As time went on we witnessed the slow growth to 20 and most recently we have about 30-40. At times we had over 100 total listeners who later listened to the recording.

Here’s a screenshot of me testing the podcast platform.

UPDATE: Here is the pilot to our podcast with Ludero.
Twitter - https://twitter.com/boneyard_gaming/status/1686622274395504640
Twitch - Twitch
Youtube - Guest: Reza Founder of Ludero - YouTube

Here is some short-form content made from the podcast above.
Intro to the Boneyard Gaming Podcast
Ludero’s Discord announcement
L2E with Ludero’s platform

This is very meaningful as we have just started and I’m honestly excited to take things to the next level. I love to see the meaningful growth in the audiences every live. With recent viewer retention I’m anxious to reach triple digits! By constantly holding spaces, content creation, and game nights its been running quite well.

To date we’ve hosted a total of 42 spaces for 63 hours with 2218 unique listeners. Never would I had imagined we come this far. All the while still looking to scale our efforts and improve is something I haven’t thought about when creating this project. The community and founders have all been a great help participating on the lives and engaging with us from the beginning.

June 2023 Project Guests:

Community spaces X2
Murder Mystery Collective
Time Breachers
Wax
Ailand
Rogues Studios
DefiMons

Relevant Experience:

I’ve been involved in the near ecosystem since January 2022. I started off as an active community member who was looking for their next favorite video game. I quickly became a moderator/community manager in several projects which led to me quitting my full-time job as a shipping supervisor for a small Chinese company. The experience gained there and previous other jobs in office admin and customer service primed me for what I do today. If you haven’t heard me say this before, I’m a lifelong passionate gamer since the original Nintendo days. I’ve been Jr. trading crypto for the past 2-3 years and found gaming in the 2021 P2E bubble. I am also a part of a couple gaming guilds I recently joined a couple gaming guilds to get a feel of what a gaming guild is. Both of which have just started and a perfect opportunity to watch and see how one is built out. I’ve also invited Soos to join as well so we both learn.

As mentioned above Soos is the L2E Manager at NEKO (Good Fortunate Felines) and one of the hosts for the NEKO Morning Show. Once we found the streaming platform they ran with it. The Boneyard Gaming podcast looks to replicate that success on multiple channels as well. Soos loves to educate and has even managed a pro E-Sports gaming team for the game Overwatch. This is prevalent to our mission and his views and knowledge are a pillar in what this project is. He has been helping me co-host these spaces since February. Us both being core team members of NEKO has sparked our chemistry, love for games, and crypto. Which is the reason I’ve invited him as a co-host to these lives.

I encourage anyone looking for more facts & past experience, please see our last approved proposal from June linked above. It also serves as a good Boneyard Gaming intro as well.

Funding for the month of August 2023:

1 month of Podcasts/twitter spaces - 8 sessions ~1.5 hours each (see metrics above)

Time spent hosting (1-2 hours) + Time spent prepping (2-4+hours each) outreach/scheduling/flyers/research/organization - 250USDC per session (2000USDC/month)

Mic stand/arm - 50USDC (equipment 1 time cost)

Premium Streaming Services (3rd party RTMP - gaming specific) - 100USDC

Total monthly requested: 2150USD

boneyardgaming.near

Wallet owner - billybones1

Finally, I’d like to thank the Marketing DAO for the past support and the time to check this proposal.

14 Likes

Thank you for your proposal

Are you a part of the gaming DAO? If not, I’d like you to get involved and align together since they are part of MDAO constellation in V0.

Read more here https://gov.near.org/t/announcement-marketing-dao-constellation-ndc-v0-new-proposals-funding-procedures-julys-funding-request/35476

1 Like

Hey, thanks for looking.

I’ve been in the GDAO Telegram since its inception and speaking with @haenko in DMs. Dacha has instructed me to contact for funding but they don’t have a budget yet. Dacha then instructed to post a proposal to the MDAO. Here we are now.

4 Likes

Could you please separate your report from the proposal next time? the format for report submissions is available at the link i provided above.

I only see a twitter spaces docs in the reports doc you shared, which is quite impressive.

Also, what difficulties have you encountered while working on this “we will be hosting a weekly game night following these events.This game night will serve as an opportunity for participants to actively test and experience the games we discuss during the spaces, with the added incentive of Near prizes/NFTs. By offering tangible rewards and showcasing the availability of these games, we aim to generate increased attention and interest while simultaneously providing education on how to onboard onto the Near platform.”

I did not see any reports attached to the doc, only the test screenshot you shared.

2 Likes

I think this shows KPI from the proposal really well, but a small report section detailing what you learned from the first implementation of the show would be very helpful! Great work overall!

