[Report] August 2022: MotionDAO in Residence, K.Format gallery, Documenta 15, Kassel

August, we are in reality month of true encounters in the real world. Great emotion the nearness of these tangible human beings, wonderful bodies, which until then were just marvelous digits …

This month we were fully concentrated on the off documenta program in the k.format space, host of the residency: https://www.instagram.com/k.format_kassel/

Thanks to all who made it possible!

My journey to Kassel took place on August 8, 9 and 10.

http://motiondao.art
Starting with the creation of a website for motiondao.art in https://padlet.com/dashboard, so it keep easy editable for all motionDAO members.

Participation in Open talk/discussion/performance, together with @JeanneB on Value(s) of Solar, within the framework of “New Digital Economy for Live Art Makers: What are some of the new producing strategies for live-art makers with the blockchain technology that brings financial innovations?

Participation in Remote / Live Performance "We are all in the same place"
Several rehearsals with @anzorrilla (Argentina) @jorgegevara (Brussels, then live in Kassel) and other participants from Argentina.
The performance took place on August 8, remote as well as live, integrating the k.format audience with huge resonance: from Kassel to Argentina and back.

NFTs in Motion
Daily NFTs collection by MOtionDAO
Selection of works, minted in MotionDAO gallery mintbase.io, or in general proposed by MotionDAO members.

Preparation of the images and texts for creating the collection, series and campaign in satori creator studio, and create them.

Design and production of the daily posters for wallet creation and NFT claim.

Support the action on site k.format and complementing @lenara 's workshop.

I started to use satori creator studio in this way as an experiment in mid-May, and it has worked with a total of 123 minted NFTs and 42 near accounts created.
Since then I have carried out on three occasions this “performance NFTs collection” linked to my artistic activities, such as exhibitions or installations.

It is a playful proposal, to encourage a public totally unconnected to web3 to take their first step, to lose the fear of blockchain… in a relaxed, fast, simple, safe, free and anonymous way… almost without realizing it, they have taken the first step! they have their wallet and start the collection.

It is important to emphasize that the results are possible thanks to the collaboration and the impulse of other MotionDAO members. They gave me the motivation to design this action.
I especially want to thank Victor Morales @catalejo for his remote impulse with his wonderful AI image, which claims the most NFTS of the whole collection.

Accepted for Kernel Block 7
And at the end of August I received a wonderful email from KERNEL team with “… congratulations and a warmest welcome to join KERNEL Block 7! “

Simplicity

It opens, the gate to the garden

with the docility of a page

that frequent devotion questions

and inside, my gaze

has no need to fix on objects

that already exist, exact, in memory.

I know the customs and souls

and that dialect of allusions

that every human gathering goes weaving.

I’ve no need to speak

nor claim false privilege;

they know me well who surround me here,

know well my afflictions and weakness.

This is to reach the highest thing,

that Heaven perhaps will grant us:

not admiration or victory

but simply to be accepted

as part of an undeniable Reality,

like stones and trees.

Jorge Luis Borges, 1923

2 Likes

thank you Mariana! this was such an intense month. So happy that we finally met at Kassel and that we will do more projects together!

1 Like