Sankore 2.0 December Guild Report
Guild Name: Sankore 2.0
Covering: Our progress so far and insights we’ve gained.
The monthly report for November includes the following seven sections:
- December’s Highlights
- Dapp Use Cases
- Partnership: Open Forest Protocol Partnership
- Blog Posts
- Social Media Management & Analytics
- Review of the December Roadmap from November’s Guild Report
- Next Month’s Roadmap.
1. December’s Highlights
- We continued to run Africa’s first series of official NEAR-MEETs in several Kenyan cities including Nakuru
- We partnered with CV Labs to organise the first NEAR Pitch Competition Tour. We will announce the details soon.
- Planning to start a physical training centre in Kisumu for certified developers, called Kisumu NEAR Academy. This place will also be an opportunity to host monthly NEAR-Meets and become a city node. We will announce the details soon
- Planning a Sankore Bounty Ecosystem to engage our existing community and provide added value to the NEAR community: doc
2. Dapp Use Cases
Use Case 1: Principal Payment (Status: Working on Milestone based roadmap for grant proposal)
This project seeks to develop a secure, efficient, and reliable payment and contracting system for models and agents in an industry that largely offers short-term contracts which incur high processing fees. You can read more about the potential NEAR has in this industry in our Principal Payment working Lite Paper here: doc
We have identified two potential feasibility analysts but continue to screen for qualified feasibility analysts to ensure the quality of the study, which will help us make an informed decision regarding the chance of success of the venture. The scope of the study includes industry analysis, market study, competition, the current economic environment, feasible cost structure, the business model, marketing strategy, management structure and cost. If you are interested in knowing more about this analysis, please contact Magnus.
Use Case 2: Green Stocks for Cities by Public Space Network (Status: Working on Milestone based roadmap for grant proposal)
Green Stocks is an incentive scheme designed to stimulate a massive proliferation of green spaces in cities, encouraging both private and public actors to participate as a means of combating climate change and also improving city residents’ quality of life. Sankore 2.0 is collaborating with Public Space Network (PSN) which sees the expansion of green spaces in cities as critical to climate change mitigation and city regeneration. Sankore 2.0 and PSN jointly applied for a grant to conduct a feasibility study on the development and implementation of the Green Stocks incentive mechanism using the NEAR platform. If you are interested in knowing more about this analysis, please contact Magnus.
3. Partnership: Open Forest Protocol (OFP)
- Created a new sheet for Government outreach
- Had a call with the Forestry Commission of Ghana
- Developed a list of programs the Forestry Commission of Ghana oversees, to fit the Open Forest Protocol tool.
- Re-established communication with the Ministry of Forests and Waters of Ivory Coast
- Finalised the job description of the new secretary role for the OFP’s East Africa hub office
- Applied to send Kevin (Sankore CEO) as a key-note speaker to ETH Denver.
4. Blog Posts
5. Social Media Management & Analytics
6. Review of the December Roadmap from October’s Monthly Report
- (DONE) Formalise the partnership with Crypto Valley Venture Capital (CV_VC) in Africa.: doc
- (DONE) Run our events at the final two crypto tour destinations, Nakuru and Nairobi: Nakuru recap: doc, Nairobi event: Upcoming pitch competition: doc
- (DONE) Create content strategy for Instagram & YouTube
- (In progress) Work on new website
- (In progress) Have two devs start the NEAR Certified Instructor training
- (In progress) Collaborate with Afroeative and the Portable Health Record team to bring their projects to the NEAR Protocol
- (DONE) Work on weekly content in collaboration with Flying Rhino
- (DONE) Create forms to funnel new leads during the Kenya Crypto Tour
- (In progress) For at least one (in-house) dev to complete the NEAR Certified Instructor training
- (DONE) Onboard two interns
- (In progress) Build a team to work on the Decentralised Event Hosting and Ticket Distribution Network
- (In progress) Finalise the litepaper for the Decentralised Event Hosting and Ticket Distribution Network
- (In progress) Explore funding opportunities for the Decentralised Event Hosting and Ticket Distribution Network
- (DONE) Continue to foster cross-guild collaboration with Near Philippines and NPK Guild Nigeria.
7. January Roadmap
- Announce the pitch competition tour
- Outline all existing projects and optimise its onboarding process
- Finalise the website rebranding
- Organise another NEAR-meet in Mombasa fro February 5th
- Launch the Sankore Bounty Ecosystem: doc
- Publish Best Practices and Learnings discovered from the Kenyan Crypto Tour of November and December
- Announce the Pitch competition Tour.
Sankore 2.0 TEAM