[Report] Residency at k.format / documenta15 - August - Lenara Verle

The residency in Kassel was very fruitful.

(residency program: MotionDAO _ k.format.pdf (956.3 KB))

We had at our disposal a large and very central space at k.format gallery to present our many daily activities.

Several participants of MotionDAO were able to meet in person for the first time, and it was an intense week of exchange and creation.

We were grateful for a very engaged public coming every day, and the quality of the discussions and contributions was excellent.

I am very happy with the result from the activities I proposed. Here are some details from them:

Onboarding workshop:

I compiled a landing site with links, not only in the presencial workshop, but also to be used as a self-guided activity that can be done at any time by people interested in learning about blockchain, NFTs, and MotionDAO.

This was the poster with a QR code for easy access to the material.

Below are the impressions from the link:

And this is the content I compiled for the workshop landing site:

POAP

The proof of attendance campaign was created with Satori, and we used it also as an onboarding tool for people to create NEAR wallets.

The campaign will run during the whole Documenta, until the end of September.

The stats so far are below:

And this is the NFT design, including the MotionDAO logo plus the color scheme and some elements from the Documenta15 visual identity.

Board Game session:

The board game workshop was very well attended, with 12 participants, and generated very thoughtful discussions.

The game is designed as a tool to facilitate dialogue, scenario development, team play and collaboration. It worked wonderfully as we had an engaged group of participants.

Pictures of the activity are below. We chose to move our game table outside as the weather was nice, in fact we were in the middle of a heatwave and the evening breeze was very welcome:

(by the way, the game is available to download if you want to try it yourself:)

During our game session in Kassel we were able to weave the content and questions that emerged in the gameplay with topics covered during the onboarding workshop and the discussions in the previous days.

We talked about cryptocurrency and also money and currency in general and their potential for change.

One presentation I highly recommend to go deeper into the rabbit hole of “what is a currency” is this one: New Economy, New Wealth by Arthur Brock

(and here some extra posts on the topic: Metacurrency resources )