[REQUEST] Case Study of NEAR building ecosystem for forthcoming Open Web book

I am working on finishing a book by the end of the May about the open web. I would like to put a case study in the book about how NEAR is creating a community of practice around an Open Web3 ecosystem of developers, entrepreneurs, artists, designers, instructors and more and why that is important in these times.

The book suggests that we will not be able to solve the problems of today’s web or develop the needed collective cognitive capabilities to address our existential threats with a flat and static web. Web3 is a necessary upgrade but not sufficient. The book posits that we need a meta layer over the web page that creates decentralized public space above the web. In other words, it’s a book about emergent aspects of the open web.

The book is going to be published by renowned publisher Taylor and Francis https://taylorandfrancis.com in Dec 2022.

Here is a video that demos the initial implementation of the ideas in the book: Metaweb Tool Demo for the NEAR Ecosystem - YouTube

This article describes the foundation from which the technology of the book derives:
https://bridgitnow.medium.com/the-case-for-decentralizing-links-4ccf4e72f2e5

Do you have someone who could write a 500 word case study like this? Or someone who can steer me in the right direction in terms of web pages that may have the information I need?

1 Like

Hi @shiftshapr thanks for sharing details of your forthcoming book.

I suggest you could post a Bounty on the forum with details of what you require and remuneration offered.

1 Like

Thanks for great suggestion cryptocredit.

I am not sure that it makes sense for the situation given that this is simply an offer to showcase the NEAR ecosystem in the book. The book does not have any advance from the publisher so I actually don’t have any funds to play with and I don’t have personal funds to spend to promote NEAR. The piece is not necessary for the book and if NEAR would not see it as beneficial, then it doesn’t need to happen. I just thought it would be a good fit for a section on how new systems are emerging in the transition towards the next level of the web and it could give NEAR a nice shine for free. I am not asking for money. Just words.

I am not attached to it happening. I just thought it was unique opportunity given that books like this don’t get written everyday.

I am going to sit back and see if anyone has any idea or suggestion for this that does not involve me having to go into personal debt to promote NEAR. If not, it’s totally fine for me.

Thanks again. If my personal finances were different, I might do it for the love of NEAR but I don’t have that luxury now :slight_smile: