ROADMAP for HypeDAO.xyz: Featured Artist pages, Synergistic Promotion Functionality for $HYPE, and Integrated Mintbase Marketplace

I’ve got some big ideas for our central hub at HypeDAO
This is multi staged so I will layout the grand plan first and then the steps required to get there. I would love community input for both the end goal as well as the logistics of getting there.

The Big Plan
The ultimate goal is to have a self sustaining hype machine to promote new artists as well as the NEAR ecosystem. HypeDAO.xyz will be the premier place where NEAR based collectors can discover talented artists and are incentivized to start and sustain their careers.

At least part of how we can make this happen is with a self fueling marketing campaign based around our internal ft $HYPE.

The Steps To Get There

1. Artist Profiles:
    HYPE Artists would spend the $HYPE they have acquired (more on this later) to build out their own unique pages on our website where they can share a little about themselves as well as their favorite creations.
    At first this would take the form of art cards that displayed the image/video with a description, title, and link to market of their choice. Once we have built out the basic infrastructure, V1.1 would allow for the choice of integrating their Mintbase items into these cards allowing them to sell/auction the items directly from our site/their artist page.
  2. Featured Artists:
    There would be a weekly featured artist at the top of our “artists” page along side the art card of their choice. Below this would be a list of other artists cards that could be searched for or sorted.
    Current ideas for sorting are (in order of difficulty to implement): newest, random, past featured, Mintbase integrated only, and community upvote.
  3. $HYPE Utility/Featured Lottery:
    Artist will earn $HYPE by promoting the featured page on Twitter. This will help promote not only the featured artist but will bring eyes to the other artists on our website as well as HypeDAO itself. Perhaps this $HYPE will be manually given out by council members at first but eventually it will be automated via tweet url confirmation. The artists can then spend that $HYPE to create their own page and buy “lottery tickets” to be featured themselves for the coming featured artist promotion campaign.
    At the end of every week our code will randomly select the next featured artist from the lottery pool. The more $HYPE you enter into this pool the greater your chances of being featured. We should probably limit your ability to be featured to once a month so no one artist ends up dominating, either by luck or manipulation somehow. This will incentivize artists to help promote each other as it will increase their chances of being promoted themselves in the future.

Open Question
In addition to your input on the above plan, I would like help with one key factor…

Once we get eyes on our artists, how do we incentivize collectors to purchase the art?

One relatively easy thing we could do is implement a showcase page for collector’s, similar to the artist page except it just shows their Mintbase and/or NEAR NFT collection.

We can also give out $HYPE to collectors who purchase via our integration when that becomes available. If they happen to also be artist then they can spend that to promote themselves. But what utility can we give $HYPE for non-artist collector’s? Let me know your ideas below :slight_smile:

Technical Requirements
There are many technical requirements and lots of these features depend on other features to be completed first. This Doc is already getting pretty long so I will probably be writing up those technical details in a separate post in the next few days. I’ll make sure to link here for anyone who is interested.

6 Likes

Technical Steps and Requirements
Overview:

1. First major step for us will be spinning up a DB as well as the required schemas/data models and routes in an API within our monorepo here.
  2. Artists pages and Featured page: we will need to build UI for viewing and creating artist pages and associated NFT cards as well as the main Featured artist page
  3. UI for submitting HYPE to lottery pool and logic for how/when to choose the random winner
  4. Integration with Mintbase along with alternate versions of UI and data models to accommodate this.

Details:

1. Database: Personally prefered DBs are PostgreSQL or MongoDB though I’m certainly willing to hear out opinions on other options. We would need CRUD routes for each schema/model in a Node.js (REST or GraphQL) API.
    Current data models would be as follows:
artist_profile: [{
     wallet_address: string,
     name: string,
     bio: string,
     socials: [{icon: string, url: string}, ...],
     collection: [featured_id, id2, id3, ...]
  }]
nft: [{
     id: sequential id,
     owner_address: string,
     title: string,
     market_link: string,
     preview_link: string,
     description: string
  }]
featured_artist: [{
     is_current: boolean,
     date: number (UTC)},
  }]
featured_artist_entries: [{
     tickets_entered: number
  }]
  1. Artist page UI: better mock ups are on the way, for now this basic framework skeleton should do. https://www.figma.com/file/t8IWSRWKE721PO9a8KmToY/HypeDAO-site?node-id=0%3A1
    If you are working on this please do not spend much time on the actual styling as it will probably end up being changed and keep everything componentized so we can move the parts around if needed later.

2. HYPE promotion pool: The main UI for this will be a submission form, though it would also be cool to to see the all current lottery ticket standings. A warning modal telling the artists they will be spending their HYPE and not get it back even if they lose would probably be appreciated.
    In addition to the actual logic for choosing a random winner based upon ticket submissions in a script we will need something along the lines of a cron job to run the script at a specified time.

3. Mintbase Integration: The first integration I would like is to be able to turn an NFT card into a mintbase card, using similar UI but with data from the selected Mintbase item as well as the ability to purchase/big on that item. This would need some experimentation but I believe the only thing we would need to chagne data model wise would be to add the following to the NFT model (and UI in the nft creation modal):

is_mintbase_item: boolean,
mintbase_item_id: string
mintbase_store_name (may or may not need this one)

Next Steps

• Adding HYPE as an upvote mechanism for nfts, if integrated with Mintbase, the collector would receive this Hype upon purchase (Thank you @Verbash for the suggestion!)
  • Collector leader board page: have stats for collectors so they can brag about the NFTs they’ve collected from HypeDAO artists, hype earned, NEAR spent, etc.
  • Collector gallery, similar to artist pages but for collectors to display and view their collections.
  • further integration with Mintbase: ability to create a store and mint an item using our custom in house UI
3 Likes