3 Likes

Yes the game nights have not been the best with less than 10 participants each time. This is due to game night being new and the restraints that our audience might not own a PC. Its difficult to organize a game night when not everyone has a PC. Another hurdle was time zones. We had to vote when was the best time and the result was a few fell off because of this.

The way we will deal with this is a more interactive live in a podcast where people can see a demo of live game play before having to commit to a blind download. When you see live gameplay its 10x easier to make the decision of committing to the game. Also, the viewers may have a chance to join a game with the founder which I personally think is cool.

As far as the report I did not record giveaways unfortunately. I planned to create a giveaway wallet to help separate this data and create another spreadsheet to record it for future data.

Here is the test podcast we did last night and it went quite well with 0 marketing and attendance incentives. We got a total of 53 views so far and has exceeded my expectations already. The founder of Ludero DMd us afterwards and was pleased as well and was excited to return for a future update with him. This is also broadcasted over 3 platforms, Twitch, Youtube, and Twitter.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/boneyard_gaming/status/1686622274395504640
Twitch - Twitch
Youtube - Guest: Reza Founder of Ludero - YouTube

With 53 views total at the time of this message, we’re aiming for triple digits!

4 Likes

Great, and i am glad you have a solution for the audience that does not have or own PCs.

Could you please set up a time for us to talk so i can learn more about your community? my tg is Bakakaa

3 Likes

Of course I’ll have time shortly after lunch. I’ll contact you.

1 Like

Yes, I confirm this information, at the moment GDAO does not have any funds for the allocation of grants, as soon as this appears, I would be glad to see an application for funding from Bily.

3 Likes

Love this! Boneyard Gamins is a great community, which encourages and organizes web3 gamers to from the inside to go and explore games available on NEAR, growing their respective community. Considering web3 games are struggling to get users, as majority of games are not onboarded to web3 and don’t have wallets, it is crucial to grow these communities from the inside, which is impossible without proper organization and coordination, that Boneyard Gaming is providing.

I’ve had 10s of different gaming projects on my spaces, have listened to their problems, discussed challenges, and can attest that an organized web3 gaming community is much needed on NEAR.

3 Likes

Reza from Ludero here. Billy has hosted us and supported us for a while and asked for nothing in return. It would be great to see him have more resources so he can help more projects get exposure on NEAR at a grass roots level.

2 Likes

I’ve only had positive experiences in Billy’s community.

1 Like

Would love to see Soos and Billy backed by the Gaming DAO. They have both demonstrated that they are settlers of the ecosystem. Excited to see who they can onboard via GameFi!

1 Like

I like that you are moving away from twitter spaces and moving towards video/podcasts.

The ability to create multiple pieces of content is a huge benefit and perform way better.

Also, the bounties are interesting… how are you going to do those? Just discord? There’s the Hereos app in NEAR. I think using something more web3 would be good and you have options.

6 Likes

Ya I felt a podcast would do better especially with gaming as they’re a visual product. The recent test pod proved this with a good amount of views with no announcements.

I’ve seen Hero’s app and wasn’t sure if it was ready to go. That would be a great idea and definitely have to revisit his site so I can utilize it for bounties.

My initial thoughts were to do the same as the NEKO and Jump DeFi ambassador program where I’m the ambassador manager. There’s an application form, a submission form, and lastly a form to track ambassadors and their submissions. Hero’s bounty site would significantly simplify this process. I’ll do some research and fire up a test bounty if its ready ASAP.

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal @billybones1 – noting the support from the community here on the forum.

What’s your plan for growing audience? Along with publishing content and switching up the format to experiment with one you think will be more impactful, how is the team thinking about proactively reaching more people? Would be great to hear more about your strategy there.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @so608,

Yes the community support is the best part of doing this and the reason why I continue.

As for your question, I’m glad you asked. As I’ve proposed for an additional budget of 400USD and what Jared and I just mentioned in the previous comments, I wish to get whomever is willing to make content about Near, NDC, and of course, gaming. I was also thinking to lower the game night budget significantly to support this new initiative as the MDAO has a budget to withhold and want to be fair as possible. Let me know your thoughts please.

I also think that if we can get playable games with devs and audience members live would be fire. The people who watch our TikTok & YT channels probably don’t know that we hold Twitter spaces. I will highlight them in hopes they become curious enough to watch a live.

Here’s a couple shorts I made these past couple of days.
Intro to the Boneyard Gaming Podcast
Ludero’s Discord announcement
L2E with Ludero’s platform

1 Like

Love this proposal Billy has been a KOL in the ecosystem for some time now.

You have our support!

2 Likes

Happy to support your proposal.

NB: you still need support from MDAO councils to get approved.

Looking forward to see your report.

1 Like

Thank you for your support. I hope the MDAO can as well. Looking forward to push gaming on Near.