Sankore 2.0 September Guild Report
Guild Name: Sankore 2.0
Our progress so far and insights we’ve gained.
The monthly report for September includes 10 sections
- September’s Highlights
- Dapp use case: Principal Payment
- Partnership: Open Forest Protocol Partnership
- Cross-Guild Collaboration & Connections
- Human Resources
- Blog Post
- New Initiatives/ Opportunities
- Social Media & Analytics
- Next Month Roadmap.
1. September’s Highlights
- Successfully registered our business in Kenya as Sankore LTD.
- Set up a publishing partnership with the Kenyan Wallstreet Journal and Bitcoin Ke.
- Published a brief summary on our initial weeks in networking with key profiles in Nairobi: Instagram
- 12 new members joined our Telegram Chat
- 91 new people followed us on Twitter
- Presented Sankore 2.0’s initiative to 4NTS panel discussion with @metapool, @fluxprotocol and FinanceOIN: video
- 3 members from the Sandbox joined our team: doc
- New Cross-Guild collaboration with #Rhino Guild
- Rebranded our core activities in three categories, Sankore Education, Sankore Climate and Sankore Solution: website
2. Dapp use case: Principal Payment
- Designed new paper prototype mock-ups of the mobile app with @Primaveralina from #inc4-guild: NDA
- We’ve completed one out of the three flows so far in our solution analysis with @Primaveralina : NDA
- Feasibility analysis: doc
3. Partnership: Open Forest Protocol
- List all the forests in Kenya: sheet: abri.co: excel
- Outline all the forests conservancies overseen by the Kenyan Forests Service: (sheet: KFS-Forest & KFS-Conservancies): excel
- Outlined all REDD+ Projects and Programs in Kenya: (sheet: REDD+): excel
- NGOs: Outreach to onboard projects as OFP founding members: (sheet: NGOs): excel
4. Cross-Guild Collaboration & Connections
- [Rhino Guild]: will help us with the Social Media blueprint roadmap.
- [Uganda Guild Community]: gave advice on how to grow NEAR-based communities in East Africa to its leader @Mucu256 . We will collaborate in cross-guild NEAR-based events in the region, both in Kenya and Uganda.
- [Sandbox]: we have onboarded three people from the sandbox that will help on website development and social media management in collaboration with @Magnus .
- Spoke with a software developer, Nate Mamman (website), from Nigeria, who is involved with the #Createbase community and plans to create his own guild. We provided advice regarding Guild creation, and discussed a potential collaboration to build an Africa-focused NFT application on top of existing NEAR-based NFT platforms.
5. Human Resources
- Month report
- Vacancies (soon to be updated on website)
6. New Initiatives/ Opportunities
- Sankore Engineering Ecosystem Roadmap: doc
- Sankore’s projects onboarding process in Kenya (built on the NEAR protocol):
- Projects we plan to build on the NEAR protocol (in evaluation process) protocol (in evaluation process)
- Portable Health Record: doc
- Afreative is interested in exploring the opportunities that DLT/blockchain could offer to their area of work.
- First kick-off event:
- Organising Sankore’s first event: a pitching competition on 4th December for new NEAR based projects from Kenya): doc.
8. Blog Posts
9. Social Media Management and Analytics
- Twitter: 178 followers
- Top mention: tweet
- Telegram chat: 41 members
- 134 more open views on out introduction post published on nearguild.com
- Website analytics:
10. Sankore 2.0’s key tasks for October
- NEAR Conference (documenting the entire journey through our new YouTube Channel)
- Publish content on NFT’s i.e. introducing the creator economy.
- Discuss with mint base and DAO records to evaluate the possibility of introducing African artists and developers on the NEAR-based NFT platforms.
- Construct a partnership content roadmap with the Kenya Wallstreet Journal and BitcoinKe: preliminary doc
- Collaborate with Afroeative and the Portable Health Record team to bring their projects to the NEAR Protocol.
- Have two devs start the NEAR Certified Instructor training.
- Start drafting the narrative (storyline) of Principal Payment.